Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89205 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #525 on: March 27, 2016, 11:44:01 am »

((Let's get the ball rolling then.))

Message to Saint:

The project is coming along nicely. Testing and optimization is still ongoing, but I think we've progressed far enough and rooted out most big issues that we can start thinking about going into field testing. You have been working with the people doing multiverse exploring, correct? Could you send over a summary of what has been found and what has happened in regards to this?

Next to that, I'm thinking of first briefing Dester, see what comments or ideas he has, before moving on and telling the other explorers.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 27, 2016, 04:10:57 pm »

((My apologies for the poor writing in this post, and any inaccuracy; I'm tired and writing mostly from memory.

Ozark, Saint provided all information except for the whole "scientists developing alternate EUE designs and then being murdered" thing.  He just used more words, and gave more details in a couple areas.))

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: General Miyamoto De Bergerac
I agree, very little can be done to improve the project at this point.  I will foward the relevant information to Mr. Gree.

For now, I am going to exclude our long-term plans for existential security.  That information isn't particularly relevant to the black ops team, and they have shown themselves to be remarkably idealistic and naive when it comes to death.

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: BLOPs Lead Dester Gree
Work on the colony modules we will be sending to other universes has largely been completed.  Attached you will find detailed plans and schematics for the entire project, but I will list the highlights here.

Spoiler: Structure and Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Human Element (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: InterUniversal Trade (click to show/hide)

Do you have any questions?  If not, you should share these details with your team, and then we can begin colonizing the safer universes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 27, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »

Message to Saint:

Good enough for me. I'd still like that exploration progress report though when you find the time, I don't feel like wading through all the raw data myself right now. A highlights reel of important events and promising or extraordinary realities will suffice for now.

About those long term plans, I can live with briefing them on that further down the line once we know more. We haven't explored the options on that well enough yet anyway to make up a final working plan, but for now we can focus on getting some functioning colonies going before we move on to that part of the plan. I'm not sure what to make of them being "idealistic and naive when it comes to death", though I'm gonna guess I'll find out when I read that report.

By the way, don't forget to put me in CC and to send through messages from other team members on this topic. I'll likely be coming over to Hep sooner or later to get more involved with the exploration and colonization effort, and I'd like to stay on top of things. That said, I do trust you and that team well enough to work with these colonies without fucking things up first chance there is or without me holding your hand every step of the way, just make sure I'm kept in the loop as far as possible.

((Note, you don't actually need to write everything out in detail, this is mostly an excuse to get Miya the IC m26 info. Could always just abstract it and assume he knows, but at least this gives Saint the opportunity to provide commentary on certain points or go further into a topic should you feel like typing. If not, just 'send over report' or whatever works for me.

And you were right, there are some mistakes/irregularities in that project summary, but Saint got the gist of it right (and I can understand writing from memory while tired would lead to that). We can work out details later or correct mistakes IC'ly if need be.))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:38:19 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 27, 2016, 05:52:26 pm »

Quote from: Dester Gree to: Steve Saint re: colony modules
i have several questions and a couple suggestions

1)Is not the current EUE capable of sending full sized ships? I understand that the "tag" is only several cubic meters in size, but it is certainly capable of sending much lager items than that. The upper limit of it's ability has not been declared to me.

2)What considerations have been made concerning long term handling of both the haebi flesh and the AIs of the colonies, in the event that either should develop traits harmful to humainity? It would be absurdly naive to assume that either will remain a docile and fully functional servant of humanity if left unchecked and unattended. Neither life nor machinery work that way.

3)I have been led to believe that the EUE we have now was the prototype, and took a significant portion of Doctor VonNost's ridiculously long life to design, test, and implement, due in part to the insanely high tolerances necessary for it's function. How confident is the team that has designed these new EUEs that they are not only effective in theory, but workable in alternate universes?

4)recommendation: I suggest we continue seeding the universes with traditional colonies in addition to these controlled incubators. We of ARM have had more success operating with minimal oversight than the citizens of the UWM have had, in regards to survival in difficult circumstances.

5) Is a metauniversal, united humanity the end goal? Communication between universes seems a reasonable goal, to an extent, but, it seems likely to me that human exploration would outpace interconnectivity over time. And considering the prevalence of harmful universes, especially including universes that infect human persons and mnds in such a way as to propagate harmfully through communication, it seems that allowing humanity to spread in isolated threads might be safer over all. I am rather surprised that you, with your rigorous communication protocols and general distaste of other cultures and of the risks of action, would champion such an interconnectivity.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #529 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:29 am »

Authorize an expedition to orgyverse, provided the expedition's plan of action meets Saint's safety concerns. Designate a particular test room exclusive for that team and mission. That continues to look like a remarkably good universe to colonize. or a very well designed trap.

Spiders: press buttons that make the little spider robot dolls move. have it rigged so that certain buttons on the game device light up when the robot moves. Attempt to replicate some of the common motion groupings the spiders display. If we have an idea of what "hello" looks like in their motion structure, do that, and light up a corresponding set of keys. I am trying to map the motion of the real spiders to both the robot toys and to the keypad, in a way that the spiders can tell I am doing so. Hopefully they get the hint and start pressing buttons that make the spider dolls wiggle and dance and devour the souls of the innocent Does this make sense?

Waitingverse Continue to wait for long distance probes to reach glass spheres.

Recursive creatureverse Confirming that we have a few teams establishing base camps and preparing to set up colonies on the upper reaches of the planetcreatures.

Tiem permitting, send probes to new universes:
6, 6, 0
6, 0, 6
0, 6, 6

Ok.

You do this. The spiders seem to associate the lights and the movement of the spider doll. They do it themselves a few times.

Continuing to wait.

Yep. No crisis so far. Everything seems to be going well enough. The local fauna has no interest in the colony, though the colonists report that no matter how close they look they keep finding smaller creatures.

Null
Does not return
Null.

Well, the drill one does its drilling for a while before something gets it from behind and then there's several minutes of jerking around before the feed cuts. Probe apparently came back half digested. The second one rams an ameoba, which then attacks it. Shoulda seen that coming.

What happened to the probe after it was attacked? Check status of the colony in Caveverse
The probe pulled away so as not to be damaged, but the amoeba gave chase as best it could.

Caveverse colony reports some illness due to gravity gradient from lets to head, but over all the colony is proceeding well. Though it is becoming increasingly obvious that survival here would require drastic changes to the world, as they are essentially living on life support using external supplies.

1.Okay the orgyverse expedition, on the condition that the team leader is female.  I.E, either Twinwolf or an NPC.  Furnish them with a shuttle capable of orbit-surface-orbit travel, several robosods, and a QEC linked to a QEC which we will keep in our own universe.  The second QEC will be transferred into the orgyverse every twenty minutes, downloading any useful data and asking the away team if they want to be pulled out, before returning home so that the data can be reviewed.  They will not have a set mission duration.

2.Check up on that probe which was headed to the second planet.  What is OVP-2 like?  Earthlike, without a major civilization, again?

3.Have some scientists dev up a modified braincase which can house and function on a brain from one of the women from the Orgyverse.

4.If 3 succeeded this turn, take two of the still-living women and put their brains inside the modified braincases.  One is our control, and will be left in our universe, while the other will be sent back into the orgyverse for a minute, then ten minutes, then an hour (while the surroundings are recorded by a probe).  Are there ever any notable deviations?

5.Finally, last turn Ozark sent a probe to universe (0,6,0), and what came back caused the viewing sods to leave their booths.  Blacklist that universe, and quarantine both the sods who saw the probe and the videos themselves.  But don't send the probe back unless the quarantined sods start dying or acting dangerously.

6.Ask the quarantined sods what they saw.  Any response?

7.Do a sonar scan of the testing room which contains that probe.  Have a computer program analyze it for deviations from the expected shape.  Anything interesting?

((D'aww, the spiders are adorable!))
1. Okie dokie. I still like how you guys assume it's an all female dimension just because you only saw females in the specific area you were in.

2. Metallic, smooth and unnatural looking. You get the urge to comment about moons and how this probably isn't one. Whatever it is, it's broadcasting something at sub-visible wavelengths towards the inhabited planet.

3. Okie dokie.

4. No noticeable deviations between the two.

5. Alright.

6. No response, but the sods you have listening for you claim to hear metallic banging.

7. Nothing. The scans show only the probe and the sods. Though the sods have rather strangely clung to the pod.

((I'm glad our first real interaction with xenos is not "Everyone kills each other"))

Wonderful, basically human. This is good. Will my haebi arms accept this flesh? Try to assimilate it to bridge the gap between my arms across the back of my shoulders and make them a whole "single" entity.

But wait, if they're all female, how do they procreate? Do they fertilize their own eggs, a la that one kind of lizard, or are they more hermaphroditic, like sea slugs?

Have any spiders died yet? I would like to autopsy one of them if so. If not, leave them be... For now.

Quote from: Ryan to SS
The women are essentially human. Given they are from a different universe, though, there are differences, although mostly cosmetic. I would like a live subject out of the two left for a more... Orthodox method of communication.

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
It may be worth trying to get them to understand our own language, as they have proven their intelligence to be more than capable.

The arms will accept this flesh.

You see no sign of hermaphroditic reproduction. The plumbing, as it were, resembles normal human analogs in all ways except that they only have a single, central ovary of roughly twice the size.

No. Spiders seem to be doing quite well.

Quote from: Gus to: Duster Grew
Thanks boss. We're doing our best to maintain our humanity in here toughe times.

Did you specifically tell h. To kill those women? Because unless you did its not your fault. And I t's not just the killing that mothers me. It's Saint killing innocents for no good reason. This is differed than what we did, and you know it.

I'd take tug up on taut leave idae but I'm not sure if we should be resting while the world is ending. Priorities and all that. But thanks I'll keep it in midnight.

By the way, I found a universe that looks like it has huge thorns and things. You should take a look. I'm gone g to see if this place is all covered in this stuff, or if the probe just happened to land in a bush.

Pokey-verse (Brambleverse?): Send a probe to a location 50 meters higher than the previous probe on the z-axis. Continue sending probes to incrementally higher elevaions, until either we see something of interest or we find the exterior of the bush. If after 10 attempts, we don't see anything, send a probe to a location 50 km higher on the z axis and see what happens.

Time permitting, repeat this process for both the positive and negative directions on each axis.

Other: Find this ship's IT person, if such a person exists, and see if they can "fix" my datapad. If there isn't such a person aboard this ship, see if Hephaestus has something similar and send them the following message:

Quote from: Gus to: Tech people
Sorry to bother you but my data of has been acting weird lately. I keep seeing these red squiggles every tinge I go to type do you think somethings is wrong with my screen maybe ? Also I motived that sometimes it changes my words randomly for no good reason. If you could fix it or send me a new pad that would be great.

The first probe clears the bramble and gives a view of...hmm. Imagine being inside a giant cylinder. Now imagine that cylinder's interior was completely over grown with flowering thorn bushes. Now imagine that the flower part of the thorn bush was several miles in diameter. Thats basically what you see. The flowers are also slowly moving. One to the far left of the probe suddenly seems to vanish into thin air.

Whats wrong with the pad again?

It's interesting that the spiders can be so smart while being so small. Are there any known xenos in our own universe that can get such high intelligence to size ratio?

If there are any deceased spiders around, it would be worth looking into their neural structure, to see if we could reproduce it for more compact wetware computers.

Not all of them are small. Remember, the average size is about the size of a basketball with legs, some are even larger, and there are many that are smaller. The larger ones seem to be the ones actively doing things, the smallest ones are just wandering aimlessly.

Begin pre-recording messages for use by the Mission 27 units. The 'flavor' of the speeches to be recorded should be "Stop rioting and feel bad about yourselves", "Please disregard our violence", "Come with us if you want to live", "Don't you fucking dare carry weapons or attack us" and "You can either stay here, in this doomed universe hoping we don't just nuke your sorry asses out of spite, or you can go through the portal (probably) live".
Heh. Well, you have a lot of char so it might go well.  Done.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 29, 2016, 04:26:33 pm »

4 probes sent to analverse for 4 hours. Have one drill into the intestinal lining while the other watches it (careful to avoid whatever attacked the last one), and keep doing so the entire time. Have another programmed to find an ameoba and ram it, letting the ameoba do whatever it wants to it afterwards, and another probe watch that one avoiding the ameoba's wrath should it turn it's attention on it.... stop being a chicken and just watch the feeds directly this time
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 29, 2016, 07:25:38 pm »

@Gus' datapad: nothing is wrong with it. Gus' mind of -2 is in effect. He is spelling things badly, and the pad is having fits, tossing up error lines everywhere. he is trying to fix the wrong thing, as a person with -2 mind would do.

@Spiders:design a game for the spiders on the comm device that they seem to enjoy so much. Have it involve eating, drinking, exploring an obstacle course, and even interacting with an unknown, potentially friendly, alien entity. include very basic space english language learning tools, and give rewards for completing tasks, especially those involved learningthelanguage and interacting with the weird aliens (that look suspiciously like humans).

@cavernverse look for a larger cavern with a smoother gravity gradiaent. Do this via the standard "send probes at it until something works." Also, send probes to set distances, increasing exponentially, until we are reasonably confident whehave discovered the size of that universe, or have found the outside of it.

message to creatureverse colony: "it's turtles all the way down, bitches."

Probes to new universes:
7, 0, 0
0, 7, 0
0, 0, 7

Quote from: Dester to BLOPS
That second planet in orgyverse is extremely worrying. Any ideas folks?
Also, as suspected, cavernverse is inhospitable as it now is. Any ideas for modifications to it or our colony there for long term viability? My only current hope is to find a much larger cavern with a less drastic gravity gradient, that has usable soil, or at least can sustain soil (we can import large quantities of soil form this universe if necessary, possibly).

Finally, we have sent single probes which didn't return from the universe they were sent to. We have not reexamined those universes at all, though the probe could have simply ported into a bad location within the universe. If anyone wants to send secondary probes to those universes at different entry points, feel free. Personally, I have been acting under the assumption that the universes that don't return our pres are hostile, or at least, not worth our time, since we have just an infinite number of universes to check out as it is.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 29, 2016, 08:09:49 pm »

Send a probe to the unsymmetrical-humen-verse. Look for males. Find out, if possible, what influence we've had on them so far. Are they living in villages, towns, or tribes of sorts?

Abduct three males. Give two to Syv.

With my remaining male (assuming I found them), run some very basic psychology and intelligence tests. Things you'd give an ape. Picture assosiaction, object-centered maths, et cetera.

Oh, harvest some viable eggs from a female; there's bound to be one in the batch of three corpses. Find a male "volunteer" (or use whatever's on hand) and attempt to fertilize the egg. I'm sure we have baby-growing stuff hanging around here. Otherwise, we might as well just implant the egg into a female surrogate "volunteer".And by volunteer I mean whomever happens to look like a good fit at the time.

Quote from: Ryan to Saint
Females are indeed female; My research has led me to believe that these demihumans have evolved much like us, but without the symmetry of most of our systems. Their tissue samples are very similar to our own, even to the point of my haebi-enhanced limbs being willing to accept the flesh.

I am running a search for males now, and will bring three back if found; I trust you will be able to make good use of two of them.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:13:00 pm by Gentlefish »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:46 pm »

(Saint hacked into Gus' datapad last turn and, without Gus' knowing it, installed spell-checking/autocorrect software. As a result, Gus believes that something is wrong with his datapad. Rather than attempt to fix it himself, as he's tempted to do, he's decided to report the "error" to whatever tech support Heph happens to have.)

Brambleverse- Send over a phase two probe. After that, try ramming a probe into one of the flowers. See what happens.

Probes to new Universes:
-777,-777,-777

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 30, 2016, 12:16:11 am »

(((bramble-verse is totaly that soul tearing thorn verse from world of darkness)P
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 30, 2016, 01:49:48 am »

Send the files to the Mission 27 people. Then, because Charle's Fate is too low to dare pray, immediately begin recording messages directed at the Mission 27 people with content along the lines of "What the fuck is wrong with you people? You ought to all stop, feel bad about yourselves and maybe contemplate suicide."

Send a Phase 2 Probe to the Spiderverse, search for "population centers" of sorts to film. The Probe should keep its distance though, lest it spark hostilities.

Send a modified Probe to the Claymore Foil Universe (123,456,789). The probe should be completely covered in modular plating that may be ejected. Have it return to a Null where an observing Probe awaits it and attempt to eject all its plates save for a single small plate left on its top.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 30, 2016, 06:11:11 pm »

Quote from:  Vincent to: Steve Saint    CC: General Miyamoto De Bergerac
I believe we have our first candidate for the first run at the Sharkmist/Haebi supported colonies. 0,9,0 is rich in industrial resources, and is livable with minor issues (The weird gravity is causing issues with the colonists, but nothing severe or lethal as of yet), but as of yet, it hasn't been able to reach self sufficiency. Would the Heabi/Sharkmist system allow for the growth and self sustinence of life support systems? (food, water, air etc.)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 30, 2016, 07:46:06 pm »

((Ugh.  There's a bunch of things I should be answering, but I feel exhausted, and I really don't want to make Saint say something stupid... sagain.  Sorry. :( ))

Orgyverse:
1.Collect as much data about the signal as we can.  Do our scientists think we can replicate it?

2.Set the scoutship to orbit the metallic moon.  Is the signal being broadcasted in all directions, or is it being directed specifically towards OVP-1 [the first planet]?

3.Send an additional two scoutships to the orgyverse, one equipped with significant drilling equipment, and one equipped with a squad of well-armed heavy robosods.  Make them rendezvous with the first scoutship.

Sods Clinging to Probe:
4.Shock all but two of the sods which are clinging to the probe.  Then, equip six normal robosods with sonar equipment, and disable their normal senses.  Send the six into the room, to nonlethally peel the two mindfucked sods off the probe.  Once they're off, send the probe to a null universe, and leave it there.

Bukkakeverse Our universe:

5.Ask the Doctor how long it would take to build a second EUE, which has a carrying capacity sufficient to transfer a QEC and small computer + data storage.  Basically, just a comms probe.

6.Ask him if he thinks such a thing could be built and be functional, in the cavernverse.

Spoiler: Heap Of Responses (click to show/hide)

((The summary for Radiohead comes later.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #538 on: April 01, 2016, 11:44:34 am »

4 probes sent to analverse for 4 hours. Have one drill into the intestinal lining while the other watches it (careful to avoid whatever attacked the last one), and keep doing so the entire time. Have another programmed to find an ameoba and ram it, letting the ameoba do whatever it wants to it afterwards, and another probe watch that one avoiding the ameoba's wrath should it turn it's attention on it.... stop being a chicken and just watch the feeds directly this time

Well, the drilling one appears to insight the wrath of something that looks kind of like the amoeba but is much larger. It seems to extrude straight out of the wall and immediately grabs the drilling probe with a single pseudopod, yanking it into itself and bombarding it with billiard ball sized lysosomes, dissolving the probe.

The amoeba attacks the probe in a similar fashion, absorbing it and dissolving it.

@Gus' datapad: nothing is wrong with it. Gus' mind of -2 is in effect. He is spelling things badly, and the pad is having fits, tossing up error lines everywhere. he is trying to fix the wrong thing, as a person with -2 mind would do.

@Spiders:design a game for the spiders on the comm device that they seem to enjoy so much. Have it involve eating, drinking, exploring an obstacle course, and even interacting with an unknown, potentially friendly, alien entity. include very basic space english language learning tools, and give rewards for completing tasks, especially those involved learningthelanguage and interacting with the weird aliens (that look suspiciously like humans).

@cavernverse look for a larger cavern with a smoother gravity gradiaent. Do this via the standard "send probes at it until something works." Also, send probes to set distances, increasing exponentially, until we are reasonably confident whehave discovered the size of that universe, or have found the outside of it.

message to creatureverse colony: "it's turtles all the way down, bitches."

Probes to new universes:
7, 0, 0
0, 7, 0
0, 0, 7

Quote from: Dester to BLOPS
That second planet in orgyverse is extremely worrying. Any ideas folks?
Also, as suspected, cavernverse is inhospitable as it now is. Any ideas for modifications to it or our colony there for long term viability? My only current hope is to find a much larger cavern with a less drastic gravity gradient, that has usable soil, or at least can sustain soil (we can import large quantities of soil form this universe if necessary, possibly).

Finally, we have sent single probes which didn't return from the universe they were sent to. We have not reexamined those universes at all, though the probe could have simply ported into a bad location within the universe. If anyone wants to send secondary probes to those universes at different entry points, feel free. Personally, I have been acting under the assumption that the universes that don't return our pres are hostile, or at least, not worth our time, since we have just an infinite number of universes to check out as it is.

Ah. Well then.
[1]
He fixes it by snapping it over his knee.

Done. When you introduce it to them, they seem to stare at the cameras in a very...sarcastic fashion. As though to say "This is getting a little recursive, isn't it?". It's an odd thing, to be sassed by a spider. Regardless, they seem to understand the textual form of English to a degree; at least in terms of direct associations between objects and their words, so long as the object is concrete. Abstract words or words that don't have an anchor to a physical object seem to confuse them. They connect whatever the word is to the descriptive image. As though "Hello" were the name of a man waving and greeting someone, not the action.

You do probe searches but they do not discover a place with smoother gravity gradients, just places with less or more gravity at ground level. Perhaps one with lower gravity at ground level would be better because the gradient would be less noticeable?

I'm sure the colonists will appreciate that.

First one lands in what appears to be a fungal bed under a dark purple sky. Humanoid fungal men surround it and carefully inspect it with sensitive tendrils before the probe returns.

Other two are null.

Send a probe to the unsymmetrical-humen-verse. Look for males. Find out, if possible, what influence we've had on them so far. Are they living in villages, towns, or tribes of sorts?

Abduct three males. Give two to Syv.

With my remaining male (assuming I found them), run some very basic psychology and intelligence tests. Things you'd give an ape. Picture assosiaction, object-centered maths, et cetera.

Oh, harvest some viable eggs from a female; there's bound to be one in the batch of three corpses. Find a male "volunteer" (or use whatever's on hand) and attempt to fertilize the egg. I'm sure we have baby-growing stuff hanging around here. Otherwise, we might as well just implant the egg into a female surrogate "volunteer".And by volunteer I mean whomever happens to look like a good fit at the time.

Females are indeed female; My research has led me to believe that these demihumans have evolved much like us, but without the symmetry of most of our systems. Their tissue samples are very similar to our own, even to the point of my haebi-enhanced limbs being willing to accept the flesh.

I am running a search for males now, and will bring three back if found; I trust you will be able to make good use of two of them.

The influence you seem to have had is to cause every other member of the species in the area to run away. I mean, you, well not you personally but the probes, fucking gunned down or kidnapped dozens of them, you can't really blame them for not wanting to be there anymore. Closer inspection of the dead outside the small tent like enclosure that you port into  shows that there are indeed males. They are nude as well, though they also have tools strapped to their body using leather cords. Hmm. Intelligent, but not overtly so. They seem to be living in very primitive homes, tents and mud huts. You can find no males and indeed no living members of the species near by. Just lots of jungle.

(Saint hacked into Gus' datapad last turn and, without Gus' knowing it, installed spell-checking/autocorrect software. As a result, Gus believes that something is wrong with his datapad. Rather than attempt to fix it himself, as he's tempted to do, he's decided to report the "error" to whatever tech support Heph happens to have.)

Brambleverse- Send over a phase two probe. After that, try ramming a probe into one of the flowers. See what happens.

Probes to new Universes:
-777,-777,-777

Phase two probe seems fine and when you ram the flower, nothing happens. The flower doesn't vanish though, so maybe you rammed the wrong one?

The probe comes back wrapped in a brown, dusty looking filament and several pieces of it are missing, including the cameras and on board computer.

Send the files to the Mission 27 people. Then, because Charle's Fate is too low to dare pray, immediately begin recording messages directed at the Mission 27 people with content along the lines of "What the fuck is wrong with you people? You ought to all stop, feel bad about yourselves and maybe contemplate suicide."

Send a Phase 2 Probe to the Spiderverse, search for "population centers" of sorts to film. The Probe should keep its distance though, lest it spark hostilities.

Send a modified Probe to the Claymore Foil Universe (123,456,789). The probe should be completely covered in modular plating that may be ejected. Have it return to a Null where an observing Probe awaits it and attempt to eject all its plates save for a single small plate left on its top.

Done.

By this do you mean send a probe in and have it fly towards one of the large cocoons floating in space?

By "Eject" do you mean fly off or simply detach?

((Ugh.  There's a bunch of things I should be answering, but I feel exhausted, and I really don't want to make Saint say something stupid... sagain.  Sorry. :( ))

Orgyverse:
1.Collect as much data about the signal as we can.  Do our scientists think we can replicate it?

2.Set the scoutship to orbit the metallic moon.  Is the signal being broadcasted in all directions, or is it being directed specifically towards OVP-1 [the first planet]?

3.Send an additional two scoutships to the orgyverse, one equipped with significant drilling equipment, and one equipped with a squad of well-armed heavy robosods.  Make them rendezvous with the first scoutship.

Sods Clinging to Probe:
4.Shock all but two of the sods which are clinging to the probe.  Then, equip six normal robosods with sonar equipment, and disable their normal senses.  Send the six into the room, to nonlethally peel the two mindfucked sods off the probe.  Once they're off, send the probe to a null universe, and leave it there.

Bukkakeverse Our universe:

5.Ask the Doctor how long it would take to build a second EUE, which has a carrying capacity sufficient to transfer a QEC and small computer + data storage.  Basically, just a comms probe.

6.Ask him if he thinks such a thing could be built and be functional, in the cavernverse.

Spoiler: Heap Of Responses (click to show/hide)

((The summary for Radiohead comes later.))
((The band radiohead is watching the game? Didn't expect that!))

1. The signal is an odd one. It's broadcasting very widely, blanketing the inhabited planet. Scientists believe they can can replicate it, but they also warn that it seems to have biological effects. It seems to be interfering with 4th level protein formation in certain cases. They say there should be no immediate danger but they don't know what the long term effects would be.

2.Directly at the planet. And as you orbit the metallic moon from a distance, the probe notices what looks like automated defensive systems. Not unlike our own autolasers.

3. Done.

4. You do this. It seems to work and as soon as the probe is gone, the sods return to normal.

5. He says it would take a while to set up the infrastructure, but that once it is ready small EUE's shouldn't take too long to manufacture individually.

6. He doesn't know. Theoretically it should work but it's never been tested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 01, 2016, 02:40:40 pm »

It seems your wanton massacre has affected the tribe. They're now running from our probes.

I would like to request an excursion to the planet. For plant and tissue samples, for contagions, and to hopefully rectify the situation so they are not so fearful of their new masters.

I would require, if allowed, a botanist, microbiologist, six interns (two each for the scientists and two medical interns for me), four non-sod guards, and equipment to match.

Fuck it, we're going live. Take the above mentioned and deploy a km away from the tribe. Have a probe return every 3 hours so I can request additional supplies and what not, or begin to mount an evac in case of hostiles. Also take along some equipment to get an idea of what the giant planet thing is doing to this planet, and some countermeasures to preserve our own life. Also include what amounts to a FoB.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:15:43 pm by Gentlefish »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54