Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335837 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2015, 02:22:30 pm »

((Amperzand, here's the deal. Piecewise won't approve any application which claims to have any control over spawning. That's his instrument he's not giving players to tinker with. So either cut that part from your application, or bring some other which has not such a thing.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2015, 02:29:12 pm »

{Alright, I choose, and had chosen from the beginning, the second option. "I'll be back!"}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2015, 05:56:48 pm »

Xankarvo blinks. His evil overlord instincts sense an opportunity.

"So would you theoretically obey orders from a lifeborn?"

The creature smiles a bit.

"We would be delighted to offer you any services we can, and to make your stay enjoyable, but within reason. We honor your birthright as Lifeborn, but our loyalty is to the edicts of our forefathers. We are their legacy, after all."

Either myself or Irony: Accidentally hit self in nuts for comedic retribution against meta reasons

Whoops my bad
[4]
Golgon, for some reason no one can fathom, punches himself pretty hard in the nads. He collapses to the ground, groaning and muttering.

Get to the Hannity's, check out their stock without asking for anything.
Hannity's is an older shop even then the general store, the only shop around here made of the same wood as the Forefather's graves. It has just one, relatively small display window, on which the name of the shop is painted:
"HANNITY'S EMPORIUM AND CURIOSITIES"

The inside of the shop is simultaneously cozy and a bit spooky; It's almost completely unlit, save for the light from the front window, and the wooden shelves and tables, all darkened with age, sit in hard shadows, with the only other light coming from a burning, green glass oil lantern on the proprietor's desk. The building is stacked and packed full of all manner of utterly random and odd things; small statues and busts, ivory tusks and scrimshaws, desiccated body parts, heaping stacks of silverware, keys, thimbles, knitting needles, wires, mirrors, compasses, bangles and metal dodads. Framed pictures coat the walls, while mechanical parts, lengths of cloth, anatomical models, lanterns, strings of beads, and dried bunches of herbs hang from the roof. There stacks of books in every corner,  glass display counters filled with knives, swords, axes, fire arms and even a few weapons you have no name for. The Proprietor's desk is hollowed out to form another display cabinet, this one stuffed with the more valuable things, such as jewlery, coins, and odd artifacts that give off a strange feeling of tingling power, even from a distance. It all smells overwhelmingly of dust and mildew. A phonograph, or something like it, is playing music in a back room, and it's coming through muffled and soft.

The proprietor looks up from his desk when you walk in. She, you believe it is a she by how she's dressed, but it could be anything really, stares at you in interest, but not with the same amazement and awe that the other shopkeeper did.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2015, 06:05:48 pm »

"Makes sense. Know how they created you, by chance? I know you said union of two life born, but does that mean sex or something more exotic? And what's this tree thing hanging over the town?"

Question!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:29:29 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2015, 02:26:18 am »

Makes sense. Know how they created you, by chance?

((I believe that was answered))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 30, 2015, 02:28:34 am »

Makes sense. Know how they created you, by chance?

((I believe that was answered))
((Oh right.
...editing))
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2015, 02:35:32 am »

((Now to my action, a.k.a John is about to hit the Jackpot))

John approaches weapon rack and looks at the firearms displayed, and looks with even greater interest at these unfamiliar types of weapons.

He proceeds to the counter and greets the keeper, then asks her about what is it she has in her desk besides jewellery and coins.
Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2015, 04:33:23 am »

((Noted! I'm back! I swear!))

"...I needed that," Golgon muttered, rising again. "If I might ask, what became of the Forefathers? We noticed their grave, and it looked quite foreboding.

On a somewhat different topic, we are travelers who have decided to seek out The First Heaven, or at least encounter interesting sights along the way. Do you have any advice that might be useful in that endeavor?

Oh, and finally: What can you tell me of the bone thieves? We encountered them. They were not friendly. We still have most of our bones. One of us could use a new arm."

Hopefully last words! I mean... you know what I meant!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2015, 11:50:41 am »

"Makes sense. Know how they created you, by chance? I know you said union of two life born, but does that mean sex or something more exotic? And what's this tree thing hanging over the town?"

Question!
"The forms of our Forefathers were many and varied, so such labels lack the depth to explain the act of our conception for all of them. But sex is close enough for most. And these trees were grown here by our forefathers, relics of seeds and spawn brought from their homeland. The Great Tree," He gestures out towards the giant tree, "was planted when they settled and has grown here ever since. It, like ourselves, is a monument to the work of our forefathers and carries on in their stead. Originally, however, they ate the fruit that it grows, and used the seeds to create the forest around us. For them it was a tool, for us, it is something more important. Through it, we are still connected to them."

((Now to my action, a.k.a John is about to hit the Jackpot))

John approaches weapon rack and looks at the firearms displayed, and looks with even greater interest at these unfamiliar types of weapons.

He proceeds to the counter and greets the keeper, then asks her about what is it she has in her desk besides jewellery and coins.

You run over to the case and press your face against the glass. The firearms are mostly small things, pistols and revolvers, crude hand cannons, spring loaded razor disk launchers, chitter sprayers with hives so old that they're rusting, and spark launchers with chrome coatings discolored by heat. The things you don't recognize are mostly weapons clearly designed for bodies not congruent with your own. Shimmerblade gauntlets designed to be slipped over long tendrils, a racemous acid gland and bile duct, designed for transplant into a head several times larger then yours, and a device which appears to be designed to tear chunks off of something and hurl them away at great speed. It resembles a sort of sharpened ice cream scoop on a rotating gear. Not the sort of thing you'd like to strap on.

You wander away from the display case and over to the desk, looking into it as you ask what the shopkeep has in there.

"Things sometimes find their way into town, or were left here from long ago." The shop keeper replies, "We don't know what most of them do, but most have some power behind them."

The things which pique your interest the most are a golden statue of some rather frightful looking mass of angry demon parts,  a black marbled orb studded with silverish hexagonal rods, and the dessicated eye of something quite large.

((Noted! I'm back! I swear!))

"...I needed that," Golgon muttered, rising again. "If I might ask, what became of the Forefathers? We noticed their grave, and it looked quite foreboding.

On a somewhat different topic, we are travelers who have decided to seek out The First Heaven, or at least encounter interesting sights along the way. Do you have any advice that might be useful in that endeavor?

Oh, and finally: What can you tell me of the bone thieves? We encountered them. They were not friendly. We still have most of our bones. One of us could use a new arm."

Hopefully last words! I mean... you know what I meant!

"They died, and incarnated elsewhere. The last was many generations ago. The grave was created by the last of them, as a monument to their actions and record of their deeds."

"I know nothing of a first heaven, and little of the world beyond our town, but most of our travelers come from the North, along the hellway. If you seek things off the beaten track, so to speak, then traveling east or west would be your best bet. "

"I do know of them, though very little. They inhabit this area and were a constant threat to our forefathers until they somehow found a way to hold them off. We haven't seen anything of them in generations so whatever it is they did, it must have worked. If your friend is injured, we may be able to help him."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »

Go put the stuff in the jeep, then go check out the general store.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 30, 2015, 04:09:11 pm »

((Nyartifacts detected))

Pick the most non-rusted firearm designed to fire cartridges, pistol or revolver, and ask if there are cartridges for it. Then check out that orb. Ask if I can touch it, hold it in my hands. If I don't suffer any notable immediate effects, ask if the keeper is willing to give all of the requested items to me. If she asks for some sort of pay, offer two of my golden coins.
Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2015, 10:13:13 pm »

"Excellent! Let me fetch him for you."

We still have no-bone-arm-guy, right? Drag him back here if so. Preferably not by his no-bone arm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2015, 01:46:49 am »

"While he's getting the gorilla thing, two questions.

How'd your founders die?

And where could I get firestarting materials - lighters, flamethrowers, stuff like that? I enjoy burning things."

Questionify!
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:04 am »

Go put the stuff in the jeep, then go check out the general store.

The general store was where you just were, my friend. Lay off them cigarettes, they're clearly laced with something nasty.

((Nyartifacts detected))

Pick the most non-rusted firearm designed to fire cartridges, pistol or revolver, and ask if there are cartridges for it. Then check out that orb. Ask if I can touch it, hold it in my hands. If I don't suffer any notable immediate effects, ask if the keeper is willing to give all of the requested items to me. If she asks for some sort of pay, offer two of my golden coins.
You head back to the case with the guns and find yourself a nice pistol. You grab a big, black, long barreled one thats been carefully engraved with all sorts of weird occult patterns and symbols, sigils carved into the handle, on the trigger, around the muzzle and even on the magazine. It's got a nice heft to it, and feels good in your hand, though the engraving is a bit scratchy on the palm. You bring the weapon back to the front desk and set it down in front of the clerk.

"You got any ammo for this thing?"

She picks it up, eyes it carefully and then ejects the magazine. She squints at the thing and purses her lips in thought before walking off into the back without a word. You hear things shifting and moving in the back, the clink of glass and soft thuds of cardboard boxes being put atop one another. She returns a few minutes later, holding the magazine in one hand and a tin box in the other. The box is fairly small, maybe 5 by 3 inches, and has an odd texture to it, it sort of looks like the whorls and ridges of a finger print but in relief rather then engraved. She puts the box in front of you and puts the magazine back in the gun before sliding it over, next to the box.

You ask about the stuff in the case.

"No touching unless you can prove you can pay for it if you break it." She says in a raspy monotone.

"Excellent! Let me fetch him for you."

We still have no-bone-arm-guy, right? Drag him back here if so. Preferably not by his no-bone arm.
You head back to the jeep and attempt to grab the gorilla. We'll give him a bit to accept or deny this, but if he stays quiet, we'll have you bring him in. I know he was rather...unwilling to trust the locals recently.

"While he's getting the gorilla thing, two questions.

How'd your founders die?

And where could I get firestarting materials - lighters, flamethrowers, stuff like that? I enjoy burning things."

Questionify!
"Age and illness for the most part, though illness varies amongst the forms they took. I believe one rusted and fell apart, and another separated into constituent parts and those parts ran off in different directions."

"Well, that depends. Flamethrowers, if I am correct in what those are, would not be found here at all. But matches could be found in the general store, a lighter might be found at hannity's, and you could find flammable things in a variety of places, though the diner would be your best bet if you're looking for something like alcohol or flammable gas."

(I'm gonna put you other two possible players in the diner, if thats ok with you)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2015, 01:27:18 pm »

John puts three golden coins on the counter without moving his sight from the sphere.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 241