Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803125 times)

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5655 on: August 18, 2018, 09:33:59 pm »

I don't like needing a butchering rack in order to get all the drops from butchering corpses. Before I just butchered and hauled the resources back to my base, now I gotta carry the damn corpse back to a butchering rack with a flat surface nearby in order to get a full yield from butchering.
I think the full butcher setup just gives you extra drops you wouldn't normally get and the fast butcher is functionally the same as just pressing B in previous versions
Unless they changed it fast butchering netted me only meat and offal.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: August 19, 2018, 04:50:28 am »

Maybe it depends on skill?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: August 19, 2018, 06:37:54 am »

I think as of right now you only get meat from fast butchering.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: August 19, 2018, 02:46:02 pm »

Well, thats an unpleasant change. I hope they plan on adding a semi-processed form of butchering to reduce mass and/or volume so one can haul the corpse back easier.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: August 19, 2018, 02:59:58 pm »

Well, thats an unpleasant change. I hope they plan on adding a semi-processed form of butchering to reduce mass and/or volume so one can haul the corpse back easier.
You can field dress and quarter a corpse to reduce the weight but you need to perform a full butchery which requires a butchering rack, a flat surface, and sawing and cutting tools in order to get stuff outside of meat and offal.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: August 19, 2018, 03:09:03 pm »

Ah, good, missed that they already had dressing and quartering possible elsewhere.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: August 20, 2018, 07:48:04 am »

I just spent several days in game clearing the roaches out of a mansions basement, the whole process involved killing almost four hundred roaches and gathering all the eggs and meat and burning all of it, in the hope that they don't come back, probably would have been more of a pain in the ass if I hadn't already killed all the zombies.

So has anyone else noticed the massive amount of stuff spawning from the new carrion thing, I left it at 100% if that matters. I should probably turn it down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: August 20, 2018, 07:57:55 am »

Are roaches a mon?  And not like vermin from df?

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: August 20, 2018, 08:24:20 am »

Giant fucking roaches man. They're in your pantry, eating your pants.
Love, scriver~

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: August 20, 2018, 09:41:15 am »

Haven’t done any gameplay, but are roaches butcherable?

The whole “Spawn from rotten things” mechanic makes me wonder if a cockroach farm wouldn’t be possible...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: August 20, 2018, 10:53:19 am »

I just spent several days in game clearing the roaches out of a mansions basement, the whole process involved killing almost four hundred roaches and gathering all the eggs and meat and burning all of it, in the hope that they don't come back, probably would have been more of a pain in the ass if I hadn't already killed all the zombies.

So has anyone else noticed the massive amount of stuff spawning from the new carrion thing, I left it at 100% if that matters. I should probably turn it down.

Hence why I just keep it at zero, to be honest it isn't worth it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: August 20, 2018, 12:28:41 pm »

Answered here
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/24878
The whole “Spawn from rotten things” mechanic makes me wonder if a cockroach farm wouldn’t be possible...
Sort of, but they should be zero-sum, so you can't get unending meat from farming them.  i.e. when a roach spawns it also consumes some existing meat.
OTOH, you definitely CAN dump your (inedible) tainted meat and farm up (edible, but gross) roach meat.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #5667 on: August 20, 2018, 12:45:41 pm »

Sort of, but they should be zero-sum, so you can't get unending meat from farming them.  i.e. when a roach spawns it also consumes some existing meat.
OTOH, you definitely CAN dump your (inedible) tainted meat and farm up (edible, but gross) roach meat.
This is completely disgusting, and I think it's amazing.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: August 20, 2018, 01:30:14 pm »

This is completely disgusting, and I think it's amazing.
So you're saying that in their quest for realism the dev team has come to simulate spontaneous generation
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #5669 on: August 20, 2018, 02:13:19 pm »

So you're saying that in their quest for realism the dev team has come to simulate spontaneous generation
Clearly you're just taking the piss, but there's not a chance that there's a single open area in C:DDA that's roach-proof.
Muh relizms ::)
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 451