Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845468 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #3540 on: March 30, 2017, 10:45:27 pm »

Pathfinder announced Ultimate Wilderness, a new Core book. Will feature a new class: the Shifter. People have been begging for a Wildshaping character other than the Druid for a long time, and it seems they'll finally get it.

Apparently they also revealed at least two other Core books some time ago, also supposed to come out this year. Seems like a lot of Core this year.

The only Core book I've been paying attention to is Bestiary 6.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:48:37 pm by BlackFlyme »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: March 30, 2017, 11:19:18 pm »

I'm just waiting for them to finally clarify what interaction traps have with Perception (1 check per 10 ft. square or 1 check per line of sight).

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:15 pm »

Fair compromise:

Is perception augmented unnaturally, (magical supersenses, etc.) or is it natural senses?

If natural senses, line of sight.
If augmented unnaturally/clairvoyant, square foot radius.

Pulled from my ass of course.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: March 30, 2017, 11:55:15 pm »

I'm just waiting for them to finally clarify what interaction traps have with Perception (1 check per 10 ft. square or 1 check per line of sight).

If I remember correctly traps above a certain threshold automatically defeat perception and can only be found with search rolls.

So basically there is NO interaction between traps and perception.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: March 30, 2017, 11:56:52 pm »

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of clairvoyance? EG, you can see it without your damned eyeballs-- it would need to be hidden magically to defeat, no?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: March 31, 2017, 12:02:03 am »

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of clairvoyance? EG, you can see it without your damned eyeballs-- it would need to be hidden magically to defeat, no?

Clairvoyance isn't exactly a spell used to spot traps... but there is no reason you cannot use search with Clairvoyance.

Clairvoyance specifically is a spell that lets you look at an area even if you are not there. It is "defeated" by anything that defeats normal perception.

As well you cannot use magical or supernatural senses through Clairvoyance. So if something was invisible it would be invisible even if you had true sight.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:05:44 am by Neonivek »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: March 31, 2017, 09:44:07 am »

The trouble is Pathfinder rolled Search and Spot and Listen skills into one big Perception skill ball, so you use the same skill to search for traps as you do to determine things you spot with the naked eye.

There's a huge table variation because of this, with some using 3.5e rules for a full round action per 5 ft. square, some using one check per 10 ft. cube, and some using one check and applying distance modifiers for the penalty up to line of sight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: March 31, 2017, 04:33:14 pm »

Speaking of Pathfinder releases, apparently PF Spelljammer came out a little while back.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: March 31, 2017, 05:38:01 pm »

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9vk5

Looks like Paizo finally answered the damned FAQ! They've officially come out to state that searching for traps using Perception searches a 10 ft. square at maximum.

I'll be sad if this turns out to be an April Fools joke.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: March 31, 2017, 11:43:22 pm »

The trouble is Pathfinder rolled Search and Spot and Listen skills into one big Perception skill ball, so you use the same skill to search for traps as you do to determine things you spot with the naked eye.

There's a huge table variation because of this, with some using 3.5e rules for a full round action per 5 ft. square, some using one check per 10 ft. cube, and some using one check and applying distance modifiers for the penalty up to line of sight.

Sorry the terminology REALLY confused me >_< mostly because there is also passive perception and active perception and searching.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: April 01, 2017, 06:37:48 pm »

Speaking of Pathfinder releases, apparently PF Spelljammer came out a little while back.

That Starfinder thing?
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »

That Starfinder thing?
They're calling it Starjammer, after the D&D version I guess. Basically fantasy shenanigans IN SPACE.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: April 01, 2017, 07:05:34 pm »

They're calling it Starjammer, after the D&D version I guess. Basically fantasy shenanigans IN SPACE.

That's the thing that the PFSRD people put out, isn't it? Paizo's own Starfinder comes out a bit later IIRC.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: April 01, 2017, 11:57:54 pm »

the Shifter.

HNNNNNNNG

Oh my god i can't wait until November. The shifter from 3.5 was my favorite prestige class and now it might be a base class!?

I'm too hype.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: April 02, 2017, 02:18:09 am »

I've been thinking of creating a sort of monster collection pen and paper RPG

But as I was thinking about it more and more I kind of realized how antagonistic that format is to actual roleplaying.

Dragon Ball RPG was an easier concept to get off the ground because at least I could externalize a lot of the things people have issues with and then simplify the rest.

Yet it just doesn't work that way with monster collection... even with my alternate idea that instead people create up to three monsters and stick with them.

I either have to think of a clever solution to this issue or think of something else.

I mean I GUESS I could... do... what The Last Remnant did... and instead monsters fight all at once as a group.

Goodness a Last Remnant game would be awesome with people being generals... and their skills and equipment in many ways are their extra party members.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 623