Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1686837 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4590 on: April 13, 2017, 07:55:52 am »

It would be nice if smaller ships would be organized in squadrons, but really big ships - battleships and bigger - would be individual units with assigned officers and maybe even individual qualities per ship. A bit like the design perks/flaws in SotSII.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: April 13, 2017, 09:59:31 am »

I agree ships could use more personality. They're rather faceless at the moment.

In the end, I'd wager combat will be expanded upon in some fashion eventually, if Stellaris is intended to get as many DLC as CK2 and EU4.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: April 13, 2017, 10:01:57 am »

Art of War 2.0 yes please
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: April 13, 2017, 10:17:37 am »

I'd love a system of officers for ships, more comprehensive fleet organization would be very nice too.

Cool idea: what if militarist pops got bonuses to happiness from having large-well maintained fleets?  How about for having highly experienced officers?  Maybe even for having storied vessels with long service lives?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: April 13, 2017, 11:08:52 am »

Art of War 2.0 yes please

Yeah, I can imagine there being a combat DLC not too far down the line - IIRC the next one/patch was supposed to focus on combat. The problem is that they've kinda gone down the 'dozens of anonymous ships which turn into an abstract number' route, and I can't imagine they'll change from that to something more indepth.

That being said, even just the ability to customise ships more would be very much welcomed - most of the time I just build exactly the same ships each game.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: April 13, 2017, 02:48:42 pm »

I'd love a system of officers for ships
Seems unlikely because that would require a substantial overhaul of the "leaders" character system. And I think if they do such an overhaul, it's going to be focused on making the limited numbers of leaders into more versatile interesting people, rather than extending the numbers of them and the levels of society that are modeled in this way.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: April 13, 2017, 04:26:10 pm »

It is still dissapointing, that we cant make titans WITH ESPECIALLY OVERSIZED WEAPONRY( and shielding and everything) like fallen empires.( yes, there is probably mod for this, but UUUHHH  :()

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: April 13, 2017, 04:30:36 pm »

I would absolutely love a 'ships gain exp' measure that's independent of the admiral.  I just lost a war cause my five star jester (and three other traits) admiral just died and I suddenly was losing battles I was winning before.
Nom nom nom

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: April 13, 2017, 04:43:27 pm »

How does one even get a five-star admiral? Mine either die young or die of old age because there's nothing to fight for long stretches.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: April 13, 2017, 04:50:30 pm »

Xenophobic, Fanatic militarist.  I was in wars constantly after getting my third colony.  I also turned up the number of empires in a medium galaxy to 16.  As well military commanders get some exp for being the first ship into an unexplored system as well as a chance at getting the scout trait.

As well a lot of my fights were before I could even kill a spaceport, so I was having to win via destroying their mining/research stations and their fleet every time it rebuilt.
Nom nom nom

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: April 13, 2017, 07:12:05 pm »

How does one even get a five-star admiral? Mine either die young or die of old age because there's nothing to fight for long stretches.

Oddly, all of my Admirals have gone from 2-star to five stars immediately after their first major (15k+) fleet battle.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: April 13, 2017, 07:17:04 pm »

I don't seem to have trouble getting 5 star admirals.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 13, 2017, 08:57:54 pm »

Same, at least when I bother to go to war. Experience is presumably based on fleet power or number of kills or something, so it tends to skyrocket after major late-game engagements.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: April 13, 2017, 09:34:31 pm »

You get so much exp just from fighting. Your first war alone should give you a 5 star general.

But failing that, there's a lot of tech and tradition stuff that straight up gives you high skilled leaders.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:47 pm »

You get so much exp just from fighting. Your first war alone should give you a 5 star general.

But failing that, there's a lot of tech and tradition stuff that straight up gives you high skilled leaders.
Indeed, though I wasn't aware of any techs that altered leader levels directly; they usually increase lifespan, which gives leaders more time to pick up experience.  While it's complete overkill, my first warlike game post-Utopia with my xenophobic, leader-focused oligarchy has thus far ended up with the following:
  • Talented and Quick Learner traits (+1 skill level and +25% experience to all leaders)
  • Meritocracy civic (+1 skill level to all leaders)
  • Discovery>Polytechnic Education tradition (+1 skill level to all leaders)
  • Supremacy>War Games tradition (+2 skill levels to admirals)

Once I racked up the tradition (Supremacy was my fourth tree), I was recruiting five-star admirals fresh out of the academy, and that only because six-star admirals don't exist.  Other leaders had to settle for a mere four stars and an accelerated experience curve.  Training?  Who needs training? :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:01:39 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 632