Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002065 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1815 on: April 22, 2016, 01:22:35 am »

Why would they bomb a Sikh temple? Seems like a weird target.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1816 on: April 22, 2016, 01:23:46 am »

Same reason they'd bomb anything else, I suppose.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 22, 2016, 01:38:52 am »

To avenge Sikh/German bombing Syria? To kill moderate muslims sikh leaders? Because Sikh represent Israel?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 22, 2016, 01:50:17 am »

Because Sikhs are just as infidel as Christians
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 22, 2016, 02:06:21 am »

Because Sikhs are just as infidel as Christians

Yeah, and in their theology, infidels aren't something to be massacred, but to be dominated. Unless they fight back, in which case you can massacre them ofc. If their were teens, I guess you can't expect them to be even moderately coherent though.

Anyway, I'm just surprised, because Sikh aren't their main target, so I was wondering if there was something to know about this.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 22, 2016, 03:53:46 am »

I'd find it more likely that the Sikh temple would be bombed by right-wing extremists than by salafists. Sikh are often mistaken for muslims, just because they wear turbans, and have been the victim of anti-muslim attacks before.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 22, 2016, 08:36:33 am »

I'd find it more likely that the Sikh temple would be bombed by right-wing extremists than by salafists. Sikh are often mistaken for muslims, just because they wear turbans, and have been the victim of anti-muslim attacks before.

Even here in the US.

Maybe those guys mistook them for shiia or something? Who knows....

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 22, 2016, 09:07:10 am »

To avenge Sikh/German bombing Syria? To kill moderate muslims sikh leaders? Because Sikh represent Israel?

Because they're angry 16 year old Salafist radicals. The Sikhs are a different religion, no further justification is needed.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 22, 2016, 04:49:11 pm »

Sikhs and Muslims have a long, nasty history. This really isn't out of character for Islamists.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 23, 2016, 05:57:14 am »

Sure. What is that history? Because I'm not aware of it. (And I'm not tryng to be snarky. I've just not seen Sikh being attacked by Islamists in the west yet (where Sikh are a tiny minority and there are plenty of other, more likely target, so I'm trying to understand the context here).

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 23, 2016, 07:12:34 am »

Perhaps they wanted to kill jews, but found out that jewish sites are nowadays better protected than (Belgian) nuclear power plants, and improvised on the Sikh

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 23, 2016, 08:46:04 am »

Sure. What is that history? Because I'm not aware of it. (And I'm not tryng to be snarky. I've just not seen Sikh being attacked by Islamists in the west yet (where Sikh are a tiny minority and there are plenty of other, more likely target, so I'm trying to understand the context here).

Sikhism was persecuted by Muslims in it's early days. One of the 10 Gurus of the faith was supposedly executed by a Muslim emperor for refusing to convert to Islam, as well as a century or two of oppression.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: April 23, 2016, 04:58:35 pm »

The Dutch columist Ebru Umar has been arrested in Turkey by the police.
She told the paper Metro, one of the Dutch newspapers she writes for, that she is now standing behind locked iron gates at the police station.
She would have gone to the hospital as well (which is required by law to prove with 'before' and 'after' pictures that there is no torture done during police questioning), but for some reason this was cancelled.

Last week she wrote in the Metro about the call-out by the Turkish consulate to Turks in the Netherlands, and compared it to NSB practices (the NSB was the party which collaborated with the German occupants and ratted on a lot of jews and resistance fighters, which I mentioned earlier), and wrote 'to each Netherturk that actually supports this call-out by the consulate to play NSB, and rat out Dutch people in the Netherlands that have an opinion about Sultan Erdogan, the greatest dictator Turkey has known since the foundation of the Turkish republic in 1932: Go fuck yourself"

The ministry of foreign affairs has already contacted the embassy in Ankara, and is on the case.

the parliamentary faction of the governing liberal party has already summoned the Dutch minster of foreign affairs, and demanded he "considering the worrisome development and the deteriorating state of affairs considering press freedom in Turkey, could the minister of state please inform the parliament with the greatest urgency, immediatly, and without delay, what are the reasons for Turkish authorities to arrest miss Umar, especially if this has any connection to the critical colums he writes?"

In the latest update, Umar reports that she is being held about some tweets about Erdogan.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/media/-columniste-ebru-umar-opgepakt-in-turkije~a4288416/
http://media.tpo.nl/2016/04/23/ebru-umar-turkse-politie-huis-gehaald/
http://www.metronieuws.nl/nieuws/binnenland/2016/04/metrocolumnist-ebru-umar-opgepakt-in-turkije

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: April 23, 2016, 05:04:36 pm »

I saw a couple days ago, maybe a week ago, about a German journalist getting denied entry at the airport. I'll see if I can find it.

So, um, yeah, make sure Erdogan can't push you Euros around.

Found that article: http://www.politico.eu/article/german-journalist-held-at-istanbul-airport-volker-schwenck/

Also, I don't know why we didn't lash back harder at Erdogans bodyguards treatment of people when he was over here.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:08:24 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1829 on: April 23, 2016, 06:11:09 pm »

Why would they bomb a Sikh temple? Seems like a weird target.
Yey religion thred crossover

Why does it seem like a weird target?
Besides being dickheads in general, the salafists born and raised in the West that MUST REMOVE SIKH are probably those of rural Pakistani stock, or else are one of the newly arrived from rural Pakistan/grew up in such a community. Or could just be general dickheads who just want to remove Sikhs because they are infidels.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 793