Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335728 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1905 on: February 01, 2016, 10:35:22 pm »

((Before Yoink gets any ideas, and has me cannonball into that thing's half of a mouth or something:))

Hyenakles continues to watch. He also wipes the grease off his muzzle and straightens his cloak, trying to look dignified despite his lack of fur.
Spoiler: So regal (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1906 on: February 02, 2016, 01:14:32 am »

((Have the two giant monsters shake hands. Use friendship to solve the problem.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 02, 2016, 02:39:14 am »

((Noice))

Go sideways.  Is it tracking me or just looking in my direction.  Go the long way around if it's not tracking me.  Back up if it is.
"I saw some sort of flicker of blue light, over there by the shoulder.  Can someone distract it or something?

- Where do you think you're going? We're gonna get that thing you saw.

Attempt to spot the flickering blue light by the shoulder of a giant myself.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 02, 2016, 03:26:13 am »

Dream a little dream of high-powered explosive ordnance raining down from the sky.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 02, 2016, 10:52:09 am »

"Yeah, you go ahead and get eaten.  I'll stay back and watch."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1910 on: February 04, 2016, 11:04:27 am »

Listen carefully to the beast.
You listen carefully. Intently. With great concentration and effort.

Nope. No matter how hard you do it, it doesn't change the fact that the thing ain't talking.

"Hmm. What's a way to communicate with unresponsive beings?
Oh, there's that."

Get Wormy to make the warbeast sketch a picture of what we are. Can be crude if need be. Then point to the other beast.
"Sketch? Where? With what? They don't make paper or pens in this size."

>Dave: Approach at high speed and make friends! DINOSAUR SNUGGLE POWER ACTIVATE!

((OH DEAR))

"So... why is it looking at me?"

Go sideways.  Is it tracking me or just looking in my direction.  Go the long way around if it's not tracking me.  Back up if it is.

"I saw some sort of flicker of blue light, over there by the shoulder.  Can someone distract it or something?
You scuttle to the left. The eye stalks sway and the eyes follow you. You scuttle to the right. The eye stalks sway and the eyes follow you. You back up a bit and the eye stalks extend ever so slightly.

Yeah, it's looking at you alright.

((Before Yoink gets any ideas, and has me cannonball into that thing's half of a mouth or something:))

Hyenakles continues to watch. He also wipes the grease off his muzzle and straightens his cloak, trying to look dignified despite his lack of fur.
You wipe the viscera from your muzzle and then do your best to look regal. You end up looking more like canine Darth Sidious in a fur cloak but we take what we can get.

((Noice))

- Where do you think you're going? We're gonna get that thing you saw.

Attempt to spot the flickering blue light by the shoulder of a giant myself.
[1]
You look around but the glare of the sun off a pane of glass catches you right in the eye and you go reeling back like you just got flashbanged.

Dream a little dream of high-powered explosive ordnance raining down from the sky.
[3]
You dream of children throwing firecrackers from a third story window.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:45 am »

"That thing is definitely looking at me.  I'm getting wigged out here."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 04, 2016, 11:31:01 am »

- Oh, it's looking at you? Gee, that must feel BLOODY horrible, doesn't it? Damn sun beams getting right to my eyes, those bollock fondlers.

Is it possible to just straight up climb up to the alleged location of the flickering blue light? How high is that above the ground, the near-shoulder of a giant?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 04, 2016, 12:51:28 pm »

"In the dirt with a finger, you invertebrate fuck. Or does this place not have dirt and the warbeast not have fingers? I'm not being condescending, I never bothered checking."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 04, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

Dream-carry one of the children to a reasonable height, then drop them onto a rock so that their skulls crack and their brainmeats are mine to consume.

Damn it feels good to be a vulture.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1915 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:24 pm »

- Oh, it's looking at you? Gee, that must feel BLOODY horrible, doesn't it? Damn sun beams getting right to my eyes, those bollock fondlers.

Is it possible to just straight up climb up to the alleged location of the flickering blue light? How high is that above the ground, the near-shoulder of a giant?
The Alleged source of heavenly delights is buried in the rubble of another partially collapsed building that is sitting right next to the one the giant is partially embedded in. Judging from the slope of debris it looks like it fell at the same time as the giant, so maybe this glowing thing was something that the giant was carrying and dropped as it fell? In any case, you think you might be able to climb up the debris to get up to it, but it is right next to the giant, and at about his eye level.

"In the dirt with a finger, you invertebrate fuck. Or does this place not have dirt and the warbeast not have fingers? I'm not being condescending, I never bothered checking."

Remember, the ground is completely covered in foliage and wreckage from destroyed buildings. Also the warbeast's fingers are each twice as thick as your torso so it would take a pretty large amount of room to write even a single message.

This also assumes the thing can read. And knows your language.

Dream-carry one of the children to a reasonable height, then drop them onto a rock so that their skulls crack and their brainmeats are mine to consume.

Damn it feels good to be a vulture.

You murder a non-existent child. Or rather you think about it and then you're already eating his brain. Things are progressing in an odd, dreamlike manner, with cause and effect being strangely direct.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:16 pm »

"I care not for your petty concerns of sensibility, worm. Stop pointing out the obvious, it's actively detrimental here."

Xankarvo paces for a moment.

"Here, try this. Have the warbeast point at itself, or me, and say my name. Then point at the giant."

Communication v2!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 08, 2016, 04:02:55 pm »

Warbeast/Engine Spirit: Take that literally, point at Xan and say "My name".
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:43 pm »

- This must be what Bilbo felt in the presence of Smaug.

Crawl up the rubble to the eye level of a giant. Conquer fear and look him in the eye (if applicable). Then look for magickal macguffin.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:31:36 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 08, 2016, 05:18:53 pm »

Continue floating a safe distance away. Think about music.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 241