Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1683851 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2145 on: May 14, 2016, 09:12:04 pm »

i wish you could still build in sectors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: May 14, 2016, 09:46:30 pm »

i wish you could still build in sectors.

It's fucking silly that you can't. And that you can't resettle to sectors.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: May 14, 2016, 10:45:35 pm »

-The UI. Small quality of life improvements are needed here and there. Why do I need to exit the galaxy view to dock fleets?
Click fleet - Look at top of fleet composition window - See four buttons - Click the right-facing "Go To" arrow button - Click planet under your control in the list of planets on the right of the screen that you wish to dock at - Profit.

Cannot do it with Sector planets because reasons, but this is how I do it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:58:59 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: May 14, 2016, 10:52:54 pm »

I've just started keeping 4 planets in my "capital" region with the others (I'm an Enlightened Monarchy) the most recently colonized planets. I hold onto them until they gets 5 pops, upgrade to Planetary Administration since the sector AI doesn't get or use Influence, build robots and mines on all the mineral tiles, then hand it over. If times are good I'll just take the hit on having too many, since I can hand them over to a sector at a moment's notice at no cost. Once the planets get to a certain level of development, the AI can't really fuck it up or even do things inefficiently.

Anyway, a question. Is it possible to give a sector independence without containing an alien homeworld? I set out in an empty galaxy with deliberately chaotic traits, ethics, and government with the intention of creating an HRE in space but I don't seem to be able to release sectors. I hear they can demand independence if their ethics are different enough, but there's some really weird stuff cropping up in the far reaches of the Empire and they're still perfectly content to be ruled by me even when their ethics are directly contrary to the central government's political philosophy. Do I need to Stalin them until they're pissed off enough for a revolt or something?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: May 14, 2016, 11:00:58 pm »

It seems faction support is almost directly related to unhappiness. Disparate ethos turning into faction support goes by way of happiness, so even if they have a happiness malus because of ethos disparity, if they have other things that keep them happy, they won't care to join a faction and won't seek their sector or planets independence.

Basically: Yes, Space Stalin. Make them unhappy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: May 15, 2016, 12:18:53 am »

It seems faction support is almost directly related to unhappiness.
Looking through defines it appears that pops won't join factions (and presumably will return to being loyalists if they are already in one) if they have >35% happiness.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 15, 2016, 12:31:01 am »

Constant whack-a-mole with my population due to ethos changing.
If everyone who isn't a Fanatic Spiritualist Collectivist is getting purged around you, what's possessing you to don a space fedora and get put on the chopping block?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: May 15, 2016, 12:40:28 am »

That's generally people's reaction to those circumstances in real life dude.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 15, 2016, 12:51:25 am »

It seems faction support is almost directly related to unhappiness. Disparate ethos turning into faction support goes by way of happiness, so even if they have a happiness malus because of ethos disparity, if they have other things that keep them happy, they won't care to join a faction and won't seek their sector or planets independence.

Basically: Yes, Space Stalin. Make them unhappy.

Maybe just settle a lot of sub-prime planets, like Tundra if you're a Continental nation?  So you can release Space Siberia, Yay!

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 15, 2016, 04:18:40 am »

Wait, the UI is part of the AI?
Sorry, I worded it badly. Four main Issues with the game, and the AI is one of them.
Click fleet - Look at top of fleet composition window - See four buttons - Click the right-facing "Go To" arrow button - Click planet under your control in the list of planets on the right of the screen that you wish to dock at - Profit.

Cannot do it with Sector planets because reasons, but this is how I do it.
Thanks, I'll look into that. Too bad it doesn't work with sector planets.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: May 15, 2016, 05:57:00 am »

Looks like I won't be buying this for at least a few years, then.  Pity that paradox can't seem to put out a finished game at release- they can't keep this 'dlc train' business plan going forever (people will get fed up eventually), and I'd hate to see them go bust or move away from GS unless there was a suitable replacement company ready.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 15, 2016, 06:04:29 am »

Looks like I won't be buying this for at least a few years, then.  Pity that paradox can't seem to put out a finished game at release- they can't keep this 'dlc train' business plan going forever (people will get fed up eventually), and I'd hate to see them go bust or move away from GS unless there was a suitable replacement company ready.

This game model is sadly becoming more and more popular, it feels more like majority of big gamedevs will push for this way.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: May 15, 2016, 06:12:01 am »

How do I/can I change my overall empire's ethos during play?  As my pops' ethics gradually diverge from my original ones, I kind of like the idea of the empire itself changing to match.  Yes, fine, we started off as peaceful xenophiles, but as time has gone on and we've met more and more of the horrifying inhuman bastards the shine has worn off, and now we're rampantly xenophobic and militaristic.  Can I get that to happen without it being part of a wholesale rebellion (which I guess I then won't control anyway)?
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2158 on: May 15, 2016, 06:18:24 am »

they can't keep this 'dlc train' business plan going forever (people will get fed up eventually)
Eh. The DLC train has worked so far with their other big games. Stellaris is more underwhelming than other launches but people won't get fed up with it as long as there's plenty of stuff in the free patches and the DLC is of good quality more often than not.
I think people are happy with Paradox's model because of the sheer amount of time you can sink into the games. I've spent 30 hours in Stellaris so far, but if I'd spent that $50 on movie tickets instead I'd be looking at maybe 10-12 hours of entertainment, tops.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: May 15, 2016, 06:27:54 am »

How do I/can I change my overall empire's ethos during play?  As my pops' ethics gradually diverge from my original ones, I kind of like the idea of the empire itself changing to match.  Yes, fine, we started off as peaceful xenophiles, but as time has gone on and we've met more and more of the horrifying inhuman bastards the shine has worn off, and now we're rampantly xenophobic and militaristic.  Can I get that to happen without it being part of a wholesale rebellion (which I guess I then won't control anyway)?

Similarly, I really like to have slaves but for some reason I can't and game won't tell if it's government or ethos. Can one change government btw?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 632