Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1686986 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #645 on: December 16, 2015, 02:14:54 pm »

Would be interesting if population units could become loyal to characters too
Do you want Space Hitler?
Because this is how you get Space Hitler.

It's basically any personality cult. Not a bad thing to crop up organically, but it seems rather specific.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:16:26 pm by Greenbane »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #646 on: December 16, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

It's basically any personality cult. Not a bad thing to crop up organically, but it seems rather specific.
Space Joseph Stalin. Space Mao Zedong. Space Kim Il-sung.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 16, 2015, 02:26:57 pm »

It wouldn't need to be the same sort of scale of character depth as CK2, just be more than 4 types with some basic stats. However, what I'm really hoping for is that, as we're probably working on a much bigger scale than CK/EU - it may be that a lot of that sort of thing is shunted into political/cultural parties rather than characters.

I can definitely see that working, with various factions pulling you this way and that, rather than characters who, admittedly, wouldn't have much of an influence on transgalactic policy.

If government just ends up being some basic modifers to pop happiness (etc.) I will be severely, severely disappointed though.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 16, 2015, 02:41:34 pm »

Just read the last diary about primitive civilizations, that was really nice. Uplifting and integrating them to your empire in particular sounds great and flavorful. I hope we can have uplifted medieval civilization to form your shock troops for invasion. Doubtful since it seem they become protectorate and semi-autonomous, but we'll see.
I haven't been following the diaries, but I hope this is the case.  I've done it to some extent in Space Empires IV and Master of Orion 2...  Except ironically the main thing you *can't* do is use them as troopers.  In the first you basically use them to colonize planets with atmospheres you can't breathe, and in the latter they're only ever good as workers/scientists/farmers due to racial bonuses.

I really hope it's possible to form a Star Trek Federation style group, where multiculturalism provides benefits.
Along with the antithesis, of course, a xenocidal empire.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #649 on: December 16, 2015, 02:55:44 pm »

That's one of the things I loved about Distant Worlds. Bringing new races into your empire gave you their traits! And if they're good ground troops, you can use them as such.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 16, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »

That's one of the things I loved about Distant Worlds. Bringing new races into your empire gave you their traits! And if they're good ground troops, you can use them as such.
DW did multiracial empire more-or-less right... and even as races became more populous in your empire they began to rise to higher levels of government.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 16, 2015, 04:01:05 pm »

Space Joseph Stalin. Space Mao Zedong. Space Kim Il-sung.

Or you could have good guy space Martin Luther King Jr! Tolerance for the xenos.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #652 on: December 16, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »

DW did multiracial empire more-or-less right... and even as races became more populous in your empire they began to rise to higher levels of government.
Or you could set certain race families to be enslaved, and set up penal colonies. Or resettle anyone not of your race off of your homeworld to keep that world 'pure' while letting them live anywhere else in your empire.

I would often take over prewarp races and then resettle them throughout my empire so they spread out and grow faster, giving me them tasty bonuses.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 16, 2015, 04:30:16 pm »

I would often take over prewarp races and then resettle them throughout my empire so they spread out and grow faster, giving me them tasty bonuses.

Depending on your race, moral bonus for being tasty would be nice too.

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 16, 2015, 04:36:19 pm »

They already did mention the advantages of having different races for colonization, I believe. Not sure how else this works out but they seem to aim you being able to fully integrate other species into your empire. Which is fine with me, since that's what I basically plan on doing.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 16, 2015, 04:59:05 pm »

So basically Space British Empire?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 16, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »

Which (un)fortunately ends up giving rise to Space Australia.

Hurrah! Space Dingos and Space Babies and whatnot! We win!
It's a game. Have fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #657 on: December 16, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »

I did play a military dictatorship once in DW, where my industry was mostly centered around penal colonies full of alien slaves. It works. Its very very difficult, because taking slaved pissed off EVERYONE.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 16, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »

So basically Space British Empire?

It can go either way, I've done space UK, space USA, space HRE, space Hitler, etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #659 on: December 16, 2015, 05:52:11 pm »

Space Poland?
Oh wait, right, Poland can't into space.
EDIT: Also, yeah, they totally have to make some reference to that, maybe in shape of an achivement. If they don't, they lose everything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 632