Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 274323 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2625 on: November 17, 2017, 12:38:43 pm »

"Reply: Negative. This unit is currently running the messenger parameters to deliver to designation:[Professor Dask].
Gratitude: Thank you for your time."

That went smoothly/ Go over to Professor Dask's office now that I know where it is, and politely knock.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: November 21, 2017, 04:30:23 pm »

((Ozarck, where are youuuu? :'( Come back to us, please. I promise we'll be good.
Edit: omg he's online! He came back! Hooray! c:))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:44:04 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: November 21, 2017, 04:33:29 pm »

((Now that I remember, what happened to Grunts: Second Wave?))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: November 22, 2017, 08:46:49 am »

It's all comfy being folded up like this.  Like when I was in that egg.

Try to use my tail to start myself spinning around the roll axis.  Whee!
(5) you get going really fast, and the world opens up before you. It's BIG!

Start filling out the forms, curse bureaucracy
(3) soooo tedious. you eventually finish up and hand the stack back.

"Woo! Suffer, bitch!"

Punctuate my statement with a groin stomp to make sure he won't get back up. Then keep moving, keep both other goblins in my sight. Try to maneuver them so I can attack one at a time.
Groin stomp auto succeeds, and that gobbo is out for the count. (2) But you are rushed by the other two. No time to separate them now!

Stow the Arbalist so the strings don't get wet, and pick my axe back up.
Stow? Another intelligence roll, then. (3) You chuck the Arbalest off to the side, toward what looks like firm ground, slightly above the level of the swamp. (1) you miss, and the Arbalest sinks with an unsatisfying plop! (4) and you plunge headfirst into the water to fish out your muck-laden Axe. You stand, covered in grime. Your axe is likewise grimy. And the enemy is upon you once more.

Spoiler: pointless stuff (click to show/hide)
Can I ask for a rematch with the troll again? Also request someone to explain to me what just happened (since I don't know IC about brands and the omega legion at all).
IC, everyone knows about the brands. you get yours before being transported to the Omega Base. It identifies you as an 0mega. That means you were already conscripted into the Legion. It's how you got here. If you prefer, I'll antiretcon and let you fight with seven and a half tentacles against three angry crocs and a raging troll. No rematches if you keep the retcon instead.
Also, don't worry about it. If you get confused, ask. People here will help, or I will. I'm not trying to make the game unpleasant. Really. No, really.

Hmmm...I'm not sure if I'm to go on that kind of a mission...but since you brought it up I might like to try it out, so I'll be asking around about how to get there and (maybe) who can go with. That being said, I accept your offer with thanks and a promise to repay you upon my return...if any and if I manage to find something to repay you with...depending on what you prefer.

Say it and...well I guess wait for a reply...

"Well, keep an eye out for exotic ingredients, obviously. I'll collect fro mwhat you return with. Otherwise, I'l collect a favor later." You recieve the potions and whatever that I said you were getting. Put them in your character sheet.

"... as for training in 'not dying,' well, there are so may ways to die. It would take forever to train you against all that."
"Well... I been doin' a fair-good job'f it so far, by my reckonings."
Thrips attempted a wry, dashing grin as he spoke, the kind of expression he imagined a seasoned adventurer would wear, but the effect was no doubt mostly ruined by his lacklustre enunciation and wildly careening lazy eye.

Thrips attempts to crack a joke, before embarking on a training course consisting of a mixture of options B and C.
Pure "B" is tempting, but it would be nice if he could gain some useful skills as opposed/in addition to advanced basket-weaving or trigonometry or whatever gag skills the GM's twisted mind is likely to come up with.

His wry grin is also marred by a sudden, inexplicable bout of drool, which, unfortunately, is punctuated by a loud, violent sneeze. "I'b so sorry" Thrips mutters in the general direction of his victims.
"So, you want to be trained, eh?" A voice asks rhetorically. Thrips looks around, up, down, and isnide his own pockets looking for the owner of the voice. "is that you, God?"
"I've been called worse things." A man materializes beside Thrips. Well, to be honest, maybe the guy was there the whole time? hard to say really. But before Thrips can really piece together what just happened, the man begins to talk, and Thrips begins to listen. Before he knows it, Thrips is alone again, standing on a cliff overlooking the Omega Base, with a rather confused memory of the trip up. He does remember that he has a task now. He must bring the contents of a troll's pockets to ... someone. In the dining hall. In one hour.

((training commenced for thievery and persuasion. Thrips is excellent at being unnoticed, and pretty solid at humanoid interaction, so he's getting a crash course in that as well. Isuppose you could leverage your cooking ability to alchemy or potions if you really want to though))

"Hrm. A poacher? A hunter who hunts with disregard to human laws? You have a funny sense of right and wrong."

((This is my bad, Druidic is hard to actually translate, though Dar would have used it to express that term, since it doesn't really exist in English.  Fix'd, in this post.))

As he always does when he meets a new being, Dar will examine its nature and try to determine what it is, and where its origins lie.  While doing so...

Dar stops struggling, but bristles at the insult, his eyes narrowing dangerously.  After carefully considering his words for several seconds, he replies sarcastically in druidic.  "Jat, Quara popurka Qothasa hazura.  Bo Rhogurirenrij va kor jajo, dov?"

He continues to glare for several seconds after that question, but eventually gives a defeated sigh--which comes out as a hiss.  "What does it demand of this one?  Cat is defeated, it is aware."
(5) Well, Dar learns that it's a sapient tree - ancient by the standards of all living things, though this particular treant may not be considered old by it's own kind. This one's origins are on an intersect plane between the Prime plane and the plane of Sunlit Rock. A plane full of greenery, full of energy. A  plane of solidity and permanence. Dar notes that this creature is very much linked with nature. Even Omega base seems more alive whee he walks. More real, more permanent. Dart senses this one's link to Omega is a link of vibrancy and power. Furthermore, Dar knows clearly that this one is very much his superior in service to Nature.

"Defeated? Ah, captured and conquered in battle. Yes, you are that. You were defeated the moment that Mark appeared on your skin and fur. But what I seek is not defeat, but victory. You are corrupted. You have become poisonous, an erosion of life.

Hrmm. There is a place for such within the Circle of Being. Yes. A virus is also a part of Nature. Does that appeal to you? You, who once loved? Who once protected? Wil you now tear apart all around you in your bitterness?"

The Treant places Dar on a soft bed of grass, next to a small pool of clear water.

"Do you hunger, little predator?"

"Reply: Negative. This unit is currently running the messenger parameters to deliver to designation:[Professor Dask].
Gratitude: Thank you for your time."

That went smoothly/ Go over to Professor Dask's office now that I know where it is, and politely knock.
You do so. After a moment of shuffling and an indistinct response form within, the door opens. A lean, tall humanoid with liquid green hair pouring down his shoulders, and bright yellow eyes looks out at you. "Good afternoon. May I help you?"

((Ozarck, where are youuuu? :'( Come back to us, please. I promise we'll be good.
Edit: omg he's online! He came back! Hooray! c:))
oops, sorry.

((Now that I remember, what happened to Grunts: Second Wave?))
I got overwhelmed. I really enjoy Grunts, but it is a lot of GM work, especially in addition to Omega. If this game ends, I will consider taking Grunts up again.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: November 22, 2017, 09:23:28 am »

Oooh!  Lets go somewhere different from Omega.

Unfold my wings and begin flying again.  Maybe along the seacoast?  Or around some high mountains?  Or over some sandy desert?  Just somewhere new.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: November 22, 2017, 09:24:45 am »

Continue to wait, try to see ifthey have a water despensor or something...maybea cofee machine. Something while I wait to be told what to do.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:43:30 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: November 22, 2017, 09:34:54 am »

Find a source of water where to swim and relax, then try to find someone interesting to talk or eat.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: November 22, 2017, 07:11:34 pm »

Drop to my knees as they charge in and break a leg as they charge in - catch an ankle with one hand and smash the accompanying knee to the inside with the other, basically. Then either dodge roll away or scramble out if the one who I attack ends up falling on top of the other guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: November 25, 2017, 10:05:15 am »

Clunkers cocks his head slightly to the side in a stiff and robotic manner.

"Query: Is this unit speaking to [Professor Dask]?"

If the answer is no: "Further query: Could you be so kind as to point this unit towards the current location of [Professor Dask]?"

If the answer is yes: Clunkers will ease up on the overly robotic mannerisms so long as nobody else in the vicinity. "Reply: Greetings, professor Dask. This one is an Omega Operative. This one has come to pick you up, could we discuss this in private?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: November 27, 2017, 09:18:56 am »

For those of you who have responses, they are resolved at the bottom of the post.

Everyone assume your character finishes whatever they are doing in time for this briefing. Feel free to continue posting actions for those things (especially you, Pancaek).

That said, here are the mechanics of the mission. First, you will be allowed to make whatever preparations is within our power to achieve.

Second, we will drop you in one of three locations: Outside, near one of the poles, somewhere along the perimeter in a room near the edge of the planet, or someplace further in. The choice is yours. The first is safest, though furthest from the goal. The third is most risky, as we have little knowledge of the interior of the planetoid, but it could save you weeks of travel. the second option is similar to how we inserted the first team some months ago.That mission did not start well, and it only got worse.

Third, you will travel inward. Find the Heart. You will be provided with tools with which to sever the connection of the Heart to the rest of the planetoid, and additional tools with which to return the Heart here.

Expect roving monsters, a few possibly nomadic bands, and perhaps a more complex civilization of sorts further in. Expect the dangers of decay, scavengers, desperate beings, and simple environmental problems. Expect your teammates to cause you an endless stream of troubles. Expect, in short, unlimited possibilities for failure.

Those who go will be rewarded for the effort, in whatever way is within our power to do. And if you succeed, Omega will be authorized to grant you each a Boon of your choosing.

Questions?

syv, the Treant is essentially offering to lead Dar into balance with nature at the cost of his vendetta. whether Dar accepts or not, the Treant will get him to the mission briefing, after alerting him that his new dragon friend is up and about, unmolested by mechanical magicks.

Oooh!  Lets go somewhere different from Omega.

Unfold my wings and begin flying again.  Maybe along the seacoast?  Or around some high mountains?  Or over some sandy desert?  Just somewhere new.

Freddy wakes up, leg healed and strong as ever.

Continue to wait, try to see ifthey have a water despensor or something...maybea cofee machine. Something while I wait to be told what to do.
Someone offers you a small drink, which you accept and drink. Shortly thereafter, you are issued into a lieutenant's office. "Let's resolve this quickly, if we can. You are due to be briefed on a mission. What can I do for you?"

Find a source of water where to swim and relax, then try to find someone interesting to talk or eat.
Best you find is a bit of a mud wallow under an overhang. But then, an announcement for a mission briefing disturbs your rest

Drop to my knees as they charge in and break a leg as they charge in - catch an ankle with one hand and smash the accompanying knee to the inside with the other, basically. Then either dodge roll away or scramble out if the one who I attack ends up falling on top of the other guy.
(3) v (4)(4) you manage to keep inside the reach of their weapons, dodging between them and making them interfere with each other's swings, but you only manage to land a few glancing blows. (3) v (4)(2) after a few more passes like this, you manage to land a solid blow to one of the goblins, while the other sends you flying with a solid backthrust. A ref calls the match for the sole surviving gobbo, but hey, you beat the point spread.

Clunkers cocks his head slightly to the side in a stiff and robotic manner.

"Query: Is this unit speaking to [Professor Dask]?"

If the answer is no: "Further query: Could you be so kind as to point this unit towards the current location of [Professor Dask]?"

If the answer is yes: Clunkers will ease up on the overly robotic mannerisms so long as nobody else in the vicinity. "Reply: Greetings, professor Dask. This one is an Omega Operative. This one has come to pick you up, could we discuss this in private?"
The being blinks and visibly changes shade, but, after a moment of silence, he gestures you in with a weak smile. "I didn't ... If it's not too much to ask, lock the door when you leave, and alert the Provost. I'd hate for a student to come and find my body.

I didn't even realize my research would offend Her Majesty. Oh, I hope this doesn't stain the assistants or students. They don't deserve any blame. None of them do."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:24 am »

Do we get any kind of gear before the mission? I want some magic jewellery since I can't use weapons or armor. Any kind of magic ring would be fine.
I vote for drop location 3 and ask if we can have any equipment for the mission like rings for my tentacles.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: November 27, 2017, 10:59:55 am »

Try to figure out what exactly happened to me before going to the mission. check to see if the chains come off him. Oh yeah and remember to get a sword this time.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:02:41 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: November 27, 2017, 11:37:56 am »

Go run about on the new leg for a bit.  Where am I?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: November 27, 2017, 03:15:14 pm »

Clunkers will remain unmoving, standing still like only a construct can.

"Polite reply: Please, do not panic. It seems you are mistaken in this one's mission. Allow this one to clarify.

Begin playback:

"There's an expert on runic portals in Strashfern. Name of Enning Dask. We require his expertise. He is to be treated as a guest, and not as a hostile, a prisoner, or an Omega. The University is whee you will find him."
End Playback.

Query: Do you understand?"

Explain to the good professor that I am not a murderbot send here to murderize him.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: November 28, 2017, 07:33:52 pm »

Welp...I appear to be set...so I guess I'll ask around for how to get to the "rusty...thing in the sky" but don't go yet untill I have a capable team. (Also since I got these potions...were my plants used up...or do I still have them?)
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 194