Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008917 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1920 on: April 27, 2016, 04:12:46 am »

And all this time I thought that Turkey's system was more similar to Russia, with the Prime Minister and the President having equal power or the president having more power than the PM. (interpret as maybe sarcasm if that was a joke insult on the part of the Dutch).
That's the whole point of our minister's snide remark / insult.
Constitutionally, the function of Turkish president is a strictly ceremonial one. You know, cutting ribbons and giving new year's speeches and such. But ever since he couldn't become prime minister anymore (maximum term reached), and became president instead, Erdogan has been publicly striving to rewrite the constitution, to give the presidential function much more authority, and acting like the constitution has already been changed.
Our minister of foreign affairs is well aware of this, and that's why he kindly reminds Erdogan that his function is only ceremonial.

We don't need comedians to insult the Turkish president, our minister of foreign affairs is more than capable there.

In related news:
Turkish prime minister Davutoglu has said in a speech to his own AK party in parliament, that the new constitution will be secular.
The chairman of parliament, also AK party, who said yesterday that the new constitution should be islamic, has also toned down a bit, saying that "it was just my personal vision, and freedom of religion is still very important to me".

The current Turkish constitution is neutral about religion. This is to be credited to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who turned Turkey into a republic, and scrapped sharia from the constitution in 1923. Since then, there's been a strict division of faith and state.

But ever since Erdogan's AK party came into power, Turkey is slowly becoming less secular again. For example, the ban on wearing head scarfs in public functions has been revoked, and it becoming harder and harder to buy alcohol.

The AK party has been expressing the desire to alter the constitution, which has been instated by the military regime that came to power through a coup d'état in 1980, for a while now. Erdogan wants to shift more power and competencies to the president's office.
The AK party has 317 out of 550 seats in parliament, but needs 330 votes to be allowed to hold a referendum about changing the constitution. For that'd theyd need to secure 13 votes from the opposition, which yet seems unlikely to happen.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/turkse-premier-nieuwe-grondwet-zal-seculier-zijn~a4290452/

linguistical question for anyone here speaking Turkish: does the word ending -oglu mean 'son of', just like we have -son -sen, and slavic languages have -vic?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:02:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 27, 2016, 08:10:28 am »

>implying that instantly killing millions of people in radioactive fireballs and then dooming some more millions to a slow and painful death from radiation sickness is a "right thing"
I don't think Moscow's dense enough for millions to die in the fireball
>implying that Moscow will be hit with only one nuke
>implying that I haven't thought about it and haven't specifically put "fireballs" as in multiple of singular fireball
>implying implications

Okay, okay, I'm going to stop 4channing now. Maybe.
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 27, 2016, 08:40:04 am »

Sergarr, you're aware that even implying that Holy Moscow could be hit by a nuke might be grounds for getting a polonium enema, right? I mean, your president is not known for sarcasm awareness...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 27, 2016, 09:22:48 am »

Sergarr, you're aware that even implying that Holy Moscow could be hit by a nuke might be grounds for getting a polonium enema, right? I mean, your president is not known for sarcasm awareness...
I could say that Putin is a baldy dwarf who farts in my general direction, and no one will do anything to me at all. I mean, really.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1924 on: April 27, 2016, 09:24:56 am »

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/24/plans-were-drawn-up-for-a-european-superstate-5838541/

Fug dave u r best pm :DDDDDDDDD

Plans for a United States of Europe have been drawn up by leading EU politicians, undermining David Cameron’s claims that Britain will not be sucked into a European superstate.
A document signed last September in Rome by the speakers of the national parliaments in Germany, France, Italy and Luxembourg calls for the creation of a full blown “federal union of states”.
The paper says that “concrete proposals” to deepen EU integration will be drawn up at a meeting in Luxembourg next month, raising the prospect of a new row about powers leaching to Brussels ahead of the referendum on June
Welcome to the future current year +6

I could say that Putin is a baldy dwarf who farts in my general direction, and no one will do anything to me at all. I mean, really.
Your post has been notified.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 27, 2016, 10:48:00 am »

Oh, gosh, national politicians from some member states met to discuss what they think they think the EU should look like.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1926 on: April 27, 2016, 11:54:14 am »

Oh, gosh, national politicians from some member states met to discuss what they think they think the EU should look like.
Nothing to see here, move along

In other news, BEHOLD PONCEGATE

Top lel at a ponce calling kettle chips poncey for having a Froggy sounding name
>Cameron
>Calling other people foreign ponces

I think Cameron's beginning to crack
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:56:44 am by Loud Whispers »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 27, 2016, 12:33:26 pm »

United States of Europe/quote]
This name. Why pick this name, yurop? You got a decent name already in the European Union.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 27, 2016, 03:03:50 pm »

It is either good thing and will happen or falls into the everything else category and will happen.

PS.
What is the difference between Russian and Ukrainian jokes?

In Russian jokes Ukrainians are stupid and greedy cowards
In Ukrainian jokes Russians are dead

I live in Russia, and I am not hearing any jokes about stupid ukrainians.
Jokes like : silent is ukrainian night, but we still need to hide the bacon "
are not worse then jokes about comrades filling reactors of satellites with vodka.
May be you are dealing with some exceptional russians?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1929 on: April 27, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »

Isn't it cute? I can understand ignoring Baltic states but Poland? Half of Germans want a common border with Russia?

Ah, that feeling of inter-European solidarity. It warms the soul.
Lavrov-Steinmeier pact, eh.
Don't worry though, we always knew that in the end we will be betrayed by everyone. Again.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1930 on: April 27, 2016, 04:06:57 pm »

Don't worry though, we always knew that in the end we will be betrayed by everyone. Again.
Poland says it will host 1,000 British troops from 2017

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

THE UK IS POLAND TOO

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1931 on: April 27, 2016, 04:17:29 pm »

TBH, we heard very similar things back in 30s.
Also, considering that POLAND IS UK a lot, I wouldn't be suprised if it was actually POLAND IS POLAND TOO.
EDIT:
Spoiler: TRUST NOONE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:40:24 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 27, 2016, 04:45:14 pm »

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

THE UK IS POLAND TOO

The UK is sending troops to Poland... from the Future?!?!?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 27, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

THE UK IS POLAND TOO

The UK is sending troops to Poland... from the Future?!?!?

More like a not very well worded title.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 27, 2016, 04:53:28 pm »

TBH, we heard very similar things back in 30s.
Also, considering that POLAND IS UK a lot, I wouldn't be suprised if it was actually POLAND IS POLAND TOO.
EDIT:
Spoiler: TRUST NOONE (click to show/hide)
well you don't have to look like a grizzled old man to be a competent military leader. mandatory pink scarves and sequin vests for all future leaders! you can look fabulous and kick butt at the same time!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 793