Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803173 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5670 on: August 20, 2018, 02:23:21 pm »

So you're saying that in their quest for realism the dev team has come to simulate spontaneous generation
Clearly you're just taking the piss, but there's not a chance that there's a single open area in C:DDA that's roach-proof.
Muh relizms ::)

> TFW the devs forget about conservation of mass in their quest for realism
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: August 20, 2018, 02:37:36 pm »

I'd try to do that kind of thing myself to see if it was even possible (or, for that matter, beneficial to survival), but as I've said multiple times already, I'm not that experienced a player, and I often have difficulty surviving the first day.

If someone else wants to try to give the "misaimed realism" statements more weight (currently they're just speculations from a non-player and a bunch of other people responding with "if that's actually how it is then haha wow"), they can go right ahead.

Another question: Do rotting zombie corpses (not just tainted meat from butchering, the corpse itself, unbutchered and pulped so it doesn't rise again) and the like produce roaches?

For that matter, do rotting roach corpses produce more roaches? 'cause if so...

that might prove somewhat problematic, too. Or it could provide a degree of self-sustainabilty as far as a cockroach farm goes (as disgusting as the idea is to me).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: August 22, 2018, 09:01:50 pm »

Said it once, will say it again. Complaining for the sake of complaining. I for one don't mind the change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: August 22, 2018, 09:48:34 pm »

Roaches sound like they could be obnoxious.  Spread like fungus, but made of meat.

Are they dangerous?  Do they eat food?  Will the mob you?  Can they infect you?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: August 23, 2018, 11:03:51 am »

Advanced ones are, YES, probably, don't recall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: August 23, 2018, 05:49:35 pm »

Roaches sound like they could be obnoxious.  Spread like fungus, but made of meat.

There's a new-ish function that allows certain mobs to eat food and crops if they are adjacent to them. All carnivores will eat meat, most insects eat any food they stumble near, herbivores ravage growing/unharvested crops if you aren't careful. The heavily mutated version of giant roaches, plague nymphs/bearers/vectors, have the zombie's infectious bite and do a bit more damage but aren't much more dangerous than ordinary zombies themselves.

Raw meat will usually spawn roaches, but being near Triffid Groves or Fungal colonies will skew the spawn rates heavily in their favor. But if you aren't hunting Triffids for veggie chunks or preparing to kill the Bloom/Spire/Tower, you aren't usually hanging around long enough for that to matter anyways. Even then you're usually in and out in less than two in-game hours with most of it spent walking.

Also, does anyone know if the Triffid Fungal Fighter's stinger can still punch through all armor 100% of the time? Because last time I checked about 1 month back, literally nothing stops it and its been that way since they were introduced.

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: August 27, 2018, 06:08:36 am »

Alarm, alarm. New plant growing get merged right now, expect more keypress. Much more.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/24291
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:13:19 am by cainiao »

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: August 27, 2018, 10:20:17 am »

Alarm, alarm. New plant growing get merged right now, expect more keypress. Much more.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/24291

I somwtimes wonder If the people who add this kind of stuff actually like doing the same mindless action 50+ times in a row. is their definition of fun watching propmpts fly through the screen? Maybe its their idea of RP?

Maybe they dont actually play the game?

Well farming was always the subpar method. It was only slightly worth it when you could plant stuff by a road and return a season later for free food. Guess it will just be raiding toilets and canned food now.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: August 27, 2018, 06:19:17 pm »

Farming expanded but not streamlined. /sigh

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: August 27, 2018, 06:41:02 pm »

This is just the kick in the pants I needed to stop farming.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: August 27, 2018, 10:47:38 pm »

People (even me!) keep saying it's all complaining for the sake of complaining, but there is a pattern, isn't there? Whether it's as malicious as some believe, cataclysm is being moved from crazy zombie survival game with deathmobiles and cyborgs and shit, to crazy survival game with deathmobiles and cyborgs and shit, but with more added tedium.

I mean... the eating part of the game isn't the interesting part of the game, is it? It's a good pressure to have, but how deep does this system need to be? Things like the stamina change make the combat deeper, that seems like the sort of thing to add to if you're actually trying to make a fun game more fun.  Rather than trying to make it less game.

Cataclysm is a survival game heavily focused on combat. Unreal world is a survival game where it is quite easy and really for the best to just avoid combat entirely. If that's what some people want, then fork the game or make a mod, because that's not what it is.

Repeatedly pressing buttons knowing the outcome in advance is tedious and not fun.  Make less mindless button pressing, and more decision making.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: August 27, 2018, 11:24:33 pm »

If we can't even attempt to use things like, uh, IDK, rotting stuff I'm going to be more dissatisfied with this change.

If attempting to do so causes underground giant cockroaches, I'm going to be more more dissatisfied with this change.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:44 am »

The pattern of tedium over tedium has been visible since the year or two of chaos after Whales left settled. I don't know why anyone would expect farming to be the exception to the rule, especially not when there have been so many decisions which seem to be at worst, possible playstyle gatekeeping, and at best, a nonsensical tedium from gameplay's perspective. *cough* the multitude of shitty firearm and vehicle changes

IMO, it has got to the point where the last version of Whale's code is smoother to play and flows so much better. And that's just sad, seeing that it was a crashy, unfinished mess.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:06:53 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: August 28, 2018, 01:14:34 am »

The mininuke apparently got nerfed in the name of realism, and they also removed the crafting recipe for it so you can't make them yourself.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:19:48 am by Altivera »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: August 28, 2018, 08:54:03 am »

So was farming actually expanded out, or is this another case of something being changed to make it a bit more clunky with constant keystrokes? Mostly unsure what was changed since I'm running a fair few versions behind.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:57:32 am by ZebioLizard2 »
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 451