Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008358 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1890 on: April 26, 2016, 06:20:41 am »

knowledge of sharia law
I think everyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past few years knows about sharia law and how it's basically barbarism
But that's racist! After all, whole 25% of Britain's Muslim population support instating sharia law, so clearly that point of view has enough merit to warrant a debate of whenever we should do it, yes? We could ever go as far as to allow local neighbourhoods with more than 50% of sharia-law-supporters to enforce said sharia law, because it's only natural to allow for higher degree of diversity and multiculturalism in our progressive European society.

We should also tolerate them using their Arabic language, both in written, and in speaking, forms, and should advise more of our conservative natives to learn said Arabic language, to further integrate the refugees into our European society and heighten the degree of diversification. And if Arabic language starts to gradually displace our own in our cities - well, it was clearly because obviously Arabic language is a simply better language than, say, a French one. Better Arabic culture produces a better Arabic language, and it's only natural that a better language should be allowed to express its betterness as much as possible, amirite?
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 26, 2016, 06:27:12 am »

I guess it's better than learning Russian. At least Putin won't invade to protect arab speaking minorities
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1892 on: April 26, 2016, 06:32:21 am »

Isn't it cute? I can understand ignoring Baltic states but Poland? Half of Germans want a common border with Russia?
Germans know if Russia tried starting shit, they would be defended to the last Polish

I guess it's better than learning Russian. At least Putin won't invade to protect arab speaking minorities
Yeah but there's nothing I'd find more aggravating than gaining independence from pan-yuros only to have to do the same for pan-caliphates

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1893 on: April 26, 2016, 06:39:17 am »

But that's racist!
You're actually indistinguishable from an extreme liberal, and this makes me sad.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 26, 2016, 07:47:00 am »

Something something satire indistinguishable from reality something something.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:38 am »

Nah, I've never met a liberal (no matter what sense you use it) that sounds even vaguely like that. Sergarr is more like a copy of Loud Whisper on his bad days. It's better to just ignore and move on.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 26, 2016, 08:30:03 am »

In a speech to parliament, Dutch minister of foreign affairs Koenders issued a warning to all Dutch and Turkish-Dutch inhabitants that he cannot guarantuee the safety of anyone who has ever been critical about Erdogan on social media, if they were to travel to Turkey.

Basically, negative travel advice to Turkey. Will hurt their tourism. Turkey is a popular holiday destination over here.

He continued to state that Turkey can forget about ever joining the EU if the press freedom in their country does not improve.

When asked why our prime minister Rutte negotiates about the return to the Netherlands of Umar with Davotoglu instead of with Erdogan, the minister replied: " prime minister Davotoglu is the political equal to our prime minister, the Turkish president only has a ceremonial function"
- take that, Erdogan -

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/koenders-waarschuwt-erdogan-critici-voor-problemen~a4289868/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:35:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 26, 2016, 08:41:39 am »

But that's racist!
You're actually indistinguishable from an extreme liberal, and this makes me sad.
He actually sounded more like a ad libbed version of a white supremacist, to me, save with Arabic replacing English and Shariah replacing legal discrimination. Though I suppose they both involve legal discrimination, of different sorts.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 26, 2016, 08:59:12 am »

i found Erdogan's speech announcing the new constitution. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjuQrHp3A0
half joke

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: April 26, 2016, 09:04:39 am »

In a speech to parliament, Dutch minister of foreign affairs Koenders issued a warning to all Dutch and Turkish-Dutch inhabitants that he cannot guarantuee the safety of anyone who has ever been critical about Erdogan on social media, if they were to travel to Turkey.

Basically, negative travel advice to Turkey. Will hurt their tourism. Turkey is a popular holiday destination over here.

He continued to state that Turkey can forget about ever joining the EU if the press freedom in their country does not improve.

When asked why our prime minister Rutte negotiates about the return to the Netherlands of Umar with Davotoglu instead of with Erdogan, the minister replied: " prime minister Davotoglu is the political equal to our prime minister, the Turkish president only has a ceremonial function"
- take that, Erdogan -

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/koenders-waarschuwt-erdogan-critici-voor-problemen~a4289868/

And all this time I thought that Turkey's system was more similar to Russia, with the Prime Minister and the President having equal power or the president having more power than the PM. (interpret as maybe sarcasm if that was a joke insult on the part of the Dutch).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1900 on: April 26, 2016, 09:26:22 am »

>extreme

Nah, I've never met a liberal (no matter what sense you use it) that sounds even vaguely like that. Sergarr is more like a copy of Loud Whisper on his bad days. It's better to just ignore and move on.
Because you are referring to tone and not content

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 26, 2016, 10:19:40 am »

-imagesnip-
Isn't it cute? I can understand ignoring Baltic states but Poland? Half of Germans want a common border with Russia?

Ah, that feeling of inter-European solidarity. It warms the soul.
Yeah, many of my countrymen suck. I guess it's just old Cold War fear (and, of course, leftover trauma from the end days of WWII) that makes them hear 'Warsaw Pact' whenever someone says 'Russia'.

Interestingly the statistic 'If Germany was attacked by Russia, would you expect the Americans to come to our help?' looks very different.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 26, 2016, 10:29:40 am »

-imagesnip-

Yeah, many of my countrymen suck. I guess it's just old Cold War fear (and, of course, leftover trauma from the end days of WWII) that makes them hear 'Warsaw Pact' whenever someone says 'Russia'.

Interestingly the statistic 'If Germany was attacked by Russia, would you expect the Americans to come to our help?' looks very different.

And we'd probably say 'What the hell you doing? Get your beer-laden asses in gear!' if you refused to fight. Because really, you'd look dumb as a NATO member.

*I don't know how offensive 'kraut' is these days as I realize it was used with anti-german connotations during WWI and WWII, but I mean it jokingly here.

edit: After googling it a bit, I decided to replace with something funnier.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:37:09 am by smjjames »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 26, 2016, 10:40:44 am »

-imagesnip-

Could you help me find it? I'm having trouble looking on my aged lhone.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1904 on: April 26, 2016, 10:45:05 am »

And we'd probably say 'What the hell you doing? Get your beer-laden asses in gear!' if you refused to fight. Because really, you'd look dumb as a NATO member.
*I don't know how offensive 'kraut' is these days as I realize it was used with anti-german connotations during WWI and WWII, but I mean it jokingly here.
edit: After googling it a bit, I decided to replace with something funnier.
Hahahaha
We're now pulling that on kraut?
Goodness
At least it's better than saying ISIS has progressive potential and we need to flood Sweden with IS soldiers to drive out intolerance
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 793