Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89243 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #435 on: March 04, 2016, 07:25:55 pm »

((Vincent is so being one of the first humans in that universe))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 04, 2016, 07:27:34 pm »

((I don't think we ever had a female look at the videos?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 04, 2016, 09:02:43 pm »

((Try it with animals too, though the spider idea is incredible.  Hell, use THEM to explore these questionableverses; they're clever enough to solve things.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 04, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »

((Keep in mind the spiders appear to be blind or colorblind, so it would be hard to show them pictures.
You can still show them audio recordings though. Which could create interesting results from Orgyverse.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2016, 09:10:53 pm »

((Try it with animals too, though the spider idea is incredible.  Hell, use THEM to explore these questionableverses; they're clever enough to solve things.))
((We shall create STSs! Just like STIs, but with spiders!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 05, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

Quote from: Dester to: Steve Saint
I believe that, with care and caution, it is within reasonable safety parameters to check out"orgyverse." I blacklisted it more to keep our more impulsive associates from going in unprepared and bringing back another interdimensuional STD than anything. I will authorize your tests. As for testing hte spiders on it, I feel we have yet to understand them well enough for the data you would get to be useful. However, if you would like to bring a set of spiders through for that purpose, go ahead. Oh, and i believe Petra is interested in having a look at that verse as well. let her see some video also, if she wishes. Keep her under observation for unusual activity though.

Addendum: there is a universe which causes our probes and sods to head in a particular direction, seeking "home" when they return to this universe. how do you feel about senidng a probe, with some sods, bringing it straight back to this universe in deep space, and letting it move freely, following it at a distance with another probe armed with missiles to destroy the first probe in case of sudden changes in behavior? I'd kinda like to see where that probe goes. Idoubt it would present a significant threat, as iwt would probably move in one direction, out of direct contact with anything human.

Dester Grants authorization to Saint to do his orgyverse tests.

Send a probe into 5, 0, 0 (the pink slime universe that transfers force really well) at 1 au from the original location. Send another at 1 light year distant. Is the environment the same?

Send probes to each of the recorded waling planets in analverse, to approach their "heads" or top portions. Test if they have atmosphere and if it is similar to the stuff down along the wall of the lumen (that is, if it is nitrogen, methane, and oxygen, or if it is different in composition).

Time permitting, send probes to new universes:
0, 0, -3
0, -3, 0
-3, 0, 0

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 05, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »

((We shall create STSs! Just like STIs, but with spiders!))
((You mean crabs?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 05, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »

Observe the amoeba-thing from a safe distance.

((Question for Piecewise: For future reference- if my character has nothing roll-requiring to do, should I just not post anything? Or is it better to post bolded "do nothing" actions like this one? I don't want to waste your time/clog the thread with meaningless actions, but at the same time I would rather not keep people waiting on me when I don't intend to do anything of consequence.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #443 on: March 08, 2016, 09:14:33 pm »

Quote from: Dester to: Steve Saint
I believe that, with care and caution, it is within reasonable safety parameters to check out"orgyverse." I blacklisted it more to keep our more impulsive associates from going in unprepared and bringing back another interdimensuional STD than anything. I will authorize your tests. As for testing hte spiders on it, I feel we have yet to understand them well enough for the data you would get to be useful. However, if you would like to bring a set of spiders through for that purpose, go ahead. Oh, and i believe Petra is interested in having a look at that verse as well. let her see some video also, if she wishes. Keep her under observation for unusual activity though.

Addendum: there is a universe which causes our probes and sods to head in a particular direction, seeking "home" when they return to this universe. how do you feel about senidng a probe, with some sods, bringing it straight back to this universe in deep space, and letting it move freely, following it at a distance with another probe armed with missiles to destroy the first probe in case of sudden changes in behavior? I'd kinda like to see where that probe goes. Idoubt it would present a significant threat, as iwt would probably move in one direction, out of direct contact with anything human.

Dester Grants authorization to Saint to do his orgyverse tests.

Send a probe into 5, 0, 0 (the pink slime universe that transfers force really well) at 1 au from the original location. Send another at 1 light year distant. Is the environment the same?

Send probes to each of the recorded waling planets in analverse, to approach their "heads" or top portions. Test if they have atmosphere and if it is similar to the stuff down along the wall of the lumen (that is, if it is nitrogen, methane, and oxygen, or if it is different in composition).

0, 0, -3
0, -3, 0
-3, 0, 0

Done.

It's all pink slime, all the time, baby.

Similar composition, different amounts of each gas. Much more oxygen rich, though it is also filled with more organic particulate. There are also other living things down there, living on the larger creature; mountain sized creatures that look vaguely like hermit crabs, though with far more legs and a strange appearance, as though they were made of coiled roots or cord. And atop those creatures are smaller creatures, and atop those even smaller creatures. Infinite regression and progression. Elephants all the way down.

Doesn't return
null
null

DESERTWORLD (-6582,+6684,-9811) EXPLORATION MK II

1) Just to be certain, send a probe in to analyse the topsoil of the desert. No traces of water in the rocks either? Port in one cup of water as well and watch what happens. What does "survivable temp" mean? 70F, 30F, or 100F?

2) Regardless of the outcome, send a probe 1,000 km "up" into the sky. and another 1 AU "up". What do they see? Is it an infinite plane deal or is there other planets?

3) Send a sod in with a canteen of water unless the cup of water from before explodes or something.

One new probe to:
-987,654,-321

Quote from: Ryan to: Team
Found a desert world. Not a trace of water in the air. Going to perform a few tests; send some water in to see if it explodes or something, then send a sod there and some probes into space if everything turns out fine..

The water seems to evaporate abnormally quickly.

Survivable as in you can stand around in it and live. It's about 120-125 F.

The 1000 KM frags

The 1 au shows that the plane of elemental dryness appears to be a perfectly flat, horizontal plane contained within a planetary sized sphere of clear material. it almost looks almost like a planet sized terrarium.

For how long?

Null

1.Keep sending probes towards the gravitational center of the analverse, trying to get as close as possible.  Keep sending probes even if they telefrag, until I've gotten ten telefrags in a row.  Primarily, I'm looking for inorganic material.

2.Send probes outside the boundaries of the lumen of the analverse planet thing.  Is there more darkness, or can we finally see stars?

3.If we can't see stars... Send a probe two  hundred billion light years in any direction.  Send until one returns, or ten have failed.  Still flesh?

4.Send a probe with a sod loaded into it to the paradise 'verse for half an hour.  It can look at monitors and listen to outside sounds while there.  When the sod returns, have it be interviewed by other sods for psychological anomalies.

5.This is a preparation question for succubusverse: Do fleshsods have any sexual drive, or any capability to satisfy it?  Or are they literally and completely asexual?

((Huh.  Thought I had posted an action for last turn. 

Anyway, I'm seriously wondering whether we should really treat these "bait" universes as such.  Presumably, if PW's generator is capable of making horrrible hellscapes, it could make the opposite, right?  Yeah, just going by Murphy's law they're probably terrible, but compared to the universes which make people tear their own skin off, or infect hermetically sealed rabbits with sapient spiders... I can't see the bait universes being much worse.))

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to:BLOPS Lead Dester Gree
I have put some thought into this, and I believe we should initiate unmanned exploration of (-7,-7,-7), which I believe you have titled the "orgyverse".  Are you willing to allow me to do so?

While it is most likely not a suitable universe for colonization, the fact that humans are within it is exceptionally strange.  My initial assumption was that they were an illusion, but unlike most illusions from other universes, they did not immediately cause insanity in those who saw them.  They have also been visibly human to every being who has witnessed the video, which further sheds doubt on the illusion hypothesis.  I believe it would be a good idea to attempt to ascertain what is in that universe.

One experiment I would be significantly interested in is how your spiders react to video from that universe, preferably video which has never been seen by any human--I feel the video may act something like Schrodinger's Cat, remaining nebulous and undefined until a thinking creature has witnessed it, at which point it assumes the form of something which would attract the viewer.
The closest you manage to get is a tiny, thick walled vessel where the gravity is at about 8g. No sign of inorganic material.

Most telefrag, but regardless of the distance, you find no end to the flesh.

You send your probe 200 billion light years away. or wherever considering the margin of error. You end up in some sort of sea of static; thats what it looks like, just a hazy area of black and white with no defined features and readings that make no real sense. There are, however, things moving here. They look like tape worms or sea snakes, swimming in the haze. They're solid black and featureless, but they move as though organic.

The things in the distance seem to remain where they are, all glowing and angelic. The sound outside is not much more than quiet wind and the occasional chiming sound. In all, it's rather boring. Whatever those things are, they have no interest in directly confronting the ship.

Guess that means Im ordering a merc to fly over the ameoba, being careful not to disturb it. We'll all join the merc if all goes well (Im too much of a chicken shit to do it myself. I aint getting absorbed by an ameoba I've seen enough hentai ... I mean what?)

The merc flies over the amoeba, doing his best not to hit it with exhaust. But the Amoeba seems to take notice of him and fires several pseudopods in his direction. He manages to evade them but the creature is pursuing him like a beanbag chair on a mission.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 08, 2016, 11:01:10 pm »

((Lice-ception?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2016, 06:15:57 am »

Prepare messages to speech roll the evac'd refugees into submission. If Charles has any awareness of what's happening on-mission, attempt to prepare speeches to be performed by on-mission people to speech roll yet-to-be-evac'd refugees into submission.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:13:06 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »

"Shit, I was right to be concerned. Everyone keep an eye out! Move away from the ameoba and concentrate fire on it!" Vincent points to one of the merc's "You! You watch behind us while we move backwards, I don't want us being caught off Guard! Time to stay alive until we teleport back" Have all mercs plus myself concentrate fire on the ameoba while backing away from it (Including the merc that is being chased), as well as the psuedopods. Have 1 Merc focus on watching our back so that we dont have anything sneak up on us

(We all have Sibilus Rocket/Gauss Hybrid Rifles as well as MK-3's)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 09, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »

Bukkakeverse:
1.Send a probe 200 billion light years in any random direction in our own universe.  Theoretically, 100 billion is far beyond the limits of the observable universe, and probably outside the limits of the universe itself, if it's finite.

Orgyverse:
2.Sort through our various frozen people, and sort them into a few 5-person groups.  Each group is organized according to gender, sexual orientation, and reproductive capacity.  Preferably, we should have groups that represent each possibility in every category.

3.One at a time, show all those groups footage from the orgyverse, where we found all the naked women.  Do any of the groups see different things in the footage?  Perhaps heterosexual women see men?  Or maybe sterile asexuals see nothing?

4.Do sods have reproductive capability?  And do they have sexual desires?  Or are they already sterile asexuals?

5.Regardless of the results of the previous tests, send a flight-capable probe to the orgyverse, with one of my shard machine guns mounted on top.  Tell the probe that it should hover away from any surfaces, and fire the gun indiscriminately into the crowd, while videotaping the results.  Have it return after ten seconds, but, importantly, make sure no organic being observes the footage for now.

Holyverse:
6.Send two probes to the holyverse.  One should have a LESHO w/ nonnuclear ammo mounted on it.  Direct said probe to shoot at one of the shiny angel things, while the second probe watches.  The second probe will be returned to our own 'verse, but the gun probe will be disposed of in a null 'verse.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2016, 12:31:27 am »

((syv you monster ;_;))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 10, 2016, 07:49:25 am »

Spiders: have a room set up with various common objects in it, each with two buttons in front of it and a speaker nearby. When one button is pressed, have a recording give the object's name. When the other button is pressed, record what the spiders "say" (include motions) and play these sounds (and motions, via a small robotic replica of the spiders) back. after a while of this Do a test run where we make the spider sounds associated with an object, then play a tone near that object. Do that a few times, then play the sounds without the tone, and see if the spiders connect the sounds to the objects. Of course, if we have functional linguists on board who think they can communicate properly, let them do there own language studies too.

dryness glass globe universe if any other globes were observed with the last probe, send probes to those. If not, send new astronomy probes to scout out potential glass sphere locations. Send drones to any sphere so discovered.

-3, -3, 0
-3, 0, -3
0, -3, -3
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54