Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: You are the bridge crew of a Galactic Imperial light cruiser (completed)  (Read 34145 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are the bridge crew of a Galactic Imperial light cruiser (full)
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

"Seriously, what is going on here? Was that a body bag?"

"Vader killed the Cap' for missing a contact of unknown type."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2015, 07:49:24 pm »

"Blast. There were always rumors at the Academy, but I always figured...damn. Other than that, what's the situation? Don't tell me somebody wants to get back in contact with tall, dark, and deadly."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »

"Blast. There were always rumors at the Academy, but I always figured...damn. Other than that, what's the situation? Don't tell me somebody wants to get back in contact with tall, dark, and deadly."

"Someone might have wanted to.  Seen the doc recently?"

Review further Psychological Profiles and rank by rebel likeliness.

After this is finished, program in the security measure.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2015, 08:51:02 pm »

"Nope. Been meaning to, though. Got a bitch of a headache. Ugh. Should probably make myself useful. Who's taken command now, anyway?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2015, 09:10:18 pm »

Cadet IronyOwl, Major Doctor, Minor Cybernetics Technician

Quite obviously Officer Radio Controlled, i am doing the sane thing here. Nobody knows our orders, except for one person and thats Lord Vader. Now if you don't want to contact him yourself i am more than willing to do so but indeed we should contact him and find out what the hell we are supposed to do here.
IronyOwl coughed loudly.

"Given that Lord Vader found our orders to be traitorous or a waste of time, I suspect he may have better things to do than instruct us on their finer points."

"Nope. Been meaning to, though. Got a bitch of a headache. Ugh. Should probably make myself useful. Who's taken command now, anyway?"
"As far as I can tell, whoever's loudest at the moment."

If nobody's done so yet, reactivate the transponder. Once that's done or redundant, begin looking up the crew's medical histories. see if we have any painkillers for GentlemanRaptor. Once that's done, start looking up medical histories.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:14:59 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2015, 09:13:00 pm »

"Hey, doc, got any painkillers on you? Woke up with a real irritating headache."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2015, 09:14:10 pm »

"...let me check."

((Editing in additional action.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2015, 10:29:46 pm »

Zanzetkuken looks up from the report he is evaluating for a second, before saying, "If we wind up becoming fugitives from either the transponder remaining broken or some other similar fuck-up when trying to communicate with the base, I want everyone to know I called it, and I will stab the guy who suggests we go to the rebels."  He then returns to the psychological report he was reviewing.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2015, 01:32:36 am »

Pondering the apparent disappearance of the Doc, Iituem found a free terminal and set the ship's computer to do a full sweep of the ship for the doctor, as well as checking the airlock logs for any recent departures in the last four days.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2015, 03:44:25 am »

Now that our transponders back up, I'm gonna try and recontact nearby outposts again. Hopefully they'll take us seriously this time.

Snail opens up a communication channel.
I do stuff, I guess

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2015, 05:39:19 am »

"Why bother? We'll be at Ryloth in a few hours anyway."

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2015, 08:38:15 am »

*Whines*Buuuuttt hyperspace isss booooriiiinnnng
I do stuff, I guess

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2015, 08:43:33 am »

"You are a crewmember on an imperial starship, not a child. Start acting like it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2015, 10:51:33 am »

Turn Update

Ship security now added to the game

Everyone has a code cylinder that is used to gain access to various areas of the ship, and to access various ship's systems.

Here are the securable areas of the ship:

* Armory
 * Bridge
 * Cargo
 * Engineering
 * Medical
 * Private quarters (everyone has their own)

In addition, there are a number of systems that require access to use, even if you can get to them:

* Navigation consoles
 * Security consoles
 * Engineering consoles
 * Communications consoles
 * Medical consoles
 * Airlocks
 * Gunnery

TIE fighters have no security. If you can get in one, you can operate it if you're able. However, both your fighters are on external mounting racks, meaning you need to get through an airlock to get to them. The Dependable is not large enough to have a hangar.

There are two astromech droids on the ship.

Console security is not especially intelligent. There are simple scomps that you slide a code cylinder into to gain access. This does not mean that it's impossible for somebody without access to use a console. For example, if Adam is "logged in" then Bob, reaching over his shoulder, could push buttons on the console. Consoles will log you out after several minutes of inactivity however, so just because Charlies access a console last turn doesn't mean that you can walk into the room later and still use the console.

The ship is current operating under minimum security, so area access doors are open. This means that everyone has physical access to everywhere on the ship except other player's personal quarters. Even Joe Nobody can walk into engineering. But they can't make changes without engineering console access privileges. Anyone can sit in a gunnery chair, but powering up and firing the guns requires insertion of a code cylinder with gunnery access privileges. Etc.

Note that the above changes slightly contradict some gameplay that has taken place already. Bear with me. We didn't even have all character submissions in until last night. Access privileges are  now listed in theOP. if you feel something is in error, let me know.

Review further Psychological Profiles and rank by rebel likeliness.

After this is finished, program in the security measure.

Zanzetkuken begins coding a new transmission log security protocol.

Spoiler: GM comment (click to show/hide)

reactivate the transponder.

Dr. Ironyowl looks at the console in engineering. This isn't something he knows much about, but it looks like it should be a very easy thing to do. It says right there on the status display that the transponder is disabled. It should be just a matter of pushing one of these buttons...

ACCESS DENIED

Oh, right. Being a doctor, IronyOwl's code cylinder doesn't grant operator privileges in engineering. While considering what to do, he's interrupted by some beeping noises from the astromech droid BFEL sent to meet him.

: Beep, beep beep?"

: "Hey, little guy. Can you turn the transponder on for me?"

: "Beep! Bee-bee-BEEP beep."

: "I don't speak droid. Is that a yes or no?"

: "Bee-bee beep. Beep beep, bee-SCREECH beep beep bee-beep."

: Turn it on?"

: "SCROWWWLLLLL bee-bee-beep."

: "Would you re-enable the transponder...please?"

: "Beep!"

The astromech rolls over to the console and interfaces through the scomp port.

Ship's transponder enabled

Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of the missing Imperial code software. But at least now the Dependable will register as a legitimate non-pirate vessel would be expected to.

see if we have any painkillers for GentlemanRaptor.

Having finished in Engineering, IronyOwl stops by medical and picks up a standard medkit. Checking to confirm it has Symoxin, he turns to leave for the bridge but is interrupted by Ituem walking in with a yellow body bag.

The Petty Officer bags up the Commander in the ridiculous body bag and heads down to sick bay

IronyOwl: "Who's this?"

Ituem:"Our late Commander. Can you put him on ice?"

Dr. IronyOwl nods, briefly checks the bag to confirm that it is in fact Commander Tells, then loads him into a drawer. Then the two return to the bridge.

go to intercom, make ship wide announcement:
"All hands report to the bridge. This is not a drill."
Stumble, bleary-eyed, onto the bridge.
heads back up to the bridge.
head up to the bridge as asked.

Radio Controlled puts out a call over the PA for everyone to report to the bridge. Within a few minutes, everyone who isn't already present arrives. Well, everyone except the late Commander Tells and Dr. Lasken. IronyOwl pulls a hypospray out of his bag and gives GentlemanRaptor an injection. It briefly occurs to everyone that as the only remaining Doctor on board, he could very easily have laced the injection with poison. Fortunately, GentlemanRaptor doesn't seem to keel over dead, and his headache is much improved.

: "Thanks."

Pondering the apparent disappearance of the Doc, Iituem found a free terminal and set the ship's computer to do a full sweep of the ship for the doctor, as well as checking the airlock logs for any recent departures in the last four days.

With only Dr. Lasken unaccounted for, Ituem walks over to the security console and stares at it. As the ship's chef, it's very unlikely this his code cylinder would allow him access to the console. And even if it did, he's not certain he'd know how to operate it anyway.

try and recontact nearby outposts again

Snail opens up a communication channel.
if I see people randomly trying to work the comms console, prevent it through non-hostile means. Like standing in front of it or something.

Having gone to Hyperspace already, the outpost Radio Controlled spoke to a few minutes ago is now light years away. But that's no problem, and Snail555 is able to establish contact without difficulty. Radio Controlled attempts to intervene, but since communications officer Snail555 is sitting at one of the two communication consoles, he can't stop him in time.

: "Base, this is Guardian FJ-129, requesting contact, over."

: "FJ-129, this is Imperial outpost Kaytara 6, I read you.  ...wait, FJ-129? Aren't you the ship that just contacted me?"

What do you do?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

"You are a crewmember on an imperial starship, not a child. Start acting like it."
Pfft, gotcha! We've nothing else to do, might as well try communicating with them again. It's not like they will be busier than whatever they have on Ryloth.

To the officer: Yes, we are indeed the ship that has just contacted you. We would like to reinstate that our commander has been, ahem, disciplined by the Lord Vader. We wish to requisition docking permissions at your outpost or a referral to another one for installment of a new commanding officer.

I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15