Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89248 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2016, 05:51:06 pm »

((Someone should look up some Wayfarer literature to look for significant numbers in their theology.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 16, 2016, 08:52:49 am »

((Someone should look up some Wayfarer literature to look for significant numbers in their theology.))
((I don't know anything about this. I suspect Dester wouldn't either. -1 general knowledge and all.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #362 on: February 16, 2016, 11:55:27 am »

Oh dear, I'm gonna look very lazy today.

alright. Let's send a phase one to New universe 3, 1, 4.  let's send a phase one to previously explored 2, 0, 0, which is the one that the probe ported into at an odd angle and saw a wall, thenpicked up a rusty hitchhiker. This time port it in 500 yards back from where it was last time. make sure this probe has cameras aiming all directions.
Null for that first one and the second one doesn't return. You may have telefragged.

Phase 1 probes to 4,4,4 and 5,7,3.

EDIT: Both are new.
Both are new and both are null!

(NEW) Probes to:

The first one returns to the new deep space rooms and you start getting weird signals. Data from sensors that shouldn't exist on walls or floors that seem to have appeared out of  nowhere. Not only that but you're starting to get data timestamped from times in both the past and the future.

other two are null.

Phase 1:

first two are null

The third one results in the probe returning with a thin coating if purple fluid on the bottom.  Sensors show that where ever it went was habitable  but quite warm and humid. There was a livable amount of oxygen present and non-toxic amounts of other gases, most notably methane. There's a great deal if microbial action as well, and the cameras show...well...ever seen the video feed from a colonoscopy?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »

"Interesting... These readings should be looked at more thoroughly."

Quote from: Ryan to Team
I seem to have discovered a universe where time is in flux. I will not investigate further, but I am getting readings from sensors that do not exist and from the past and present.

Isolate the time-probe and analyse the data. What, exactly, are the readings saying?

Phase 1 probes to:

2, 83, 88

13, 24, 33

2, 27, 35

((Gonna make this hard on you all and use a random number generator :P Don't worry, I vetted them against the wiki, they're clean.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2016, 07:48:03 pm »

Probe Number 2 to Anal-verse
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2016, 02:40:29 pm »

I have indeed seen live feed from a colonoscopy. Or, more accurately, a sigmoidoscopy.
Tell me about the gravity, atmospheric pressure, sonar, and other readings from the analverse probe. Does the probe appear to have been corroded from acids or anything? Let's get a chemical analysis on the purple fluid. This universe looks like a very fitting home for humanity, in many ways.

Send another camera heavy probe to 2, 0, 0 (rusty hitchhiker universe). send it to the original location so as not to telefrag. have it move about a bit as it finds space to do so, and to turn a bit as well. Let's get the dimensions of the space it is in, through sonar, radar, etc. what kind of atmosphere if any, temperature, other notable features.

Probe New universes:
-2, 0, 0
0, -2, 0
0, 0, -2

Quote from: Dester to:Ryan cc: Blops Team
Does it look like the time distortion is spreading? What kind of readings are you getting from the environment in that universe, if any? Perhaps you might consider sending another probe for a longer period, so we can get a recording of just how oddly time moves in that universe. if nothing else, it could unlock clues to how time functions in this universe.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:20 am »

Probe Number 2 to Anal-verse
High definition cameras show that indeed this does appear to be living tissue, complete with a vascular system visible through mucus membranes.

There's no radiation (or at least not above background), No radio signals, plenty of motion from the walls, and no sign of macro-organisms. At least in the few minutes the probe is there.

I have indeed seen live feed from a colonoscopy. Or, more accurately, a sigmoidoscopy.
Tell me about the gravity, atmospheric pressure, sonar, and other readings from the analverse probe. Does the probe appear to have been corroded from acids or anything? Let's get a chemical analysis on the purple fluid. This universe looks like a very fitting home for humanity, in many ways.

Send another camera heavy probe to 2, 0, 0 (rusty hitchhiker universe). send it to the original location so as not to telefrag. have it move about a bit as it finds space to do so, and to turn a bit as well. Let's get the dimensions of the space it is in, through sonar, radar, etc. what kind of atmosphere if any, temperature, other notable features.

Probe New universes:
-2, 0, 0
0, -2, 0
0, 0, -2

Quote from: Dester to:Ryan cc: Blops Team
Does it look like the time distortion is spreading? What kind of readings are you getting from the environment in that universe, if any? Perhaps you might consider sending another probe for a longer period, so we can get a recording of just how oddly time moves in that universe. if nothing else, it could unlock clues to how time functions in this universe.
Gravity is at about .8 G.  Atmospheric pressure is higher, but seems to fluctuate between around .7 and 2.5 normal atmospheric pressure. The probe appears undamaged. Big gooey but undamaged. The purple fluid is organic, carbon based, and filled with large proteins. It appears to be something akin to mucus or an organic lubricant.

You send another probe in. This time it returns without a hitchhiker, and plenty of video. The place looks almost like an abandoned factory; obviously artificial walls that have been rusted, a pile of machine pieces off to the side, and an iris door in the ceiling. The room itself is quite small and the probe can't move much or even maneuver well enough to get out of the room.

As per atmosphere, it appears to be about 5% oxygen, 94% nitrogen and a mix of other gasses, the biggest of which is argon. The atmospheric pressure is quite low and there is a fair amount of particulate in the air, mostly salts, combustion byproducts and metal dust.  Temp is quite warm, around 120 F.

Null
Null
Returns, but encased in a giant chunk of what looks like amber.

"Interesting... These readings should be looked at more thoroughly."

Quote from: Ryan to Team
I seem to have discovered a universe where time is in flux. I will not investigate further, but I am getting readings from sensors that do not exist and from the past and present.

Isolate the time-probe and analyse the data. What, exactly, are the readings saying?

Phase 1 probes to:

2, 83, 88

13, 24, 33

2, 27, 35

((Gonna make this hard on you all and use a random number generator :P Don't worry, I vetted them against the wiki, they're clean.))

Probe returns covered in purple crystal growths. Attempts to get the data off it result in failure, despite the probe looking functional and intact.

Null
Null

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »

Phase 3 to Anal-Verse 333,333,333

Send a phase 1 into the analverse as well at the coordinates of 333,333,333 .... yes I'm trying to piss off the god of numbers

((If I can't make significant posts, at least I can be punny
Second part cancelled for being confusing))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:55:04 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2016, 07:50:58 pm »

Phase 1 probes to new universes:
-7,-7,-7

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2016, 11:08:03 pm »

no signs of macroorganizms, besides that one giant macroorganism that is universe 333, 333, 333.

Quote from: Dester to: Ryan
Get sonar and radar images, and set the probes to longer travel times. let them explore a bit and map this thing out. pay particular attention to possible empty spaces, would you? let's see if there is an outside, or if this entire universe is a living organism. if it is, then at least there is the possibility of caverns or cavern-like places, where we could set up shop. Also, look out for immune system responses, like white blood cells and whatnot.

Send phase three probe (samples of life, including sods and mewling fleshmasses, if we have those) to the rusty factory.
if all goes well, proceed to phase four (sending in human test subjects, who do nothing, but observe and report their experiences. If all goes well, send a scout team (phase 5), Make sure they have a hatch on top of their probe so the team can exit upward toward the iris. if possible, make this probe smaller so that the team has some maneuvering room, too.

Probe new universes:
3, 0, 0
0, 3, 0
0, 0, 3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2016, 11:11:54 pm »

((Don't forget you can teleport your probes into the universe at different coordinates. Send one to analverse, but with a few zeroes added. then you'll see if there is an outside.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2016, 04:13:18 am »

((Don't forget you can teleport your probes into the universe at different coordinates. Send one to analverse, but with a few zeroes added. then you'll see if there is an outside.))
I did this with rusty metal verse and telefragged the probe. gotta explore that one manually for now. And I am kind ainterested in starting to map analverse anyway. I want to probe deep and hard, but I want to take my time. no need to be hasty with such a tasty new verse to feel about in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2016, 08:46:14 am »

I did this with rusty metal verse and telefragged the probe. gotta explore that one manually for now. And I am kind ainterested in starting to map analverse anyway. I want to probe deep and hard, but I want to take my time. no need to be hasty with such a tasty new verse to feel about in.
((Ew. Also this reminds me that the thread title is s bit outdated.))

Hey PW! You should change the thread title to a different explisit sexual reference.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2016, 12:17:21 pm »

NEW PROBING TIME

11, 23, 118
    66, 81, 92
    113, 192, 155
    159, 74, 152
    21, 192, 83

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2016, 01:06:56 pm »

(("Mission 26: We need to probe deeper"))
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54