Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 27570 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2015, 01:05:22 pm »

"Hey Dubley, how many HMRC convicts do you need to screw in a light bulb?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2015, 01:28:45 pm »

"I don't know sir, how many?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2015, 02:09:46 pm »

"Just two. One to screw in the bulb, and one to overload his manip after realizing that "It just isn't BRIGHT enough dammit!".
Alternatively, one to screw in the bulb, one to pile up enough corpses to reach that damn socket.

If either of you know any that're better, do share. We'll be sitting around this ship for quite some time longer, seeing how aren't even a fifth of the way yet and now Capgras has to start from zero again. So we might as well kill some time."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:12:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2015, 12:41:14 pm »

Right! That seems to have gone all right.

Next thing - can we get back on the previously plotted course? That'd be... er... north-northeast until we rejoin the formation? Is the kidney bean around those parts?

If yes, wait in paradoxical motionlessness some more for it to find someone more interesting to bother, like our wonderful commander or something.

If not, get back on track. Pilot the talking synthflesh coatrack that pilots our ship like a true space cowboy.

Yeah, probably. Assuming you can figure out where that is. You're not entirely sure where you are; somewhere southeast of the route. You're not sure where the bean is anymore. Could be anywhere out there.

"Ok team, we've lost comms with Capgras now that they tried their maneuver to shake the planetoid anomaly. Let's hope that works out for them. What do we do now? I'd say we move around these things in front of us, then wait for a while on the other side to see if they can catch up again. Might also give team Scrupulosity the time they need to catch up. All this ok for you guys?"
"Oh great more waiting. I suppose its the best we can do."

Dubley sets up a makeshift sparring ring in the rec room then finds Sir Jackson.
"Yo Sir J, you wanna spar? I gotta practice with these new arms and you gotta get used to your armour."
If he agrees then we spar.
[b]try to find a shooty thing that will allow me to shoot at the weird space meatballs and things[/b]
spar in the sparing ring
Ok.

I suppose now is as good a time as any to pray. And to keep shooting.
Well...you can't see it from where you are so...I guess you say a nonspecific prayer to the god of not being shot.

"Don't ask me why Steve, in his infinite wisdom, decided we needed three people for a one pilot ship. Either way, I'm plotting the course."

yes, circle around it. We will move around and then get back on our line. Then we will lower speed a bit and wait for others to catch up.
Consider it done.

Turn in toward its turn to attempt to shoot past it before it can correct!  Evade evade!  Pray to Hal-mon for his assistance with piloting!

"Brothers, hang on tight!"

You juke it again. The thing flies past at high speed, turning to catch you again. It seems to be accelerating even now, as though it can't slow down. It is taking an even larger arc to fly back toward you this time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2015, 01:00:43 pm »

North-northeast we go! At some point we ought to be able to get into comms range with the other teams.

When (if!) such a point is reached, be joyful at not getting messed up by rogue amorous planetoids and reestablish contact.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »

((Capgras is at (25,-2) right now. There is a buoy at (25,0). Assuming they indeed go 'northeast' (aka +1 in the y axis, landing at (25,-1) next turn) they should get into comms range of the buoy, which should be broadcasting the info they need to reorient themselves and get back on track.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2015, 04:23:04 pm »

Keep 'er going, but slow down quite a bit so capgras can catch up. As planned.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2015, 04:33:21 pm »

Dubley moves his six arms around and poses in a way he thinks looks cool and points at Sir Jackson.
"If you can best me, I'll make your turret for free. But that'll never happen. You're gonna get pwned noob!"

Fight! Dubley will open with rapid fire six armed punching!

"Miya sir do you mind acting as ref, announcer, judge, and commentator? Otherwise the alot'll have to do it."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »

Dubley moves his six arms around and poses in a way he thinks looks cool and points at Sir Jackson.
"If you can best me, I'll make your turret for free. But that'll never happen. You're gonna get pwned noob!"

"Miya sir do you mind acting as ref, announcer, judge, and commentator? Otherwise the alot'll have to do it."
jackson gives a hardy laugh before bringing his shield up and swinging his sword in a tight arc at dubley
we camn see! Either way this is sure to be a good fight!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:54:30 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2015, 08:28:34 pm »

Lars gritted his teeth as he held on tight to the controls.  "I think we can shake it, brothers!  Keep your faith in the divine!"

Again!  Same trick; eventually it'll shoot past us and not be able to turn around before we're gone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2015, 07:01:31 am »

"... Sure, why not. As long as you don't break anything or hurt each other more than can be easily fixed. Deal?

Ladies aaaand gentlemen (and animal companion), welcome to the first ever Super Cyborg Mixed Martial Arts Tournement Extravaganza!

In the left corner, with six arms and a penchant for punching, Dubley Steptimuuuuus!

And in the right corner, his challenger. His fans call him the locker knight, his foes the junkyard jezebel, here is Sir Jacksooooon!

Miya steps in between the two fighters.

Now, I want a good, clean fight, and don't any of you kill the other... Before I say you can.

NOW LET'S GET IT ON!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2016, 12:10:54 pm »

((Capgras is at (25,-2) right now. There is a buoy at (25,0). Assuming they indeed go 'northeast' (aka +1 in the y axis, landing at (25,-1) next turn) they should get into comms range of the buoy, which should be broadcasting the info they need to reorient themselves and get back on track.))
North-northeast we go! At some point we ought to be able to get into comms range with the other teams.

When (if!) such a point is reached, be joyful at not getting messed up by rogue amorous planetoids and reestablish contact.

We'll assume that happened as you predicted and they found the buoy

Keep 'er going, but slow down quite a bit so capgras can catch up. As planned.
Done

jackson gives a hardy laugh before bringing his shield up and swinging his sword in a tight arc at dubley
we camn see! Either way this is sure to be a good fight!
Sword? I see no sword on this wiki page for you. Too bad, I was hoping this might end in death.

Lars gritted his teeth as he held on tight to the controls.  "I think we can shake it, brothers!  Keep your faith in the divine!"

Again!  Same trick; eventually it'll shoot past us and not be able to turn around before we're gone.
[1]
You manage to dodge, just barely, but the thing is really targeted in now and it is coming straight at you at rather insane speeds.  You're gonna need a near perfect dodge to get out of this now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2016, 12:18:56 pm »

((I think Spazyak meant his multi-role weapon, which is basically sword fused with laser rifle.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2016, 12:28:15 pm »

Coolio. Well, steady as she goes then. Drop buoy, cause why not. Also provide commentary on their little fight as needed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:10:11 am by Radio Controlled »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

((I think Spazyak meant his multi-role weapon, which is basically sword fused with laser rifle.))
((Yep, I did))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16