Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 88775 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2016, 07:58:05 pm »

Everyone: roll mind to avoid immediately un-blacklisting and going to -7,-7,-7.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 23, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »

((Woo! Let's book mark the universe and open up an arm brothel! If it's deadly we can use it to take out our enemies with enticing images! Bait the lurker into a rap with another sexy space lurker))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 23, 2016, 08:31:18 pm »

Quote from: Ryan to Team
Two interesting findings.

First: I've discovered another psychic hazard. We've "lost" two sods; they've fallen comatose, but appear to still have full brain functionality. Recommending blacklist.

Second, and this one interests me the most: I may have discovered not only an inhabitable universe, but the standard origin places us into a manufacturing facility. Sending a second probe in, briefly, to get a better analysis of the universe.

Send phase two to 159, 74, 152; I'm assuming it was a warehouse like structure. Use previous video feed to get new coordinates and aim for an empty space.

Blacklist the depersonalization universe and isolate the footage. Have medical team care for sods in an isolated ward and wait for further news.

Send a phase one probe to  16,75,150.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2016, 10:04:14 pm »

Everyone: roll mind to avoid immediately un-blacklisting and going to -7,-7,-7.
((Haven't only three PCs seen the images though? :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 23, 2016, 10:35:42 pm »

((EVERYONE))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2016, 01:19:41 am »

((Go in, you know you want to. It'll just be some harmless exploration, no need to go all the way. ))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2016, 02:16:58 am »

((...c'mon, just the tip, nobody will know.

>_>  Don't hurt me, I had to))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2016, 07:01:14 am »

((They could have Petra look at it to see if the women actually look like that or if it's a mental thing based on the viewer.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2016, 10:55:54 am »

PW: we have a confirmed duplication of numbered universes: -7, -7, -7 was the coordinates for a null verse from several pages ago http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154156.msg6692988#msg6692988 I reccomend that any such duplicates be tagged with a letter following the coordinates, so as to distinguish one from another (i.e. universe [-7, -7, -7(a)] and [-7, -7, -7(b)]. that, or just change the coordinates of one.

Send a camera probe to reexamine the room in rusty metal verse where we lost our away team. send it for two seconds, recording in all directions and in all spectra, including audio and all that stuff. Have the data alanyzed. has the room changed noticably? are the remnants of the team visible? Is the iris unchanged?

Blacklist OrgyVerse (-7, -7, -7) and comatose-verse (66, 81, 92). I'm willing to allow a team to explore orgy-verse, but it needs a developed action plan, approved by myself and Saint, before any action is taken. the null universe which caused the sods to sleep with waking brainwaves (comatose verse) is off limits.

Send a small probe (or a small collection of small probes) into the working factory verse that Kedley found. Have it/them programmed to avoid obstacles and explore the room then regroup at the tag to return to this universe.

Have a test room build in deep space. the test room should be made of several chambers, each separated from the next by a different type of door or airlock. within the rooms should be various mental puzzles and physical objects, some small enough for spiders to reasonably manipulate, some standard human size, and some much larger. Include things like toy blocks, sequenced symbols on cards that need to be arranged a certain way, a visual representation of what is needed to pass one of the rooms, and several deadly obstacles, including fire, spikes, big squishers and the like. Rig the whole thing with explosives. In the final room, leave a single probe, empty and waiting, with a single button to be pressed. If said button is pressed, the probe within is sent to the Spiderverse and left there. Give visual instructions in the final room, on the walls, that this is how that works. Once the preparations are complete, send a probe containing a couple rabbits to spiderverse, bring them directly back to the starting room of the testing chamber. Observe the results. detonate the room if there is a risk the spiders will escape. If any spiders make it to the final room and press the button, return them to Spiderverse.

to Gus and Saint:
"My bet is that orgy-verse is a trap. I am kinda curious about what might happen if the trap is sprung though. If we got lucky, it would only eat the team sent in. unfortunately, they might bring some intercosmic STD back with them, and we frankly just don't have time for that nonsense right now. Nor enough ointment to go around, though "kill it with fire" has worked pretty well for most of our threats so far.

Saint, it looks like you might launch free of the organism in Analverse if you go a bit further - say, 1000 miles this time? 20 miles got you two directions showing different organs - stomach and small intestines from the look of it - and four directions showing the same organ, so the creature, if it is analogous to our universe's creatures , has got to be in the hundreds of miles in dimension, or more. Who knows."

((wooh! Orgy-verse! Let's go colonise it if you know what I'm sayin'))
Edit ((also if this is not a trap, new title-transdimensional space orgy))
((we are accepting applications for the team to "explore" that particular trap garden of delights.

Just ignore the null one. Because it's null and who gives a shit.

The room, the starting room, looks no different. Remember, they disappeared somewhere between there and wherever they got to when it was time to make the next report.

Blacklisted

The probe to factoryverse shows, much like the internals of heph, the area you're in is largely or entirely automated. You see no sign of living creatures. As per what the machines are making, you and the sods that watch the video can't even hazard a guess. It's complex, whatever it is, but it also appears random, just odd collections of carefully formed metal tubes, coatings of thick plastic or enamel, mechanical nodules; it looks almost like an alien's abstract interpretation of a circuit board. It's clearly technological but it's totally obtuse as to exactly what the fuck its purpose is.

You bring the spiders into your little obstacle course. It takes a while for the rabbits to die and for the spiders to emerge and to get a handle on their surroundings, but once they do, they seem to understand the puzzles. They make it through a few before they reach one that requires color matching. This seems to completely stymie them and they start trying to brute force it. Perhaps they can't see color?

"Oh, uh- well. This looks promising."

We haven't time to waste. Order phase 2 probes to Succuverse, toot sweet.

In the meantime, pull up a chair and turn down the lights. Gus is gonna need some time to review the footage. You know, for science.

((EDIT: Gus has better things to do than sit around talking to Saint. There's work to be done, and by God he's going to do it.))

EDIT II: Phase 1 probes to new universes -7,9,-7 and 9,0,9
Some buzzkill has already locked the succuverse off. Jerk.

And both those universes are null!

You'd be frustrated if you hadn't just spent several minutes removing frustration, so to speak.

For science!

(( Why did I have to make Vincent a space bard. I dont like walking face first into obvious trap. But attractive women are Vincents weak point, being caught in bed with a Magister's daughter is the reason he ended up in this organisation after all... He very much knew the risks))
4 to analverse
Aquire the footage of the vixenverse (siren-verse?) for *ahem* research purposes. If gus successfully procedes with further exploration of this universe, be there for review of phase 2

Analverse appears to be safe to humans, though a few of the volunteers dislike it on a visceral level (Ha). One of them seems really into it. Maybe too into it.

((Is this where the CHAR-focused characters need to prepare messages to deliver via probes in order to out-seduce them? :P))
  • Send a probe to the barnacleverse. Have some sort of robot scrape off the barnacles. Can they be attached to other probes that haven't entered that universe? What about other probes that have gone to that universe?
  • Two Phase 2 probes to (123,456,789) [Not New, it's the one with the foil coating]. Have them touch each other in a Null universe while a third probe watches.
  • One Phase 2 Probe equipped space-magic that works based on anomalous arrangements of matter to a Null. The ones that can be used by a machine and have observable effects. Verify that they do not work.
  • Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 10 minutes. Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 15 minutes. Phase 1 Probe to Radioactive Decay universe, return to a Null after 20 minutes. A Phase 2 Probe watches from inside the Null from a safe distance.
1. Not sure what universe you mean. Coords?

2. You lose all 3 probes.

3. They do not appear to work.

4. None of those probes even return.

Quote from: Ryan to Team
Two interesting findings.

First: I've discovered another psychic hazard. We've "lost" two sods; they've fallen comatose, but appear to still have full brain functionality. Recommending blacklist.

Second, and this one interests me the most: I may have discovered not only an inhabitable universe, but the standard origin places us into a manufacturing facility. Sending a second probe in, briefly, to get a better analysis of the universe.

Send phase two to 159, 74, 152; I'm assuming it was a warehouse like structure. Use previous video feed to get new coordinates and aim for an empty space.

Blacklist the depersonalization universe and isolate the footage. Have medical team care for sods in an isolated ward and wait for further news.

Send a phase one probe to  16,75,150.

The probe reveals that there is little gravity, micro at best, but there is also very low background radiation. No oxygen, in fact it's nothing but helium in there. Heph does something like that; it keeps the lower levels pressurized with pure nitrogen to prevent fires. For all you can tell you just teleported into alternate universe, space bound heph.

Blacklisting. Sods remain comatose but mentally active.

Null! Page of nulls today!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:07 pm »

Sorry for sending so many probes last turn.  I only meant to send three, but worded it poorly...

1.Just gonna say, Saint is staying in text-only mode, and refuses to look at any video or listen to any audio that anyone sends him.  Especially if the subject line includes things like "Meet Hot Singles In Your Local Multiverse Tonight!"  Anything important can be translated into text by sods.

2.Let's try probing the analverse again.  Send only one probe that is one AU higher in the x dimension.

3.Same as 2, but in the y dimension.  Still only one probe.

4.Same as 2, but in the z dimension.  Still only one probe.

5.Put an automated force infuser (set to infuse with a minor push, and sufficient battery for ten pushes) inside a probe.  Have a sod, also inside the probe, put a little wooden cube on the force infuser whenever it has fallen off.  Send the probe to the cavernverse, the gooverse, the fractalverse, and the analverse, each time activating the automated force infuser once.  Does it fail to function in any of those universes?  Make sure there's a second probe which observes the first one during every activation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2016, 08:19:51 am »

Spiders: If we have remote control over the colors in the color matching ttest, change the wavelengths. let's see if they recognize infrared, ultraviolet, or other distinctions. try a broader spectrum of colors, then a narrower one. Continue this until either they respond as if they recognize the spectrum variation, or we run out of reasonable options on that front.
If we do not have control of the colors, just lock the test and let them pass through to the next challenge.

rusty metal verse: send a second team. require them to climb to the hatch, open it, send some scout eyes through, and retreat to the probe. make sure the probe is armored, and is recording at all times. Also, gonna borrow a page from Syv's book here: send a probe into that universe at a distance of 1000 miles directly "up" from the origin room. make this probe armored and capable of evasive maneuvers. Have it record in all three dimensions, and return in 1 minute.

factoryverse:send a probe in there, again at 1000 miles away from the origin (call it straight up, like the last one), and with the same capabilities and return time.

Quote from: Dester to: Steve Saint
So, the spiders from spider verse do indeed appear intelligent, though they seem to lack color vision. I am continuing tests on them in a safe, rigged environment. they seem to understand the obstacles given them, and are progressing through the testing chambers. It is odd, considering that they seem to be born in this universe already containing that knowledge and skill.

Also, that's quite a jump, moving from a 20 mile separation from your last set of probes, to a 93 million mile one with this set. I understand the desire - to possibly get outside the creature we ported into, but I have a feeling that at this distance, whatever it is will be indistinct or unobservable. Ah well, if you do indeed find your probes exiting into vacuum, it will be noteworthy, and we can continue from there.

Oh, and an away team we sent to what appeared to be an old, decayed factory, was lost during exploration of that world. the room into which they ported remains unchanged, so whatever happened happened nearby but outside of that room. This universe is quite a puzzle.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2016, 12:42:08 pm »

Phase 1 probes to Scratch that. Join Vincent in the analverse instead.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:22:22 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 26, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »

((12, 34, 56 is already done. it's a standard null.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 26, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »

Quote from:  Vincent to: BLOPS Team
It's about time to personally explore the Anal-Verse, It's not an ideal new home, but so far it seems to show the most promise, as such, this phase I will be heading in to do some exploration. Is anyone else going to tag along?
See if I can recruit other BLOPS members to tag along, otherwise I myself will head a phase 5 team of mercs (about 5-6) for an hour into the anal-verse, Mk-3's for all of us (including the mercs), as well as a Sibilus" Rocket/Gauss Hybrid Rifle for each of us (mercs included)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 26, 2016, 09:19:02 pm »

Quote from: Gus to: Vincent
sure ill tag along

((Previous action edited.))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54