Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 168

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 298752 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #1020 on: December 31, 2020, 11:12:37 am »

I think it became the Bannerlord thread?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 02, 2021, 08:12:15 am »

some note : in the recent GoG Metro Last Light Redux freebie , the DLC missions are available through the Main Menu -> Chapters and from there you can switch between the main campaign missions (when you play a campaign mission it will be added there) and the other missions/DLC ones.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 03, 2021, 09:39:15 pm »

I've been playing a bit of Vertigo by Wildebeest Games. It's a free, and short, game about climbing to the top of a cliff. It doesn't look very impressive and all the starting positions aside from the default one crashed the game for me, but it's easy to get the hang of and it's good for a bit of fun.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 04, 2021, 10:43:00 pm »

Like. I'm not huge on the rest of the game, so far, but. Lost Technology's dungeon master mode is a hoot. Game itself is one of those old-ish school province based hybrid turn based/real time strategy dealios, where you pick a side and direct a host of colorful characters to conquer the world. It's neat, genre expression you don't see often, whatever.

Dungeon mode is you get one squad of up to eight critters, and then you ram that 8 critter group through a hundred floors of progressive shitkick, 8 (plus summons) versus shedloads. Kick with it, is while you acquire random heros as you beat floors (can be ground, it's no big), the stuff you kill has a chance to drop, well. Whatever. Whatever skill they have as an item, you can go on to equip to your minions.

So, like. The least interesting thing in my current party is an armored up guy that has functionally strapped on working giant frog legs and something's wings, which they use to gap close and beat the shit one of things. Franz is boring and slow and will eventually be replaced.

Then there's the idiot martial artist (his default attack literally says only an idiot would be running around a battlefield punching people) throwing around ki balls. I've taught him to bite people (ancient lizardman battle technique, it clears space about as hard as frog legs) and assassinate stuff. Arts is also kinda' boring tbh but whatever.

Then one of my ranged dudes, not much interesting with it, it litters caltrops all over the place and wrecks shit with the laser beam we ripped from the corpse of a random abomination, occasionally pegging things with its starting musket. Karel's good deeps but could be better.

Then the cavalry duo of my starting guy who teaches pretty much my entire party how to throw around healing spells and fly around guan yu-ing people in the face. He'd be boring except the massive leader bonuses and the part where he throws around a giant blizzard of black magic skulls we lifted off dead demons and the part where he opens most fights summoning up a small army of cannon fodder. Other horseminion 'just' also does the frog leg thing, has a bugger off huge hammer and constantly spews out great gouts of poison gas. Sigiswald and Theodor.

Then dogboi the fairly mighty, the wolfman critter that starts off throwing out an eightpack of wolves then runs around blasting people with a laser rifle... and a longbow and occasionally a rock. He'd be less interesting, except the eightpack wolf summon all inherit the stuff the rest of the squad does; i.e. there's a wild pack of doggos running around whanging things in the skull with spinning polearms because of Shays. Shays is pretty alright.

Then there's the elf. At her base, the elf is kinda' boring, the most interesting bit the part where she jedi cuts projectiles out of the air. So, y'know, I taught her to summon murder idols that kill people with music, to throw around a tiny flame nuke that blows up like half the screen at max zoom, gave her a lightsaber, a one shot basically-flamethrower, and how to shoop da whoop by equipping her with max tier laser breath we lifted from the corpse of a dead dragon rider. It's basically artillery fire than comes from your mouth! Mirka's good stuff.

Then. Then! Not the strongest. But definitely the most loved. The generalissimo frog, Glazovsky.
Spoiler: Glazovsky is a frog. (click to show/hide)
Like all his people, he's able to blow up stuff with blasts of sonic attacks, jump around with his frog legs to wreck shit, and constantly plays music buffing everything around him (Glasovsky does attack and defense!). I gave him a plasma gun and what amounts to long range facehuggers, the "Face Leech" that burrows into faces, lays eggs, and then the eggs hatch and burrow back out! Two hits!

Also I gave him a cannon, because you're damn straight general frogman is getting a goddamn cannon. Glazvosky is easily the least generic thing in my party right now.

Anyway, that's my current party and why I'm digging this pretty hard. Stalling out right now on floor 27 (Literally the devil. Very literally bunches of devils.), but damn if it's not fun to watch.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:50:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 05, 2021, 09:09:29 am »

Toyed around the bonus mission "Kshatriya"  in Metro Last Light Redux and this one is really well done.

They could nearly have made a game around the freeroam concept of this mission : you're a stalker hunting for "artifacts" (i guess they were inspired by the STALKER serie of game), exploring areas and surviving, coming back to your underground base to sell your loot and save for another day of hunting, buy and equip yourself better then go and discover more zones etc...

Fans of the stalker games should just love it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 05, 2021, 12:52:09 pm »

Toyed around the bonus mission "Kshatriya"  in Metro Last Light Redux and this one is really well done.

They could nearly have made a game around the freeroam concept of this mission : you're a stalker hunting for "artifacts" (i guess they were inspired by the STALKER serie of game), exploring areas and surviving, coming back to your underground base to sell your loot and save for another day of hunting, buy and equip yourself better then go and discover more zones etc...

Fans of the stalker games should just love it.

Haven't played the game yet but I've read the first book and the author did reference the Stalker film a number of times when they described the persons who travelled above ground looking for stuff.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 05, 2021, 01:09:29 pm »

Interesting, in the main campaign of Metro Last Light there was a guy calling some other folks "stalkers" too, i was wondering if it was just a reference to the game.
More reason to read the books now :)

Anyways, that bonus mission is really fantastic, after several days of hunting that does not really pay well as i need to buy more air filters :D , my explorations reached the interior of the library... those damned librarians (oddly shy for such huge murderous mutants). Still have a bunch of artifacts on my list that i haven't found yet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:13:09 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 05, 2021, 03:08:18 pm »

More reason to read the books now :)

I do recommend it! Keeping with the metro/stalker comparisson there was a bit in the book that I found funny at the time. In the stalker games, I always thought that the aks-u (short AK74) was a terrible weapon and I would always ditch it for a full length one. However in Metro 2033 book, the main character gets a full length AK and people start giving him crap for having such an old and cumbersome rifle, that can't be easily hidden.  :D

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:32 am »

Finally managed to complete that Kshatriya bonus mission in Metro Last Light, with finally getting my hand on that "secret subway map" artifact, those Librarians knows how to be scary with them jumping sometime into different floors  while you think you were finally safe.

What an excellent mission this was, there are some randomization of enemies and artifacts location to increase its replay value, along with making your own challenge to try to not save every time you go back to the base and play in one playthrough instead. 

There was a huge potential with this mission, as i said previously with that system of exploring and unlocking more areas mixed with the randomisation with enemy and items, if they could have made the zone ten times bigger (the mission area is already very big once you open it by exploring) and sold it as a great game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 08, 2021, 04:18:18 pm »

Pavlov VR has released the WWII update, adding a slew of new weapons, including rocket launchers and tanks, grouped by US, USSR, and Germany. All three countries have a fairly even mix of gear, including frag/smoke grenades, machine guns, and launchers for each.

...Sadly, none of that exists for botmatches. Which is the only thing I play.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 12, 2021, 12:36:30 am »

I finally bought Capitalism Lab after literally 5 years or so of it being bookmarked to buy, but I never bought it even though its exactly my type of game lol. I just always buy steam stuff that is on sale, but hey you know I got 600...great time to actually get it xD. Bought every DLC too, including the brand new banking one

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 12, 2021, 12:54:30 pm »

Capitalism Lab

The official site of Capitalism Lab – the successor to the award-winning Capitalism 2 business simulation game

Oh shit! Five years? How have I not heard of this?

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 12, 2021, 09:55:33 pm »

Capitalism Lab

The official site of Capitalism Lab – the successor to the award-winning Capitalism 2 business simulation game

Oh shit! Five years? How have I not heard of this?

Its been out way longer, but thats when I first saw a post about it here on bay12. It was about complicated games or something.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 168