Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334419 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #270 on: June 27, 2015, 11:46:06 am »

The ruinous machine looks up at you, pushing itself up off the ground. The process of doing so breaks off a limb.

"Certainly. I am not bound to obey, but I have very little incentive not to do so."

Hold it. He responds to GM.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:22:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 27, 2015, 11:59:17 am »

The ruinous machine looks up at you, pushing itself up off the ground. The process of doing so breaks off a limb.

"Certainly. I am not bound to obey, but I have very little incentive not to do so."

Hold it. He responds to GM right now.

Not to mention whole host of other people in waitlist already.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2015, 02:03:51 pm »

Welp, I'mma just sit here then. Sorry, relevancy is manyfold.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 28, 2015, 12:34:44 am »

Why Kenny? I mean, sure, but why?
I believe he was that kid from South Park that died in nearly every episode and inexplicably reappeared perfectly fine in the next episode.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 28, 2015, 03:03:37 am »

Ah. Thank you kindly. Sorry, I never really enjoyed TV.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2015, 03:34:54 am »

Welp, I'mma just sit here then. Sorry, relevancy is manyfold.
I TALK TO MY FUTURE SLAVES, NOT YOU MORE FUTURER SLAVE :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2015, 04:07:38 am »

"I serve, Lord."
Muh FG--OOC Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2015, 10:08:56 am »

((Perhaps I will reposition myself to somewhere more travelled, perhaps the main plaza/road or something?))
((Can I relocate nearer? I imagine Slencville isn't very friendly to Hyenas, and I'd probably catch the first car I could out of town.))
Yes.  But we've only got room for 6 people in the car, and one of you is riding in the trunk.

"Can I have all of them?"

Grab like 5 syringes of varying size, a needle or two, and as many cigarette packs or cartons as I can carry.
You grab a variety of syringes, a pack of sewing needles and then fill a glass jar with as many cigarettes as it will hold. You walk back out to the car without saying anything to the shop keeper.

"We are Hellborn, born here, from the union of two like yourself, lifeborn. We have no other incarnation before, and many believe we will have no incarnation after this one. I am a 5th generation of hellborn, as are most others here; I suppose that is why we all appear similar. We are happy to see you, because you are a Real being, one descended from the lofty planes of life to dwell in this place for all time, immortal and free. Beings like you created our town, created us. But there seem to be so few like you here, we rarely see them, so their presence is something to be celebrated."
((Neat))

"If thats what you would like to do, I will do it." The man-looking being says, smiling. He seems almost not to understand what the concept of a shop is.

John stands still and thinks for a moment. He turns away and pretends to be seeking things in his pockets, although he knows precisely where each item of his modest belongings is on him. It is rather clear now that this.. man... keeper doesn't grasp the concept of trade, so it isn't quite necessary to waste any of his valuable possessions on trade he foolishly (as it turned out) proposed. Finally, he comes up with a plan.

He relocates his flask from inner pocket of his jacket to the back pocket of his jeans, as if it was the point of his searching hustle. He pulls off his jacket (with all pockets empty now) and places it on one of the hangers, with all the other clothes he had seen earlier.
He smiles at the keeper for a moment, simultaneously trying to get a good look on him (if possible within moment, heh) and then proceeds to filling the vessels he got with water.
When that is done, he asks which way to junk shop.

Finally, he thanks the keeper and leaves the shop, then puts the water-filled vessels in the back of the car.

He sees that gorilla fellow is still there.
- Eeeeeyyyy.... buddy? You're still here? Keep an eye on those then while I go get some more stuff, okay? This is going to be our water and fuel supply, but now it's just water.
You trade your jacket for in for the other goods and take a good look at the shop keeper. The Shop keeper looks a lot like the others in this town, same sort of goblin like appearance but with a short layer of curly, almost sheep like fuzz growing over most of his body, save for his face. Odd, to say the least, but you share a car with a gorilla and pacman so perhaps not as odd as it could be.

You walk into the back and fill the vessels with water one at a time, carrying each one back to the car after it is full. You consider trying to fill them all and then walk back, but that proves too cumbersome and heavy.

The shop keeper  points you down the street, on the right side, toward a building with the sign "Hannity's" hanging out front.

Okay, so I'm going to try this application, but I've got slightly less dumb ideas if this one gets nope'd.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can't reincarnate in close proximity. Thats kind of against the entire idea here since you're basically gaming the system and making your character immortal. The rest looks fine.

Also you don't spawn yet. We've got a big waitlist ahead of you.  So adjust that character so I can add you to it, and pray that lots of people get murdered.

That gorilla ain't looking good.

XAN, IRONY, YOU BETTER HURRY UP OR I'M REPLACING YOU WITH QUICKER PEOPLE; WAITING AROUND SEVERAL DAYS FOR YOU TO POST ISN'T FAIR TO THIS TURGID WAITLIST I GOT.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2015, 10:20:27 am »

Xankarvo blinks. His evil overlord instincts sense an opportunity.

"So would you theoretically obey orders from a lifeborn?"

((Xan already had a post, actually. Amperzand just thought that he meant his character.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2015, 10:22:22 am »

Get to the Hannity's, check out their stock without asking for anything.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2015, 11:07:56 am »

Xankarvo blinks. His evil overlord instincts sense an opportunity.

"So would you theoretically obey orders from a lifeborn?"

((Xan already had a post, actually. Amperzand just thought that he meant his character.))

His lack of bolding didn't help either.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2015, 12:30:01 pm »

Either myself or Irony: Accidentally hit self in nuts for comedic retribution against meta reasons

Whoops my bad
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:32:48 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2015, 12:37:48 pm »

Either myself or Irony: Accidentally hit self in nuts for comedic retribution against meta reasons

Whoops my bad

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »

((On a seriousrerer note, if I'm not posting for some reason and I'm posting in other places PM me about it - I don't wanna turn this into another TEN))
Sig! Onol

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2015, 02:12:48 pm »

{Well, since we're technically immortal anyway, and I assume permakiller armaments will appear at some point, I assumed this would allow for some amount of amusing-ness. The immortality is integral to this particular character, but as I said, if that's not okay, I'll make something else entirely up.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 241