Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001963 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1875 on: April 25, 2016, 06:55:57 pm »

Here's the original newspaper link, if anyone still has trouble seeing the picture.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/foto/bas-van-der-schot~p3761404/3760185/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1876 on: April 25, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »

But I don't ik accepteer cookies
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 25, 2016, 07:14:39 pm »

Dutch public newspaper / broadcast service cookies are relatively harmless.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 25, 2016, 07:36:10 pm »

Thank you, OW. It certainly is worth it
The lesson here, martinuzz, is to stop using photobucket immediately. It's TYOOL 2016, and photobucket has been a sad excuse of a photo hosting site since 2006. :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:03 pm »

The lesson here, martinuzz, is to stop using photobucket immediately. It's TYOOL 2016, and photobucket has been a sad excuse of a photo hosting site since 2006. :(
This may explain why my avatar suddenly disappeared.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 25, 2016, 11:32:30 pm »

What's TYOOL?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 26, 2016, 02:18:54 am »

Isn't it cute? I can understand ignoring Baltic states but Poland? Half of Germans want a common border with Russia?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 26, 2016, 03:06:50 am »

Most Germans hate their army and would like to see it either gone completely or never used at all, more news at 11.
._.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:14 am »

"The Year of our Lord", if I had to guess.
Yeah. I've been seeing it used around the internet in that form lately, and I'm pretty glad about it because it always reminds me of the intro animation to Sid Meyer's Colonization from way back in the day every time I use it.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1884 on: April 26, 2016, 03:17:11 am »

Huh, interesting. What's public opinion in Germany like on their NATO membership? Would the average German like to break out of the treaty?

"The Year of our Lord", if I had to guess.
Yeah. I've been seeing it used around the internet in that form lately, and I'm pretty glad about it because it always reminds me of the intro animation to Sid Meyer's Colonization from way back in the day every time I use it.
IT'S #CURRENTYEAROFOURLORD
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 26, 2016, 03:42:13 am »

You're wrong. Its like YOLO but switched around
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 26, 2016, 05:41:39 am »

The Turkish chairman of parliament, Ismail Kahraman, has said that TUrkey needs a new, religious constitution, which abolishes secularism.
The chairman is a member of Erdogan's AK party, has been wanting to write a new constitution for a long time now. The old constitution has been written when the army seized control in 1980. Erdogan wants a constitution that gives more authority to the president. But now, removal of secularism has been added to that wishlist.

The AK party has 317 out of 550 seats in parliament. To change the constition, 330 votes are needed, which would mean they need votes from other parties. It is doubtful they will get that support.

The leader of the largest opposition party CHP, Kemal Kilicdaroglu, twittered that "secularism is the most important principle of social peace. Secularism is here to ensure that everyone has religious freedom."

Inb4 Turkey reinstates sharia law and gets kicked out of NATO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 26, 2016, 05:48:08 am »

Isn't it cute? I can understand ignoring Baltic states but Poland? Half of Germans want a common border with Russia?

Ah, that feeling of inter-European solidarity. It warms the soul.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 26, 2016, 05:51:01 am »

Inb4 Turkey reinstates sharia law and gets kicked out of NATO
If Turkey reinstates sharia law, then it wouldn't be kicked from NATO. Rather, NATO (or at least, its European parts) would be "advised", by European authorities, to "diversify" and include basic knowledge of sharia law as a part of European NATO soldier training.

I mean, at the rate we're currently going (with refugee crisis getting exponentially bigger every, fucking, year), most of the young people in Europe (and young people are manning the army) are going to have some knowledge of sharia law, already.
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1889 on: April 26, 2016, 06:07:52 am »

knowledge of sharia law
I think everyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past few years knows about sharia law and how it's basically barbarism
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 793