Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 383637 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- We ♥ Puppies!
« Reply #525 on: August 24, 2015, 05:09:27 pm »

I find your lack of updates... disturbing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #526 on: August 24, 2015, 05:11:01 pm »

its fine! its not that oim in the middle of a banshhe siege that is 50 strong and has evoided my traps!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 24, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »

Additionally if hair doesn't fall out altogether, it generally turns white over time no matter what from what i can tell with older creatures and DF (at least with dwarves and humans - vampire, necromancer, doesn't matter.) So it actually would make more sense for her hair to be white if she's especially old, unless she dyes it.

Ugh. Okay, fine, if only to go with how things work in-game. I personally find villainous characters having white hair to be a bit cliche, though, but since that's how necros age in-game then sure.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:31 pm »

Dwarf fortress necromancers are the most polite people you could ever hope to meet.

I mean, sure they go to war with you, besiege your home, leave minions behind to harass you, and defile your bravest warriors (and heavens help you if they get into a corpse stockpile), but they will gladly converse with you, and bid you zero ill will.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:06 pm »

Plus they write books.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:32 pm »

its fine! its not that oim in the middle of a banshhe siege that is 50 strong and has evoided my traps!

Please just give us some kind of in-character writeup sometime tomorrow, preferably covering at least 2-3 months of gameplay. You promised we'd have one 3 days ago. I don't want to have to drop the hammer this late in, because I do believe that you are at least nearing the end of your playthrough, but I will skip you if I have to.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #532 on: August 25, 2015, 08:03:57 am »

do you want the save in the middle of a siege or after it?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 25, 2015, 09:53:42 am »

Save on the 1st
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:45 am »

What happened during your year?  Did you use the arena?  My own testing shows that squiggly liitle buggers that cant sit still get mauled while waiting for an opponent to fight
PKs DF Mod!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2015, 10:32:06 am »

Well, not that I knew her apperance. I was thinking of something along the lines of "gray-haired, but uncannily young nevertheless". Some edits were made, tho.

Also, the armor was intended to look like a "grown wooden" one with some paintjob, but I have no idea on how it should look.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The background says "Anil Etar Ezum" ("Glory *to* King Ezum) many times.

Edit: I also fucked up, cuz his name was Erib.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:40:09 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 25, 2015, 03:36:45 pm »

@Lisard:

TBH now that I've gotten over the salt from Gwolfski saying he liked your design better, I am now legit torn between her having black hair vs. white hair. Black hair's what I was originally thinking of, but it makes more sense for her glasses to be smoked since that'd more-effectively cover her face and white hair contrasts better with dark glasses (while also making her look a bit like Lady Gaga, which I find hilarious) from a pure design perspective, I think.

In any case, SOTRY TIEM:

Spoiler: Diplomacy, Erib-style (click to show/hide)

Not super confident in the prose here, but I need to get this out since it's been festering on my computer for a while now.

I've been doing a bunch of character sketches; hopefully I'll be able to share them at some point (I incorporated some of the stuff in Monitor's drawing into my sketch of the Archivist, if that's okay).

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 25, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »

@Mr Frog

It's totally okay. Great story, looking forward to more.

Also thinking of adding my two cents, something like Blackwood's backstory or a story of him getting inside Mirrorclasped for the first time. The first option sounds kinda spoilerish, although it will mention in-game historical figures (gotta look through the latest save) and be more interesting overall, the second option being purely fictional and less epic.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:19:25 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 25, 2015, 04:27:50 pm »

@Mr Frog

It's totally okay. Great story, btw, waiting for more.

Also thinking of adding my two cents, something like Blackwood's backstory or a story of him getting inside Mirrorclasped for the first time. The first option sounds kinda spoilerish, although it will mention in-game historical figures (gotta look through the latest save) and be more interesting overall, the second option being purely fictional and less epic.

I've ridden on the whole epic-story-fort rodeo before, so I'll just point out, with absolute authority, that if you don't get Blackwood's backstory out shortly someone will eventually write something that contradicts what you have in mind and it'll be super-annoying. Keeping your plans under wraps is super dicey in things like this.

Great story, btw, waiting for more.

Not even sure where to go from here, tbh.

Also @Gwolfski: Please tell me you'll at least give us a summary with the save. I really don't want the next overseer to have to go in more-or-less blind (although I suppose it would be funny).

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #539 on: August 25, 2015, 04:31:44 pm »

i still have 89 minutes, ok?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 140