Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153882 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 69 - Back on Live Air
« Reply #1365 on: September 26, 2016, 07:12:07 am »

Dock ship, run off. A market?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 26, 2016, 08:12:45 am »

((Deary me, too many things, too little time, I have a skillset practically made for most of the problems I have here, but I can only do one thing at a time, deary me...))
Alright, first off, open the painting of the material-filled forest, and send in civilian workers (Backed by some warriors in case of trouble) to gather materials they think would be useful, while instead of having the aztecs screw up more and destroy the mansion in it's entirety, Execute will lead the fortifying attempts this time, hopefully using his engineering capabilities to give a bonus to the roll, keep the majority of fortifications somewhat inconspicuous, however
Meanwhile, question the Shaman about the odds that she could potentially make a deal with that god somehow, or perhaps what it would request in exchange.
Oh, and send out a couple aztecs along with the policeman world painting, on orders to get far enough away from the mansion that the policemen would focus on something else closer to them, then to unleash the painting, and run like hell back to the mansion.
Yuri is going to help prepare the warrior aztecs, scope out the area around the mansion and such, if Execute has time (Hey, I'm only directing the fortifications, not doing them) he'll try and use his bonus to military strategy to help.
Fallacy... He can do whatever, I'm allowing him to order other Aztecs to help him out and as long as Execute isn't too busy, it can be assumed he'll open up most painting Fallacy needs him to.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:31 am »

Mind Read some of the soldiers, find out what their orders are and if they would be willing to aid in our cause.
our first move will be to figure out what the exactly these soldiers are here for. Now  keep it down while I break opens this guys mind
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:39:49 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 26, 2016, 08:27:46 am »

"Alright then... let's get to it!"

Fallacy gets Execute to open the Devil Fruit world, then gathers up some of the Devil Fruits. She then passes them out to any curious Aztecs, making sure to tell them that eating one will remove the ability to swim and eating more than one will be lethal, in addition to the "super powers" pitch.

Afterwards, Fallacy attempts to discover if her physical limitations have been set to that of the world of One Piece by doing 20 push-ups.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »

((TCM, you skipped my action. Just so you know.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »

((TCM, you skipped my action. Just so you know.))

I did. I'll make sure to amend that later today.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 26, 2016, 06:17:05 pm »

Keep chasing and firing.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 26, 2016, 06:23:17 pm »

Look for anything interesting from the air.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 27, 2016, 12:43:07 am »

"Je mais vu-hell yes!"

Run away from the wreckage of the tank, but not before firing my crossbow into the Farmer's head. No witnesses of Time Travel, after all.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 68 - Meeting the Factions
« Reply #1374 on: October 01, 2016, 01:20:52 am »

I apologize for the delay of this turn. I'll work on it first thing tomorrow morning.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 70 - Gun Safety
« Reply #1375 on: October 02, 2016, 01:39:26 am »

Round 70: Gun Safety
Weather Conditions: Sunny
Time: Afternoon

Dolosus drops the fake accent to reveal his real case to the fighters, "Okay, here's the truth now. I'm here because I'm looking for some very dangerous men. The reason I was acting really strange just now because I wanted to see what would happen." He smiles at them, and their collective reaction is deadpan. "Now, your offer is very kind. I'll join your cause with only one extra condition. If you happen to find out about anyone in the surrounding area who is oddly dressed, somewhat like myself, tell me. If you can do that, I'll join your cause. Do we have a deal?" The leader paces atop the rampart for a few moments, not looking directly at Dolosus. "I do not appreciate your deception; deception is a tool of espionage and infiltration. There is no need to hide your identity here. Still, your reason for having a facade makes partial sense." He stops moving and turns to look Dolosus straight in the eye, "If you promise to remain honest with us from now on, we will let you join our ranks." He barks into the courtyard of the manor, "Open the doors up, rapido!"
The large doors in front of Dolosus open up to reveal a courtyard full of people (not just men, women and children as well, entire families by the look of it) and animals moving about, hoisting bags and crates to and fro. A number of flags are held up along the walls of the courtyard in ways that they are not visible from outside the manor. An armed teenager approaches Dolosus, "Hello. My name is Fernando, Commander Comrade Rodriguez, who you were talking to before, has instructed me to accompany and assist you. He would like you to have this as a welcoming gift." He presents Dolosus with a Soviet Rifle. [+Mosin-Nagant M1891, +Ally: Youthful Republican Partisan]
[I apologize for causing you to effectively miss a turn. Hopefully gaining a rifle and an armed ally offsets any disadvantage you received.]

Wipeout heads the warnings of the Fascist soldiers, and after they head back to their own gunship and sail off, she turns her cargo ship around and goes to the port of A Coruna. She ties the boat to the dock around a section of other civilian vessels, then steps off herself and makes her way to the center of the city. She's given some strange looks due to her modern athletic apparel, but otherwise travels unmolested. In the center is something between a marketplace and a commercial district, with a mixture of both traditional stalls and industrialized stores, a testament to a city in the flux between an old and new society. This is also reflected on the goods being offered, with fresh food items, and handmade clothing and crafts in the stalls while the stores contain baked goods, mass produced shoes and farming equipment. Among the fairly sparse group of people in this area are a group of four armed men patrolling, in uniforms similar but not identical to the soldiers Wipeout had met on the high seas.

Execute gets set on dealing with the current situation, with new guests set to arrive. The first order of business is opening up a portal to the newly drawn Forest of Abundance. Execute creates a swirling green portal for the forest and sends in the civilian Aztecs to gather material. As they move through the portal with their new task, Execute personally puts himself in charge of the mansion's fortification, putting his engineering skills to the test.
[Fortification: 2+2(Engineering)] The good news is that this time the Aztecs don't break anything. The downside is that Execute was going for "inconspicuous and effective", and has to spend valuable time explain to the Aztecs that putting giant spikes at the front of the mansion doesn't exactly intimidate soldiers with tanks, nor does splattering the front of the mansion with "battle colors that make the house look like a ferocious beast", when in Execute's opinion it resembles more closely something like a hastily made student art project culminating in splashing bright colors on the building's exterior.
Execute orders a squadron of Aztecs to perform a special operation: They are to take the Police Gun World painting and open it up, far away from the mansion and let its contents out, into the surrounding area. [Strategic Placement: 4] The Aztecs disappear for a few minutes and return, panting as if they had just exerted a lot of energy. They tell Execute that they went over to the forested area nearby to open the painting, and fled when the gunfire began. In fact, if Execute listens carefully over the sounds of Aztec at work, he can hear the popping noise signature of semi-automatic firearms in the distance.
Finally he orders Yuri to prepare the soldiers to get into combat position while he looks for important sections of the mansion in the context of a battle. [Military Planning: 7+2] First of all, the pillars at the front of the mansion will make for good cover, though they will be the closest to enemies coming from that direction. The rooms themselves are quite open and not optimized for defense, though to get upstairs you have to go up spiral staircases, which are historically defensible positions and can create chokepoints that put attackers at a disadvantage. Finally there is the roof, which has a parapet wall that can be used as a cover. Barricading would certainly be a good idea, but there's little time, and additionally there seems to be little that could be done to defend against a barrage of tank and artillery fire.
Execute allows Fallacy to do as she wishes; "Alright then... let's get to it!" Fallacy stands before the Aztecs in the grand foyer/main entryroom of the mansion and announces that she is open to volunteers to try Devil Fruit, of which she holds an armful that she has gathered from the appropriate world. She notes that while they will give the eater superpowers, they would take away the ability to swim and eating more than one would be most definitely lethal. Most of the Aztec shy away from the offer, claiming that powers and responsibilities were associated with gods and curses, something they could do without, although a few brave and curious souls step up. This creates the following results:
1 turns into a cyborg.
1 crackles with electricity and gains feline features like cat ears and a tail.
1 feels compelled to be near animals and gets uncomfortably close to the neko-Aztec.
1 gains red eyes, fair skin and a pentagram appears on his bare chest. He claims to now be a demon.
Lastly, 1 feels drawn to the essence of freshwater.
Fallacy tests if her physical limitations have been altered as per the rules of the world she used as inspiration for the Devil Fruit Portrait and performs 20 pushups, which she is able to complete with a decent amount of effort.
By this point, the incoming soldiers have arrived on the front lawn, and Yuri yells out for battle positions, with spearmen stationed at the front of the house while archers take to the roof and all major areas of the mansion are filled with hundreds of soldiers at the ready. Yuri looks at what he is up against: At least one hundred soldiers armed with rifles and sub-machine guns, four jeeps and a single tank at the forefront, its barrel currently not aimed directly at the mansion. They stop advancing just outside of range, where a single official looking soldier with a hat steps out of a jeep, armed with a non-electric megaphone. He speaks into it, "This is Captain Jose, commander of the 14th Galician Company! We have come for requisition of this property as a military institution! Are you the owners of this property?" He puts down the megaphone to look at the mansion and all the Aztec inside of it. "No! You are definitely not! Who are you people? Anarchists?!" The Captain's question is cut off as the sound of a large amount of semi-automatic and automatic gunfire blasts in from the forest. "What the hell is that?"

Person and company begin a coordinated attack on Hawk, beginning with Person himself who attempts to steady his rifle with a broken arm and aim it at Hawk. [1-2(Broken Arm) vs. 8] Putting the rifle in shooting position puts Person in a lot of pain and he voluntarily drops the rifle, which goes off as it hits the ground [1] and discharges a single round which flies straight into the bottom of Person's chin and exits through the top of his skull. He drops backwards to the ground, instantaneously unconscious. [Saving/Constitution Roll (Successful if X>5): 5] The wound would be the last one Person would ever received.
The Macedonian Nationalist is re-aiming at Hawk when he hears Person fall to the ground. He turns around and drops his gun, putting his hands to his head and screaming, "NOOOOO!" He panics briefly before picking up his pistol and running in the opposite direction of Hawk. The Loyal Hunting Dog, waiting for orders from Person and runs over to its fallen master. The doggo barks a few times at what used to be Person and paws at the body. After a few moments, the barks turn to whimpers.
Person fell to an accidentally self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"Je mais vu-hell yes!" Greatness quickly agrees with her knight's plan of action to get out of Explosion-Ville ASAP, but not before she gets rid of witnesses. Greatness aims her Crossbow at the Sheep Herder, who has leapt over a fence and is now in a dead sprint down a tomato field. [2 vs. 10] Greatness fires her loaded bolt at the herder, who times a jump perfectly so that the bolt goes flying underneath him and lands in the dirt a few feet away, allowing him to continue at full speed until he's out of range; even Greatness would have to admit that was an aesthetically impressive maneuver. "M'lady, we must go!" Sir Lorne half-guides, half-yanks Greatness onto the back of his horse as they race down the road, a couple more mortar strikes hitting the area around the destroyed tank. Sir Lorne lets up as the sound of the explosions fades away and the Greatness finds herself before a sign that says "A Coruna", with a moderately sized city up ahead. Sir Lorne asks, "Shall we enter this city? I can't read the sign, your Spanish is much better than my own. Too bad we aren't in France..."
[This attack did not gain the 'Assassination' modifier since an Assassination is defined as a surprise attack in a non-combat context.]

Beirus looks down from his mighty Flying Fortress to see if anything of interest is going down on the ground below: So far he spots a pile of smoke coming from the road that signifies that something had just gone up in smoke. Further away he can see a city, and beyond it a great lighthouse that shoots upwards into the sky. Next to the city is a mansion, and in front of the mansion a large number of soldiers, something is obviously occurring over there.

Cinder stares thoughtlessly at some really interesting clouds when Mr. Lion gives her a nudge on the shoulder, allowing her to re-enter reality. "Huh? Oh yeah!" She starts up the car and pulls out of the alleyway, turning the corner and driving towards the visible outline of the beach. After all, when you're driving a stolen race car with a lion, what better way to spend the day than crab fishing? She arrives at the beach without incident, parking the car and letting Mr. Lion out so that he can stretch on the sand. As Cinder exits the car she realizes that she will have little success crab fishing without a crab cage (and preferably bait)! Where she could find one of those? It is at this time that she is approached by a muscular, mustachioed man in an extremely short and tight pair of swimming trunks. "Good lady! You look like you are in a tough jam! How could I, Senor Bajista, assist you?...Is that a Lion?" He points to Mr. Lion who is happily prancing in the shallows of the water.

Hawk gets so lucky that it might as well be a gift from God. Still, she's only going to be able to utilize that luck if she lives, so she calls upon the powers of St. Patrick's Staff to receive divine healing. [Divinity: 4+2] Miraculously, Hawk finds that the bullet hole in her chest has disappeared, though she is still leaking from the skull. She then hears the voice of God Himself: "I like you and all but I can't constantly be performing miracles just for you, I've got a really busy schedule. Why don't you go and find a doctor or someone to help you with your other bleeding, that way you have a connection for these type of things and you don't have to rely on me."

"Our first move will be to figure out what the exactly these soldiers are here for. Now  keep it down while I break opens this guys mind." Midnight informs her compatriot of her first course of action as she presses a finger to her temple and targets the nearest patrol of soldiers for a mind reading. [Mind Reading: 2] This soldiers are not weak of the mind, and Midnight can only make out very vague images, pictures of girls and faraway beaches, of soldiers in long marches but nothing specific at all. The Insurgent throws in his own comments, "They're Fascists right? Judging by the uniforms anyways. And the English hate Fascists. So that means we should side with them right? What's wrong with a little Fascism now and again?"

Failbird appears in the center of A Coruna, along with a German Soldier to accompany him.

Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.

The Forest of Abundance - Materials being claimed by Aztec workers.

Philippines/Spanish-American War - The Spanish and Americans are battling it out in a major colonial war taking place in the Philippine Islands.

Painting Supply Box World - World where boxes of painting supplies grow like plants, inhabited by tribal people. Being explored by Twinwolf, Jaguar Soldiers and Aztec Civilian.

Nuclear Silo World - World where all that has been found so far has been a forest and a large, abandoned nuclear silo. Closed.

Devil Fruit World - World filled with the mystical Devil Fruit. Closed.

Police Gun World - A world filled with police and police guns, unintentionally created by Execute. Opened in a nearby forest.

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)

My apologies for the delays, once again. Next turn slated for Wednesday Night.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:44:33 am by TCM »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 02, 2016, 02:25:37 am »

((Oh hey, a mystic-type Zoan, that's pretty rare, TCM, where are you getting the powers for the Devil Fruits?
Also, deary me, give me a while, I need to think of a plan.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 70 - Gun Safety
« Reply #1377 on: October 02, 2016, 03:00:37 am »

-the part where Person shoots himself-
"What."

Try to get a scrap of cloth from Person's body and use it to bandage my head wound. If the doggo doesn't like that, walk away. Look for a place where I could get some medical attention.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 02, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

May I join?

Please pm me if I get in.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 02, 2016, 02:47:01 pm »

((Oh hey, a mystic-type Zoan, that's pretty rare, TCM, where are you getting the powers for the Devil Fruits?
Also, deary me, give me a while, I need to think of a plan.))

The Superpowers Wiki mainly.

May I join?

Please pm me if I get in.

Yes and yes.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 97