Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89235 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #750 on: June 08, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »

Launch whoever is going to the planet with the ring with a shuttle, sharksuits for all, assorted odds, but no ends, and something like a shield generator for the shuttle. And any personal equipment that is standard on a mission at this stage of the game, including a healthy supply of meals ready to eat and a load of t-shirts with dinosaurs on them.

((Ahh, good old body-theft flashbacks.))

Something something waiting something. See if our cross-universal selves are curious enough to actually enter the camp.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 10, 2016, 11:24:11 am »

Volunteering for trip to the planet with rings.

This is not self organizing very well.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 11, 2016, 11:56:58 am »

((Action edited))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #753 on: June 11, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »

Our newbies seem strangely absent...Where is everyone? Sy can't send you to your death if you don't report in! Do they just not know where to go?

Send a probe into Orgyverse to modify the datapads to initially display an image of how to start using the datapads.  Wait a bit and then send a second probe to see if that allowed for any progression.

Send a probe into Spiderverse.  Any progression?

Send a colony into Factoryverse, with an EUE with Hephaestus' anchor ID, 5 IDs for anchors meant for ark ships, and matter converters to produce food, water, and air as needed from goo (use the EUE to take matter from Gooverse).  They should start building equipment to create and refill QECs to trade with ark ships.  A1, B3, H1.  Send Joan's clone with the colony.

The ark ships should have EUEs (and the right anchor ID) to trade with the Factoryverse colony.  No QECs other than a few on probes to communicate with Factoryverse.  They can refill QECs, and get scrap and other materials, from Factoryverse when they need to be resupplied.  As for the weapon thing, just outfit the ship with weaponry similar to that of our warships.

If we can produce one of the ships this turn, stand near it (after a sod enters the ship) and press B1, B3, H1 and see what happens.

Perform a brain transplant on the werewolf sod after rendering it unconscious using the controls for the testing room.  Switch brains with a healthy sod.  Make sure both are restrained.  Fix the nerve damage, then see if they are both mindless when they wake up.

Place another sod in restraints, give it a will stim, then make an incision on the sod's arm using the crystalline projector bayonet installed in aux-controlled medical equipment.

As a separate, unrelated action: place crystalline projector nearby.  B1, B5, H1 (disassembly test).  B1, B7, H1 (repair test), B1, C4, G4, H1 (invisibility attempt).
They still don't seem to understand. They are confirmed for not very bright.

They seem to have made some progress but it is very random. They will make large strides in some places and then take a very long time in others. Perhaps it has to do with the ideas or concepts inherent in our language.

Done.

Done.

That replicates one of the guns, and select sections of the decks, but not the whole ship.

The brain transplant is successful and the healthy sod brain appears able to control the werewolf body effectively and obediently. The other brain continues to be uncontrollable and feral.

I'm not certain this is as it was presented, but the transformation via crystalline projector is endurance, not will.

It breaks it into individual parts, but the attempt to repair does nothing.  that causes the projector's colors to become less pronounced and trend towards white, but it remains opaque.

Alright. Get a crew together for universe UF(30,318,608). Try to get a shuttle that has light hex-plate armoring for micro-meteorites impacts as we explore the ruin ring. Also attempt to get a QEC to stay in contact with the probe, when the probe 'ports between UF and Heph, so that can we explore farther and not be presumed lost.

Damnit. Posted while PW was doing the turn. Let's try this again.
Shuttle I can give you. Other is up to sy.

Otherwise, you're good to go.

Volunteering for trip to the planet with rings.

This is not self organizing very well.
Also good to go with him.

Launch whoever is going to the planet with the ring with a shuttle, sharksuits for all, assorted odds, but no ends, and something like a shield generator for the shuttle. And any personal equipment that is standard on a mission at this stage of the game, including a healthy supply of meals ready to eat and a load of t-shirts with dinosaurs on them.
Alright, guess someone is going behind sy's back for the sake of expediency, thats fine.

Volunteer for renegadelobster's trip.
Done.

At this point, one of you guys either needs to pilot the ship or just tell it to get going.

Where is your destination once you get there by the way Rings or planet?

1.Wonder where all the other M26 people went. 

2.Send an orbital probe to UB "Caveyverse".  I want to know what the planet looks like up top, and starting expeditions from below is probably a bad idea anyway.

3.Send an orbital probe to UE "Zappyverse".  This time, I more want to know what the solar system is like, and whether the planet looks artificial from orbit.

4.Send a collection of orbital probes to UD "Moveyverse".  Have them keep track of mountains, and map their migratory habits.

5.Send probes to UB through UF (the last five), for the express purpose of examining the universes as wholes.  Are they all like UA, with a cosmology that is broadly similar to that of our own universe?

6.Let's get some video and details on the Armory Master.  She's doing better, but how much better?  Concious?

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to:General Milno Enedrasi
The Armory Master has been successfully transferred into universe (-7,-7,-7).  Its vitals seem to have improved, and I have attached to this message all the recorded data on it.
Good question

The planet appears to be a rather inhospitable place up top. Not mercury "raining heavy metals" bad but 130 F deserts across 90% of the surface bad.

Everything looks natural, it's just the planet that is weird. Though there are also several asteroid rings that look suspiciously new.

They appear to flow following laws of fluid dynamics, as thought they were enormous rock waves. They even merge and split and ripple off in different directions.

From what we can tell, they're all broadly similar, though with a few differences. Namely, those where origin tech works have signs of big bang like events, while those where they don't work are lacking those signs.

She's conscious and does not appear to be having any trouble controlling herself or her powers. She does report that this universe "Feels different" as though it were similar but not quite the same. She says she can tell there's an origin here too, or something very much like it.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 11, 2016, 02:30:01 pm »

A1, B3, H1.  Ask Joan's clone to repeat the werewolf brain transplant process on Joan.  Keep Joan's original body in stasis.

Send a sod to the colony's EUE to ask the following questions before returning and reporting: is the colony having any problems?  Do they think that they will be able to settle this universe long term?

Ask a few scientists to look over the ark ship.  Can they see any problems with it as it currently exists?

Ask a linguist to try to develop a new language that will be fairly easy to understand for both humans and spiders.  Use data from the game.

Get another projector.  Place another sod in restraints, give him an end stim (thanks), then make an incision on the sod's arm using the crystalline projector bayonet installed in aux-controlled medical equipment.

Find a wooden stick.  Almost break it, but not quite, in half.   B1, B7, H1 (test repair again).  B1, C1, G4, H1 (stick will not reflect light?).  B1, A2, H1 (?).

Send a suited werewolf-sod into Werewolfverse for 2 seconds equipped with Mad Hatter set to 50% before returning.  Don't observe the sod.  If he isn't feral (based on responding via comms), ask him what he saw.  If he is feral, euthanize him and extract the video from his suit.  Have another sod view the video with Mad Hatter set to 75%.

Look into the creation of satellites which contain the conscious minds of hundreds or thousands of humans in digital form.  Is this possible?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:02:40 pm by ZBridges »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 11, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »

I suppose autopilot works well enough. I vote we go to rings first.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 11, 2016, 04:09:28 pm »

I'd like to check out the ring as well.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 11, 2016, 08:31:48 pm »

((I had not quite understood my equipment duties...))

Okay, from now on, no equipment is provided to newbie teams without them asking for it.  If they do request equipment, they must provide a reason why it would be useful on their expedition.  And yes, I will personally vet each request and add it to their pages.

The expedition that just started can keep their stuff, though.  I'm just posting so that people are aware how I've decided to do it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 11, 2016, 08:45:14 pm »

The wait for Xan and Spaz continues
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 12, 2016, 12:36:15 am »

Be useful. Do what I'm told. Don't get killed.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 12, 2016, 01:14:59 am »

I'll ride along with the ring explorers. Got nothing better to do. Request sharksuit, advanced medkits, an npc doctor who is to remain in the shuttle, a force infuser, and a heavy armored exoskeleton. Or, the best comparable equipment.

I'll purchase the personal equipment if necessary, as i haven't the level up from m26 necessary to purchase perfected regeneration.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 12, 2016, 04:24:22 am »

((Ahh, good old body-theft flashbacks.))

Something something waiting something. See if our cross-universal selves are curious enough to actually enter the camp.

Spoiler: Senpai pls (click to show/hide)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 12, 2016, 01:09:26 pm »

((...and I'm back. Sorry, some shit happened and I didn't have time to grab my phone. Anyways.))

I agree with the group. Let's go to the ring. Use autopilot to approach.

Let's not pull any combat burns going up there, try and approach non-threateningly as possible. Look for an airlock to enter through if possible.

Once we get up there, look back over the planet, see if maybe there are some other structures we can see.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 12, 2016, 03:02:44 pm »

I'll ride along with the ring explorers. Got nothing better to do. Request sharksuit, advanced medkits, an npc doctor who is to remain in the shuttle, a force infuser, and a heavy armored exoskeleton. Or, the best comparable equipment.

I'll purchase the personal equipment if necessary, as i haven't the level up from m26 necessary to purchase perfected regeneration.

He gets the sharksuit for free, 'cause everyone else is getting one and it's only fair, and he gets a advanced kit, because apparently he's the closest thing to a Doctor on the mission.

Nothing else from me though.  I suppose he might get the doctor, since he's in charge of a bunch of NPCs who I have no command over.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 12, 2016, 08:06:25 pm »

I'm taking all the medical equipment from the stock we brought from M23 anyway. That is, I am not taking all of the stock that we brought. Rather, all the medical equipment I am taking is coming from that stock.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54