Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849236 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Okay so Jake got wasted out of his head, while I was wasted as fuck too, and my character and I went on a magical adventure with the Ventrue to... heist a museum??
I didn't remember this at all until our gangrel's player reminded me, then it flooded back.

The fucking taxi driver (and the other guy riding shotgun) are...  I'm going to guess, fucking hunters.
fuck
...fuck

I mean at least this way Jake doesn't get his soul sucked by some shitty gangrel asshole elder.

But Jake took a quickdraw drugged+boozed shot at the passenger... barely grazed him, and MF didn't flinch... Jake dropped his gun and surrendered.
Ventrue (Amanda, currently Lilith persona) didn't even shoot.

fuuuuuuuck

I don't know if they're hunters but there's basically nobody they could be that would be good.
If Jake's lucky, they're going to request some service.
Otherwise, time to dive through a fricken car window with 1 strength
good fricken luck mon frere

If things go south, I guess I'll be playing as Jake's yandere scientist ghoul, with a strong hunger for VITAE and a fucking taser.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

The fucking taxi driver (and the other guy riding shotgun) are...  I'm going to guess, fucking hunters.
Hunters, as in "Hunter: The Vigil" kind of hunters?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Since they're doing World of Darkness and all those games are sort of interconnected, I'd assume so. I can't remember if it was Old or New world of darkness though.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Mm-hm!
And this is NWoD, but not Strix Chronicles.

I assume they're hunters.  I was blasted, Jake was blasted, Amanda's player had to leave even earlier than I passed out.

In our defense, this was a session about regaining willpower through vice.  And Jake's vice is gluttony.

But yeah these fucks are probably hunters, fuuuuuck.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Seriously, why don't people here GM WoD games? >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

Because no GM wants to keep up with all the scheming, rules, and fishmalks.
I eat up whatever WoD material I can find because I like the setting, but odds are I'm not touching a game any time soon for a few reasons.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Same with shadowrun. It seems not many people want to run it. I tried getting a group together, but we got nothing but players and a GM who didn't know what he was doing.

Its sad, really
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same with shadowrun. It seems not many people want to run it. I tried getting a group together, but we got nothing but players and a GM who didn't know what he was doing.

Its sad, really

Which is odd because Shadowrun is really simple at heart.

It just throws a LOT of backstory and stuff at you... But you can honestly toss the majority of it out and be perfectly fine as it doesn't affect much.

Shadowrun is best played in an episodic run by run gameplay with the characters being the main source of story rather than the runs themselves.

The key though is that for Shadowrun you should plan for your players to get most of the information, and possible gear, they should need for a Run. Blueprints, guards, guard routes, access codes, defenses, what have you should all be available somewhere. HECK even the police response time...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:20:25 am by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

It seems to me (based on comments here and elsewhere on the forum) that most Bay12ers want a solid mix of crunch and freeform, so both WoD (being extremely freeform) and Shadowrun (being very crunch) are a bit too extreme for most.  Likely similar to the reason no one plays RIFTS or other Palladium titles.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or heck why no one plays BattleTech

Or as it is better known as: The Greatest RPG I will never play.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ehh, a bit of Battletech's problem is that it can very quickly become an expensive hobby (right about the time that players decide they need the nice pewter 'mechs instead of cutouts.)  And making maps is serious overhead for people who just want to game on the weekends or something.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ehh, a bit of Battletech's problem is that it can very quickly become an expensive hobby (right about the time that players decide they need the nice pewter 'mechs instead of cutouts.)  And making maps is serious overhead for people who just want to game on the weekends or something.

Battletech isn't Warhammer unless you make it so through anal retentive douche baggery.

NO ONE I know of who uses mats and mech pieces bothers ensuring that they are the actual factual mechs.

Besides this is the RPG I am referring to.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only RPG set in the Inner Sphere I know of is MechWarrior, and I have never actually met anyone who played it, ever.  I blame D6 mechanics.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

They do every now and then. There's two kinds.

First, the play-by-post kind that runs for 1-5 updates and immediately collapses under its own prose.

Second, somewhat rarer actual ones, of which the only one I've personally witnessed is Fniff's rather splendid 19th century Ireland game.

Beyond that you could always start your own. I'd be into more WoD at the very least, and rules-light stuff tends to be relatively simple to GM.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I'd give WoD another shot if I didn't have to vomit hours of plot and meta-plot built into the game to new players before we even do character gen.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 623