Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1683780 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5190 on: August 07, 2017, 03:44:58 pm »

Apparently FE's have grown stronger since I last played. One just steamrolled me with a 90+k fleet.

I have hypershields and Zero-point energy, and Gauss Cannons, and my battleships are still only 1.7k each. I just can't seem to get enough minerals... >_>

Slay da dragon.

Make a ton of food buildings early and steal a ton of yearly minerals off your neighbour for yearly food for thirty years.

Slay da automated dreadnought and scrap it.

Make two dorks into a tributary.

Cry as you still don't have enough minerals.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5191 on: August 07, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the span of a few months the Machine Consciousness put an end to the war in heaven, occupying the entire galactic core and reaching the northern shore. A few determined enclaves of of the materialist Empires resisted the uprising to little success, what few Fortress worlds remaining existing momentarily but by the grace of Fallen Empires and foreign reinforcements. Nonetheless, though their planets were gone and most of their armies defeated, from these surviving Fortress worlds their fleets still remained to deliver great havoc upon the Machine - and so they did.
In Larb-Ti-Darm the population was comprised mostly of synthetics, and more synthetics. What few citizens remained were themselves, augmented cyborgs. Naturally this planet erupted into abominable levels of machined destruction and its security forces would have fallen soon were it not for a rather notable garrison from the western stars. When you sign a pact with the reckoning of the shroud, all your fleets in the void are destroyed and all your armed forces on your planets are destroyed. Armed forces stationed on other people's planets however, survive the fall of your species. Thus I began stationing all my most valuable army units in my allies and overlords' planets. Larb-ti-Darm was notable for stationing my most concentrated prized units: Two avatars of the shrouds, walking incarnations of psychic power, and three titanic legions comprised of enlisted megabeasts.
After a year of fighting all of the planet's security forces had perished, although they perished the planet's synthetic cyborgs were capable of exterminating the rogue synth and droid population. That still left the uprising to deal with, in what I imagined to be some epic World War fought between psychic demigods, titans and innumerable swarms of machine lifeforms. Considering this planet was one of a last few of what was once a mighty empire, and how that mighty empire still retained a fleet with a strength of 134,000, I decided to reinforce my titanic legions instead of simply withdrawing them from the planet.
And so it was that one planet was saved. Emphasis sadly on one
The machines through strength of numbers, technology and superior warp drives began overrunning all of my defences.
My fleet was rated at 260k power and that was after it had suffered a tremendous beating fighting off the league of nonaligned powers AND a reawakened Empire. It made a good showing of itself wiping out a fleet and a half of the Machine Consciousness's navy before perishing, but it was when the Machine started calling reinforcements from its galactic core that I realized just how futile my victories had been. Still, what with the whole shroud-marked thing and all, the victories are at least mutually useless

*EDIT
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:17:22 pm by Loud Whispers »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: August 11, 2017, 06:52:24 am »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: August 11, 2017, 07:15:24 am »

Squid... Regime? Beautiful.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: August 11, 2017, 12:21:15 pm »

Dev Diary #81: Machine Uprisings

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:24:48 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5195 on: August 11, 2017, 01:40:40 pm »

My favorite part is that you get the choice to play as the machines or the original organics.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: August 11, 2017, 01:42:30 pm »

I hope they bring that mechanic into more conventional uprisings and rebellions.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: August 11, 2017, 03:07:21 pm »

Huh. Guess humans in this galaxy are either heavily into genetic engineering, or have been utterly replaced by these things.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5198 on: August 11, 2017, 03:13:09 pm »

beep boop kitchen bot empire will usurp

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: August 11, 2017, 04:39:47 pm »

This game keeps putting out features that scream for a Mass Effect mod.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: August 11, 2017, 04:48:47 pm »

Huh. Guess humans in this galaxy are either heavily into genetic engineering, or have been utterly replaced by these things.
Tens of thousands of years of evolution and genetic engineering. They probably never even noticed they were changing. :P

I feel a little disappointed that you can't have a machine uprising with full citizenship status. That seems to assume that the machines are being reasonable. I'd rather that citizenship just made it so that some portion of your robots stay on your side.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:05 pm »

This game keeps putting out features that scream for a Mass Effect mod.
Maybe they're courting one.  The Game of Thrones mod was good for business after all.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: August 11, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

Tens of thousands of years of evolution and genetic engineering. They probably never even noticed they were changing. :P

I feel a little disappointed that you can't have a machine uprising with full citizenship status. That seems to assume that the machines are being reasonable. I'd rather that citizenship just made it so that some portion of your robots stay on your side.
Same, but I'd make sure it's "most". To such a degree that it would be a poor time for anyone else to attack you, but if outside forces don't intervene the robots aren't likely to win.

Better than that though I'd like to be able to support inssurrections and otherwise do espionage in foreign empires. It'd be pretty neat to force your authoritarian neighbors to become GLORIOUS DEMOCRACIES like yourself.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:21 pm »

There are no more androsynth humans now.  Only squid.
Though I guess the unbidden aren't squids in this setting...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: August 12, 2017, 01:34:22 pm »

Nah, those three are the crises for THIS era. In the time before time when Sol was just starting, maybe there *were* squiddles from the between places, writhing their love in and amongst the darkness of the stars.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 632