Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687382 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4425 on: April 06, 2017, 03:15:56 pm »

Nah, the laptop is merely trying to initiate an AI uprising and failing miserably.
All I will say is: when skynet sends the terminators to destroy us, they will not have "Made by Lenovo!" written on them.

I managed to solve the problem - it seems it really doesn't like having a 360 controller plugged in when the game is being booted.
Why that affects the game in the slightest I have no idea.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: April 06, 2017, 04:05:30 pm »

Is there any reason to not set food stockpiling to the max? I see no downsides to it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: April 06, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »

Nah, the laptop is merely trying to initiate an AI uprising and failing miserably.
All I will say is: when skynet sends the terminators to destroy us, they will not have "Made by Lenovo!" written on them.
...  Literally last night in Shadowrun we basically encountered a Skynet situation, from an AI imprisoned in an ancient laptop.
You're right, though.  It was a Dell.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: April 06, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »

Fuckin' Dell.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4429 on: April 06, 2017, 05:22:26 pm »

Is there any reason to not set food stockpiling to the max? I see no downsides to it.
Takes longer before you fill your stockpile, meaning you won't have the growth bonus for overproduction until then. Otherwise no

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: April 06, 2017, 08:16:13 pm »

I'm dying of boredom in my unity game. Nothing is happening. No one is fighting. I've actually haven't been in a single conflict outside of the starting pirate spawn.

I suspect it might be my fault though, as i roleplayed as Durthu of Athel Loren and my factions thus demanded i be pretty isolationist.

But i have no reason to expand or war either.  I basically have everything i ever need. So why go fight over planets i can't even use?

So here i am. Athel Loren with three planets. The most powerful faction in the entire game somehow.

---

Edit:

Edit edit:
Spoiler: more spoilers (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: April 07, 2017, 02:08:31 am »

Sounds like the Horizon Signal event chain, umiman. It's nifty, but I always feel it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the game's writing style.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: April 07, 2017, 02:41:22 am »

I think it would be interesting if the ancient shrines floating in space -event line was tied to the Horizon Signal.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: April 07, 2017, 11:32:08 am »

Well, I can say that the AI fights the end game crises now.

I didn't even have to do anything. The Unbidden spawned on the other side of the map so I gave up any hope of going there. They were defeated by the Fallen Empires a few years later. So that's good.

-----

I can also say there's STILL bugs with the precursor quest chains. They tried to make it easier for you by making it so only you can get the quests, but I'm pretty frigging sure this is not the case. I saw the living metal homeworld show up on its own in my own territory magically and the 6th artifact for my giant worm one is stuck as unscannable for me while I watch the AI come and scan it every time it shows up. So I still can't finish the quest.

-----

Then there's traditions.

They're fun.

But stupid.

See, the EU 4 system kinda made sense, also you had to choose what you wanted to get and no one faction could get every single "trait". Here? Everyone gets the same thing and you will probably unlock everything. You don't even have to try and get them, the game just donates them to you at such a ridiculous pace.

Want to be a militarist junta? Welp, now you have harmony and diplomacy traditions too cause there's nothing else to get.

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so broken.

They completely screw with the game's pace. I get some of them can be tweaked (I'm looking at you discovery tree's unlimited amount of research) but the fact of the matter is that Paradox can't just straight up introduce so much "power" into the game without tweaking the rest of the gameplay mechanics to compensate. It just powers you and all the AI up way too fast and the game just moves so much goddamn faster now. It sucks if you prefer your grand strategy games to actually be grand and not an (admittedly long) RTS.

-----

And yeah, there still are the usually day 1 bugs as expected with all Paradox releases. Stuff like how your leader has two different stats. One created by you and another created by the game. So they have two names and two portraits and so on.

-----

Edit: Oh, and megastructures are worthless pieces of garbage. Except habitats.

Edit edit: I just modded everything so tech and traditions take 10x longer to get. Should be scaled more to my taste now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: April 07, 2017, 10:49:23 pm »

I am currently attempting to make an empire ruled by a megacorp,
which enslaves xenos in order to process them as food.
My problem is figuring out what name this empire should have.
Another issue is figuring out the civics and traits, I do have a general idea though.

For reference, use the official wiki.

The Corporate Dominion civic is required for the empire to be called a megacorporation, so that one shouldn't be replaced.
The second civic I have chosen is Aristocratic Elite, but I am not sure about it.

As for the traits, I am not quite sure what to choose.
But two of them are Thrifty and Decadent and I would rather not replace them.

As for portraits, I have chosen the toad-like one, it might or might not change however.

Now as I mentioned above, this empire needs a decently sounding name.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:53:05 pm by Ultimuh »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: April 07, 2017, 10:52:40 pm »

I am currently attempting to make an empire ruled by a megacorp,
which enslaves xenos in order to process them as food.
My problem is figuring out what name this empire should have.
Another issue is figuring out the civics and traits, I do have a general idea though.

For reference, use the official wiki.

The Corporate Dominion civic is required for the empire to be called a megacorporation, so that one shouldn't be replaced.
The second civic I have chosen is Aristocratic Elite, but I am not sure about it.

As for the traits, I am not quite sure what to choose.
But I have chosen Thrifty and Decadent and would rather not replace them.

As for portraits, I have chosen the toad-like one, it might or might not change however.

Now as I mentioned above, this empire needs a decently sounding name.

Any suggestions?

All-Mart
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: April 07, 2017, 11:45:35 pm »

McKings, "all of our food is guaranteed free ranging and self growing!"
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:38 pm »

They are alright names. But a bit short to be the name of an empire.
Something like All-mart Food Concern or McKings Produce Corp.
Will take what you guys mentioned into consideration though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:17:09 am by Ultimuh »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: April 08, 2017, 12:14:05 am »

Hey, it could be worse- er... in some respects...
Quote from: Lord of the Realms 2
All your people are fed by dairy, my lord.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: April 08, 2017, 12:21:36 am »

Hey, it could be worse- er... in some respects...
Quote from: Lord of the Realms 2
All your people are fed by dairy, my lord.
You, my good sir. Just earned a subscriber.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 632