Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849091 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #540 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:33 am »

You know Highmax... though not in the official rules

I actually like the idea that lycanthropy that makes the person grow too much can be extremely harsh on their system.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 28, 2015, 06:40:42 pm »

Polling interest more than anything but would anyone want to do a roll20 game of either DnD 5e or pathfinder  (or a handful of other rp games but this is the dnd thread) on any of Mon-Thurs, starting 10:00am est to 7:00pm est and ending no later than 11:00pm est?
Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2015, 07:38:30 pm »

I'm down for it. My campaigns-in count is at a painful low of one active.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2015, 11:20:47 pm »

I'm not a fan of roll20. My time zone is too far from too many people, being in Canada and all

Also, I'm trying really hard to not throw out an idiot I invited without realizing he's an idiot. He goes up to a drinking contest and they're all set up with the odds, and the paladin shows up and bets 1000gp on the monk winning. Everyone starts asking him what he's trying to pull and the sorcerer they're betting on, who is immune to being intoxicated for 3 days now (was 17 days, they spent too long doing other things) just up and walks away, and Tyson-chan the gnome barbarian as always, steps up to take his spot. The paladin bets 1000gp on her and everyone does as well, against a 5'11 and buff monk who was raised in a dwarven land (he has a thick scottish accent the dwarves have in my world, halflings are irish).

She starts to drink (funny thing is she's drinking against her guildmaster for the pugilist's guild) and so does he and he tanks his roll with a nat 1 and goes out like a light while she's plastered (she can't stand up at all but conscious). The paladin walks away at the time of her getting plastered and his winnings is on the table for grabs. So the very wealthy and rich rogue that is played by me (the DM) is screwed over because the party acted like idiots. He lost every single penny he had and then used the 1000gp to pay off more. Tyson-chan goes for round 2 against a minotaur because she claims she'll make it back and the patrons (I rolled this) want it to continue to earn more money. The rogue takes some bets and the gnome is out like a light. To pay off more winnings, Carl the Rogue steals all of Tyson-chan's money and pays off all of his debts... And walks away penniless while Ewan the Monk and Tyson-chan are locked in the drunk tank for the night, with him stealing the guildmaster's coin purse in the process.

The next morning, the bard finds out tyson-chan was robbed and tells Carl to give the money back, and he says (without a deception roll) that he does not have her money at all. She convinces him to hand over the money he stole and he hands her Ewan's money minus a gold (he stays in a more comfortable inn rather than the dingy brawler's bar). Ewan and Tyson-chan spend the rest of the day chatting while dealing with a hangover. The party now has to go hunt for signs of this new race called "hobgoblins" that seem like goblins with orcish bodies.

But yeah, other than me pretty much playing the shyster rogue as he would be, I have yet to punish my players too badly (at the rate they get money, its not an issue. So I increased the price of everything so it seems there's a problem with inflation (which there kind of is with how high the gold amount they get paid for low level quests. That's a problem I seem to be having in my games; I make money usually not an issue, but the acquisition of items a problem)), but I REALLY want to punch this idiot. He talks like an autistic five year old half the time to get our attention when we're talking (he interrupted me like 8 times when I said hold on while I was describing the issue to ask where he was on the battlefield), he gets REALLY mad when I punish him for stupid ideas (he tried climbing a tree in full chainmail and sleeping in it because it was too big of a burden to remove and put on, so I said he woke up uncomfortable and he falls off of trees because he fails his checks), and today he just tried justifying healing himself over the mage who was at 3hp and he was at 20hp and threw a fit because after he healed him, I crit him with a greatsword and knocked him unconscious and almost to death in negative HP. Seriously, I don't know if he actually has a mental problem, but this guy is REALLY getting on my nerves and though I tolerate Tyson-chan's player's shit because at least he doesn't do it often, everything that comes out of this guy's mouth is a bad idea AND usually something he can't do because he's either not the right class or its something that isn't physically possible (he actually at one point used his sword to chop wood to level up a bit. He also carries like 10 weapons that when I ask him if he can carry it, he never bothers to check. Seriously, guy has two swords, a shield, chainmail, 6 javelins, a crossbow with two quivers, a battle axe, a greataxe and i think he has only a 16 to st).

I even yelled at him for talking like he's a child. If he kept doing it was going to reduce his character's age by 10 years for every time he did it again. His character is only 28, so by the end of it, he would turn into a sperm or a fetus or something unborn. I already punish him for stupid ideas, but he's not learning, even if everyone warns him about his actions. I don't know if I can keep going on with him and he's running my patience thin.

On a better note, I finally have time to do a fully fleshed dungeon as for the next few weeks I'm done class (and my sessions are for in between classes for us). This means I can flesh out the hobgoblin headquarters. On a final note, HOBGOBLINS FRIGGING HURT IN 5E. They get an extra 2d6 damage as a footsoldier and 3d6 as a captain!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 29, 2015, 03:55:27 am »

Polling interest more than anything but would anyone want to do a roll20 game of either DnD 5e or pathfinder  (or a handful of other rp games but this is the dnd thread) on any of Mon-Thurs, starting 10:00am est to 7:00pm est and ending no later than 11:00pm est?

Is be interested, but I can't say for sure until you settle on a time as I'm all the way over the ocean.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 29, 2015, 03:58:36 am »

Is be interested, but I can't say for sure until you settle on a time as I'm all the way over the ocean.

10am is a time period I rarely am happy during :P

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 29, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »

Well more as early as 10:00am but I can start any time during those days after that as well.
Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 29, 2015, 03:16:43 pm »

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat where 10:00 AM is borderline, I'd consider doing it if absolutely necessary, but I'd probably end up sleeping through sessions. Later is better, yo.  :P

Incidentally, what sort of chargen rules were you thinking of?

3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2015, 03:42:33 pm »

That would be up for discussion, but lower level most likely.  Not level 1 but not level 10 either you know?
Nom nom nom

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2015, 04:12:41 pm »

I more or less figured that, meant more in terms of what level of point buy (or if you want good ol' 4d6 drop lowest instead), banned classes, &c. Also whether you're leaning PF or 5e.

'Cause I'm the sort who'll start planning out characters the moment I have guidelines, so's that I get over my kid-in-candy-store impression before the time comes to submit one.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2015, 04:33:24 pm »

I'd rather 4d6 drop lowest, re-roll 1, allocate as you choose but let's move this to
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152303.0
Nom nom nom

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2015, 06:18:55 pm »

Pathfinder's Occult Adventures came out, which I was pretty hyped for. Getting to play a kineticist is something I have been looking forward to.

Not so hyped for the Advanced Race Guide errata that came out today. Nerfs everywhere. Some got hit harder than others.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2015, 06:20:06 pm »

Pathfinder's Occult Adventures came out, which I was pretty hyped for. Getting to play a kineticist is something I have been looking forward to.

Not so hyped for the Advanced Race Guide errata that came out today. Nerfs everywhere. Some got hit harder than others.

THANK FREEKEN GOODNESS! Several of the races were so metagaming good that it annoyed me deeply.

Though I somehow doubt they will nerf the ones that needed to be (Aasimar, Tiefling, and Kobold)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »

No, the nerfs are everywhere.

i don't care though, in my campaign, it doesn't matter how hard they slay, it's who they slay :P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2015, 06:36:08 pm »

The 1/2 racial favoured class bonuses that made those races stupid are now 1/6. Also, the Scarred Witch Doctor archetype no longer scales off of Constitution, and are now Intelligence based like other Witches.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 623