Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845546 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #480 on: July 25, 2015, 12:15:16 am »

Why do we need 80 different threads? I mean, DnD was 80% of the tabletop thread.
Which, after having the DnD removed from it, has died.

Now where will I post my warhammer junk?
Agreed. Despite having no interest in TCGs or w/e I really don't see any need for a separate thread.
Oh well, this seems to be here to stay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 25, 2015, 02:44:32 am »

Sorry guys but we just don't like your MTG Thread with guest appearance from DND.

And before you defend it Yoink, may I just say... Let the post count speak for itself. If it was completely superfluous then the threads would have died.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:46:06 am by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:21 am »

No attitude guys, I understand that the tabletop thread was handling the load before, but conversation was spilling into other areas, I was just setting up a place for it to progress without interruption.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 25, 2015, 05:34:23 am »

Sorry guys but I just don't like your MTG Thread with guest appearance from DND.

Fixed that for you.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 25, 2015, 05:40:35 am »

I thought the old thread was dominated by DND...  The point is there's more than enough discussion for a dedicated DND thread, so splitting it off was a good idea.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:17 pm »

Yeah, it's not like you can't post in the TTG thread just because it's been dormant for a week or two.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 25, 2015, 09:12:47 pm »

Had another game tonight. One member couldn't show up, so we just went with a little side-game for the day.

I swapped out my archer fighter for a sacred huntmaster inquisitor of Desna, focusing on throwing star-knives. Though at level 5, I'm not particularly good at it. My animal companion is a roc. Flavoured as a giant butterfly. Confusing as hell, but hey, it's funny. And thematic.

I chose to reskin the roc because of an alternate ruling for worshipers of Desna that allow them to use Summon Monster III to summon a giant monarch, with a note next to the ruling saying that the monarch uses the stats of a giant eagle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 25, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »

This damn arrow... and the insanity that it actually landed.

So there was this Fairy Dragon 135 feet away, past a cloud of fog, that was invisible, flying, and had perfect silent flight...

And he still managed to make the perception check to strike it down.

---

Oddly enough a player asked why he still needs to roll total concealment if he knows where it is.

The reasoning I gave him is because he might have an idea where it is, but it can still move around and isn't a stationary target.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2015, 09:59:22 pm »

Hehe, "What do your dwarf eyes see?"

My unsaid response was "That fuckin' fairy!"

And then I fumbled on the last stride and only hit one of my shots, and rolled minimum damage on that. But yeah, +21 Per and a natural 20 on the check, that was pretty crazy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 26, 2015, 12:14:36 am »

So this 5e game on bay12 I'm playing on has the most fucked up system of law I have ever seen in any game.

If you're charged with theft, and found guilty, death penalty.

If you're part of a crime organization and caught being part of one but have not done anything wrong yet in this town, you're free to go.

If you openly admit to being part of a crime group and admit that you tried to kidnap a child, but don't actually have the child, you're free to go.

If you're a red tiefling and you're the only one in the area, it's ok to shoot him because he's a red tiefling on a wanted poster that isn't even for this town or this continent.

If you're a guardsman, you can kill anyone as long as you have proper reason for it. Even if they are proven innocent or free to go.

And this is why I now want to take over the city. My first priority is to frame the guards by using disguise self to do open crimes to look like I'm abusing the guards power. Through this, I plan on having the nobles and the council and the mayor look awful because they let shit like this happen.

Step 2 involves either taking power by politically asserting myself into the system by harassing the nobles and whatnot with the above and gain followers (aka cannon fodder) who are victims of the "guard abuse".

Step 3 has me making a last attempt to have some of the nobles and/or councilmen and/or the mayor side with me and overthrow/kill the others. Replace them with party members or NPC allies.

Step 4 has myself establishing full dominance as I kill/drive off the other nobles who aren't party members or NPC allies and fully establish control.

Step 5 is to enlist a new town guard and everyone who was a guard previously is executed for misuse of power.

Ste 6 is to sell the town if I can, else I let other party members handle it once the old guard is all but a memory.

Step 7 is to bask in the glory of a PROPER justice system that will probably arrest me properly for knowing my affiliation with the shadow thieves. And then proceed to break out of jail because I'll be that high of a level by then
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 26, 2015, 12:20:48 am »

So this 5e game on bay12 I'm playing on has the most fucked up system of law I have ever seen in any game.

If you're charged with theft, and found guilty, death penalty.

If you're part of a crime organization and caught being part of one but have not done anything wrong yet in this town, you're free to go.

If you openly admit to being part of a crime group and admit that you tried to kidnap a child, but don't actually have the child, you're free to go.

If you're a red tiefling and you're the only one in the area, it's ok to shoot him because he's a red tiefling on a wanted poster that isn't even for this town or this continent.

If you're a guardsman, you can kill anyone as long as you have proper reason for it. Even if they are proven innocent or free to go.

This isn't far fetched unfortunately...

It is a system of law where "attempted" isn't a criminal offense and where the law is absolutely corrupt.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 26, 2015, 12:22:20 am »

What accounts for 'proper reason'?
Is it something like 'I was annoyed by this person'?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 26, 2015, 12:27:21 am »

What accounts for 'proper reason'?
Is it something like 'I was annoyed by this person'?

It usually happens in a place where all the guards "look out for one another" and thusly they can just make up good reasons or just say "They looked suspicious and when I asked if they were up to something they attacked" even if it was an outright lie.

Japan has had law systems that outright broken before... But that is because Japan historically was an incredibly elitist society that legalized tyranny towards the lower castes.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 26, 2015, 12:30:06 am »

Considering their captain of the guard just tried to rip me a new one because I told him I'm stopping some child abductors because I'm "taking the law into my own hands" when I'm capturing them, and the FUCKINNG GUARDS COME AND KILL TWO PEOPLE FOR NO REASON, this place is fucked beyond beleif
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 26, 2015, 07:34:30 am »

...For the record, I completely support that plan of take-over. The Justice system is that stupid.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 623