Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 852481 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1620 on: February 06, 2016, 06:36:20 am »

25.) Bloody Correcting Quill: Whenever something is misspelled with this quill it takes control of the wielder's hand and angrily marks misspelled word with jagged, red lines. The ink is drawn into the quill from the user's own blood.

26.) Paper Binding Advisor: When activated, this pin designed to hold together scripts will randomly pop up and offer self-obvious and unneeded advise on your office work. Sometimes it will activate itself even when disabled. It never offers helpful advise. It might watch you while you're sleeping.
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 07, 2016, 03:21:57 am »

One thing that is a bit annoying about having multiple DMs is keeping track of what is allowed and what is not. Especially when the DMs tend to switch places during the same campaign.

One DM is fine with just about anything, as long as you run it by him first. Another bans everything but Core. Even some Core stuff.

My character just had another facet of his build nerfed into the ground. Anyone know any good ways in Pathfinder to bump a fear effect from demoralization from Shaken to Frightened, or even Panicked?

No Unchained, so I can't nab Signature Skill.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 07, 2016, 04:14:25 am »

The Disheartening Display feat is about the only real option for increasing the fear effect due to demoralization from the Shaken condition to the Frightened status effect, at least for a general purpose character. You can also use the Dirty Trick Master feat as well. Both of these options require 2 consecutive rounds to inflict the Frightened status. Sacrificing two rounds of combat to inflict one status effect seems a rather poor trade however.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 07, 2016, 08:19:50 am »

They should agree on a no ex post facto policy.
Love, scriver~

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 08, 2016, 12:20:02 am »

My guy, hung over, was looking for a guy named Yewkeg, but because he's hung over and not thinking right, he kept shouting angrily for "my-keg" and he proceeded to do so until they ran into a bald dwarf named Harry Beardbeard. My guy laughed so hard, our party dwarf kicked my guy in the balls, resulting in a laughing, crying, high pitched voiced Longtooth shifter
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 08, 2016, 12:22:29 am »

Sounds like your party is having fun at least, mine are currently freaking out about how to deal with an irate dragon and a plot to assassinate the queen.  At least I'm enjoying that.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 08, 2016, 12:35:22 am »

Sounds like your party is having fun at least, mine are currently freaking out about how to deal with an irate dragon and a plot to assassinate the queen.  At least I'm enjoying that.

The obvious solution is to make the dragon the queen. Then the dragon is mollified, just in time to be assassinated!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 08, 2016, 12:37:23 am »

Ahahahaha if that actually WORKED...

Are these the human-becoming kind of dragons?  Because if so, YES DO IT DO EET DEW EEEEEET.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 08, 2016, 12:43:21 am »

This dragon is male, has serious issues, and is just this side of unkillable, he just busted up the royal palace and kidnapped the thief girl.

The queen is actually currently very safe, with her five extremely loyal and incredibly dangerous generals guarding her.  Since the plot against her is being very carefully orchestrated from the shadows, no-one has any good data on what is going to happen.

It's an absolutely gorgeous mess and I am thrilled that it all happened so smoothly and through the players own actions.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: February 08, 2016, 04:03:47 am »

Here we go I made a new game this time.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156131.0

If your free Sunday or Saturday then give it a look. Glad to have whoever can make it aboard!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 12, 2016, 07:35:44 pm »

UGH! why do maps have to be so hard? I even found ways to cheat, but it still looks like garbagio.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 12, 2016, 09:38:49 pm »

Here we go I made a new game this time.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156131.0

If your free Sunday or Saturday then give it a look. Glad to have whoever can make it aboard!
Blegh. Of course I'd miss this.

Honestly go ahead and join it... >_< we are kind of low on players. Just please do it quickly

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 12, 2016, 10:27:56 pm »

He might mean that he can't make that time. That's the biggest problem with real-time gaming.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 14, 2016, 03:21:03 am »

This weeks session turned into a high speed chase featuring two magical tanks and a dragon stuck in human form.  Then the paladin started hearing the voice of his god, who, it turns out, happens to be more than a bit of a troll.  I am enjoying this far too much.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 14, 2016, 03:25:50 am »

I'm being asked if I am satisfied with my character. It's a gestalt campaign, and I never use my second class's abilities. I am a Kineticist/Barbarian, and I have yet to use Rage once.

I am a bit unhappy with it, as everything I've tried with it build-wise has fallen through. Though there isn't much that would work with a Kineticist in the first place.

I don't know if I should attempt to retrain or just try making a new character.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 623