Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 86273 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2015, 09:43:01 pm »

If I'm not dwarfed yet - do it! And throw me into ongoing battle, if possible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome aboard... however long this may actually be. Your dwarf is surprisingly optimistic given the circonstances... You have exactly three minutes to lead a hastily thrown together dodging demonstration, teaching our 8 fisherdwarves how to not die, while your immediate superior is ignoring orders and danced outside in the goo. The situation is superb.

NOW PUT SOMETHING METALLIC IN MY HANDS AND SEND ME AGAINST THAT FUCKER
At the time of writting, I'm glad to announce that, If your name is on the unit list, you probably don't need to ask about being sent against the opponent, nor should you be too hopeful about getting a weapon...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:09:16 pm by Taupe »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2015, 11:43:05 pm »

Oh crap, we're gonna die aren't we?  ;D Is my cowardly miner still alive? If so some RP to come!  ;)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2015, 12:14:47 am »

Oh crap, we're gonna die aren't we?  ;D Is my cowardly miner still alive? If so some RP to come!  ;)
Xan is indeed alive, but for how long? He is so thirsty that he refuses to do any digging, which is the only thing that can save use from certain death.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2015, 01:32:18 am »

For glory and death! To meatgrinder we come...

From diary of Sarrak Fellchannel, acting military sergant

"Bloody good day this is! Finally, after all this slime-drinking, we'll fight something with fresh warm liquid in its veins! I heard somebody died in action, but this is of no concern - we have a bloody good furniture here... And, well, an ogre is not nearly enough for all thirsty dwarves. Casualities are to be expected."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:19:05 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2015, 01:09:04 pm »

Not surprised that the first Senshuken died; I am surprised that the second one went out like an absolute badass, killing two orges while naked (And possibly blind himself). The fact that New Senshuken isn't dead yet is amazing.

If at all possible, before you send anyone else into the meat grinder try to get Other Senshuken's weapon first. Did you know that Orge is good eating? And it has a lot of blood to drink (Which from the sounds of it, we fucking need!)
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2015, 02:47:19 pm »

So I started a new fort, and immediately discovered that the filthy sludge that rained constantly here made my dwarves bruised and blind.

Good training, eh?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2015, 05:23:17 pm »

There wont be more news from the fort until tuesday (maybe tomorrow night if im not burned out) since im sorta sick and workig every minute of the day im not sleeping. I have some stuff sceeencaped that still need drawings, so maybe rhatll be up tomorrow. tuwsday wednwsday thursday should see the unravelling of the story...

That is, unless something else as terrible hapens and complicate the story even more...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2015, 02:12:26 pm »

Summer update 3 -- The Romances of Satin

Arkarn cactuspage has fallen, but his companions won't give up the fight! They punch and pummel the monster until it gives in to pain and over-exhaustion. With Bankghost on the ground, they can unleash the power of their kung-fu abilities! Cue 20 pages of muscle bruising...

Obviously, the ''punch the monster inneficiently'' technique isn't working. Flame says we need weapons. Real weapon, he adds. I say, yeah ok go make some. He says he has enough iron to make 4 weapons. Someone mentions we have enough obsidian to blow a few obsidian shortswords. yeah, ok, I say. go make that.

To reinforce the army and use the incoming weapons, I've told Erush cactuspage to replace his cousin. Sadly, he isnt very smart, so he goes outside in the goo to train alone instead of joining the fight. Ok. Curiously he isn't rendered blind yet, because the rain has stopped for a moment, but that's still the worst idea possible. Some fella named Sarrak says he's just a fisherdwarf, but he's once escaped a carp, so maybe he could help? I transfer erush to a new squad, hoping he'll come back inside, and tell Sarrak he's the second in command now. He goes and grabs our 8 other fisherdwarves and shearers, and tries to form a ragtag militia. He tells the recruits that fighting increases their chance of getting first dibs on the incoming barrel of booze.

As it turns out, summer brings in the first plump helmet, and it was soon converted into a barrel of beer. it's not much, seven units, but some of us may live. since farmers are bad, most of the stuff is lost outside in the go, and spring cant be used for plump helmets, our agriculture is kind of bad. this may be the only bvarrel in a while. People start brawls to claim a sip...

I grab the artefact mug, and fill it with beer. Then we grab a few balls of rubble lying around, right numbers on them, and organize a lottery. If you are one of the lucky seven to have their numbers drawn, you get to take a shot of beer. everyone else, erhm, probably will die of thirst soon.

The miners are too tired and thirsty to dig much, and so, creating a new staircase from scratch wont be possible. either we reclaim the current staircase, or everyone dies. Even then, if we don,t find the third cavern in time, or if it doesn't contain any water, we'll also die. Any migrant wave will also condemn the whole fort. The situation is dire. Bankghost must Die.

the beast is kocked out, and bruised, but suffers no real injuries for now, save for a cut ear. Worse still, it seems the injuries it has are healing faster than the dwarves can hurt it. Soon, tho, we'll have weapons, and as long as they keep Bankghost on the ground, we should...

Oh shit. Bankghost just woke up. Seal the staircase just in case!

The dwarves are tired. the ogre is rested. the tide has turned. Within a few moments, he has punched the head of Iamblichos in, killing her instantly. Her husband stare in horror... But is soon his turn...

TheCheeseMaker and New Senshuken are both killed, the later getting decapitated by a powerful bite after being grappled.

It is over. The beast is triumphant, and the soldiers are slain. Blind, enraged, empowered, Bankghost stumbles in the corridor where his foes lay dead, before heading upstairs, hungry for more carnage. he claims the title of Bankghost, the Romances of Satin. Because... reasons?

The dwarves are not yet defeated. Upstairs, the survivors put their plan in motion. they are tired, thirsty and desperate, and one should never underestimate the might and recklessness of sober dwarves. the staircase is momentarily blocked with heavy wood logs, cutting the upper fort from the cavern access, leaving some people stranded in their bedrooms, while the cathacombs are completely abandonned, being below the barricade.

flame takes to the forge. he may be only 16, and has no experience with weaponsmithing, but he has been an apprentice blacksmith, and understands metallurgy. Deus Asmoth being blinded, he is the fort's only shot at creating new weapons, out of a few bars of steel. His beardless face sweats under the blacksmith,s mask, and his long, magnificent hair glows under the heat and light of the forge. Flame begins work on his first battle axe...

The fisherdwarves of ImmortalityTower have forsaken their old craft, ready to take the yet-unforged arms, and clear their home of the Romances of satin. Erush is a moron by all acount, but his pretigious family name earns him the rank of captain. still, the dwarves prefer to obey their own, and they choose a fisherdwarf as their real leader, who claims the name of Sarrak.

''Everything's alright'' Sarrak tells them, to reassure the troops. He knows that panic will be their undoing.

Sarrak doesn't actually know anything about fighting, but they'll learn. He knows how to dodge a carp, tho, so he starts instructing the troops, and leads a dodging demonstration. The other dwarves try to pick up. They call themselves the Buff Picks for this reasons, under the cheerful instructions of Sarrak. ''Don't worry, I faced a carp once, they are worse than any ogre, ahahah!''

They do all these things on their own. I have no real say on the matter. In fact, one could say everyone is doing so great because i am not in charge right now...

Why? Well....

So I was watching the fight. Or at least, trying to, and listening. When Iamblichos fell, i miscounted the number of soldiers we had, and decided, since the ogre is busy, I'll go and grab the corpse, and bury her, right?

But Iamblichos was actually the last dwarf to die, so now I'm in the catacombs, sealed from the fort, and the ogre is coming for me. Oups.

I decide to use the unhauled boulders at the far end of the catacombs to wall myself in there before Bankghost gets to me, so I repeat to myself ''dont do anything but construction, dont do anything but construction.''

I still hang on to Iamblichos' corpse, tho, because it could come in handy maybe? It turns out, I'm very very dumb and blind, so it is hard to actually locate the far end of the catacombs while hauling a corpse. Not gonna dump it tho. nonononon. That's my corpse. The ogre can have my corpse over my dead corpse.

So I think, soldiers have to obey orders, right? So I conscript myself to the army, and order myself to go at the far end of the catacombs. that ought to work! Also, with everyone dead and Erush Cactuspage moved to a new squad, that makes me the militia commander of the fort. I'm over' and commander, boy my non-existant parents would be so proud!

Ordering myself to go somewhere doesnt work. I'm still blind.

So instead, I... not too sure how to convey what happens next without making zero sense, but...

I then decide to venture downstairs (Still carrying the corpse yo) and run past the ogre. I'm now in the corridor filled with corpses, but that's ok because i can't see them, ah! No stress. I must look so courageous right now. ''A skilled warrior is a beautiful sight to behold'', I tell myself, unaware of the irony there. Meanwhile, Bankghost the Romances of satin stumbles upstairs, and he manages to get lost and venture to the far end of the catacombs, unsure of where i went. i know this thanks to my all se... my powers as Over'. Somehow I'm still alive. and that's when I start thinking...

Man, I bet if I could get the dead soldier's weapons from the caverns, I could kill this bitch. You also get a sword, corpse of Iamblichos. With a sword each, we'll be unstoppable!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:18:21 pm by Taupe »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »

"Dodge it, slash at it - and then dodge it again. Nothing hard, really!"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2015, 04:34:06 pm »

This fort is turning out to be awesome and it isn't even that old yet. I hope to live long enough to have a flashing grey name, if you know what I mean.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2015, 05:42:25 pm »

Beardless!? I've never been so insulted in all my life! Though there is a strong possibility I don't have a beard. I haven't checked. But it's still not polite to point it out.

Side question: do dwarves ever actually change their hairstyle? Or do they just stick with whatever beard trimmings they were born with?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2015, 07:11:46 pm »

Beardless!? I've never been so insulted in all my life! Though there is a strong possibility I don't have a beard. I haven't checked. But it's still not polite to point it out.

Side question: do dwarves ever actually change their hairstyle? Or do they just stick with whatever beard trimmings they were born with?
Flame is beardless, as seen in the picture. yProbably on account ogmf being a teenager. You are super fine. It says yhat since you are blinded, Flame is the fort's only hope, so he takes to the forge.

Anyone wanna die horribly again? Otherwise ill postpone the redwarfings for after this is over...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:15:54 pm by Taupe »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »

I can't describe how great this is. Even if the fort dies, the story will be epic.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2015, 08:38:26 pm »

Interesting fact. Digging through the three cavern layers from the surface would solve any future FB problem in the future, in some HILARIOUS way. Its also a thing i'm doing as soon as i get migrants. They shall bring everything close to the entrance, away from the rain, and build a roof for the courtyard. Any miner shall dig straight to the bottom cave. Only after they provide items and masonry and possibly water shall the migrants be judged useful enough to partake in the lottery and get a bed. The coolest one shall become my new avatar, because frankly there's no fucking way I'm making it out alive.

Yes that's evil but we can't just let anyone in right now. Plus, when the new waves get to dodge a yet-undusted forgotten beast or two, plus the rain and the infernal cloud, we won't even have to explain to newcomers why this place sucks.

-So you've seen all the...
-Yup.
-K cool heres a bed.

Edit: OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:32:06 pm by Taupe »

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2015, 03:51:45 am »

Interesting fact. Digging through the three cavern layers from the surface would solve any future FB problem in the future, in some HILARIOUS way. Its also a thing i'm doing as soon as i get migrants. They shall bring everything close to the entrance, away from the rain, and build a roof for the courtyard. Any miner shall dig straight to the bottom cave. Only after they provide items and masonry and possibly water shall the migrants be judged useful enough to partake in the lottery and get a bed. The coolest one shall become my new avatar, because frankly there's no fucking way I'm making it out alive.

Yes that's evil but we can't just let anyone in right now. Plus, when the new waves get to dodge a yet-undusted forgotten beast or two, plus the rain and the infernal cloud, we won't even have to explain to newcomers why this place sucks.

-So you've seen all the...
-Yup.
-K cool heres a bed.

Edit: OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD

Immortalitytowers- If you can get in without dying, being maimed, blinded or going insane because of all the things you have witnessed you'll be treated like a damn king. Better in fact, considering the state of our current royal family and capital.

Keep making and throwing Senshuken's at this damn Orge until it finally dies. The victor shall be the -real- Senshuken!
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35