Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1007907 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2985 on: July 17, 2016, 10:12:28 pm »

At this point it seems there may not be much left of Kemal Atatürk's Turkey by the end of the year.

I am very disappointed.  ::)
Islam is strong. Secular Iran and Afghanistan are forgotten, Turkey goes the same route. The funniest stuff will start happen when we'll see desecularization of France and Germany.

That's unlikely to happen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 17, 2016, 10:15:55 pm »

At this point it seems there may not be much left of Kemal Atatürk's Turkey by the end of the year.

Islam is strong. Secular Iran and Afghanistan are forgotten, Turkey goes the same route. The funniest stuff will start happen when we'll see desecularization of France and Germany.

I can't see why not. There are more and more Muslims and they are ready to act to change Europe to their ideal, the other side is not ready to protect their ideals (no, facebook and twitter tags don't count)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 17, 2016, 10:46:24 pm »

I can't see why not. There are more and more Muslims and they are ready to act to change Europe to their ideal, the other side is not ready to protect their ideals (no, facebook and twitter tags don't count)

I imagine the political process matters, though. They won't manage it through that, not in a historically non-Muslim country.

While I appreciate ISIS and the like are quite happy to force their views on others vis-a-vis non-secular governments, they are very much in the minority, even moreso in the aforementioned non-Muslim countries..

If you're expecting people to convert en masse to Islam - a very necessary step I would imagine, in the world you foresee - then I would be quite willing to bet money you won't ever see that happen, certainly not to the extremist, mass murder-y, "let's enact religious law" variety.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 17, 2016, 11:55:45 pm »

You'd need, what, 40 million people to either immigrate or convert?

I expect there would be race wars by the time 30 million people immigrated, and I don't see half of Germany converting. Or France. Too many people with innate resentment, let alone willingness to convert. Liberals won't because it's fine for other people to do it but it's certainly not feminist. Also because it would mean they couldn't be atheist+. Conservatives won't because those filthy sand people are what's wrong with the country in the first place, or because Jesus says no, or because they'd have to change their whole investment strategy. Or because they're old and don't like change.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 18, 2016, 12:55:38 am »

Second coming of Charles Martel when?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2990 on: July 18, 2016, 01:14:41 am »

Remove scourge of christendom
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 18, 2016, 03:24:07 am »

In France, former president Sarkozy, who hopes to become president again next year, said France is in "total war".
He urged to stop calling perpetrators of acts like in Nice "disturbed", or "mentally ill", but instead we should call them by their real name, "enemy".

He pleads for the opening of many deradicalisation centers, says people who have any ties to radical islam should be deported from the country, and anyone showing signs of radicalisation should either be forced to wear an electronic ankle bracelet, or rather be detained preventively (without being accused of a crime).

Furthermore he wants to be able to close down places that preach salafism, and change the freedom of religion part of the constitution so radical imams can be deported.

The French government responded by warning against politicians who claim the attack could have been avoided. "There is no such thing as zero risk", and warned against the "Trumpification of French minds"

http://lci.tf1.fr/politique/attentat-de-nice-sarkozy-et-le-gouvernement-s-echarpent-sur-la-8767027.html
http://www.lejdd.fr/Politique/Manuel-Valls-Nous-allons-gagner-cette-guerre-797599
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:27:19 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 18, 2016, 05:11:41 am »

At a EU - US summit this morning in Brussels, the EU and US made a joint statement in which they urge Turkey to respect human rights.
John Kerry said that while the US supports Turkey, as a NATO member, the US strongly urges Turkey to respect democratic institutions and the constitutional state, and warned Turkey that they must respect human rights.

The Belgian minister Didier Reynders said that he understands that sanctions against those who participated in the coup are understandable, but that reintroducing the death penalty is unacceptable, and that "we must make clear to Erdogan that he cannot go too far".

EU Commissionar Johannes Hahn (of Expansion) commented that he thinks it's worrisome that there are this many officials being arrested and fired, this fast. He says that it strongly suggests that the government already had a list of poeple to fire and arrest ready before the coup started.

By now, nearly 10000 officials have been fired, of whom about 7000 police officers.

EDIT: and next to that, 7543 people have been arrested, of whom 6038 soldiers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:37:52 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2993 on: July 18, 2016, 05:16:05 am »

Desecularization of Poland soon, my friends. Deus certainly does Vult.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:03 am »

If you're expecting people to convert en masse to Islam - a very necessary step I would imagine, in the world you foresee - then I would be quite willing to bet money you won't ever see that happen, certainly not to the extremist, mass murder-y, "let's enact religious law" variety.
I think that you need no majority to push for changes you want. You need to be more active than the other side.

Look at Turkey. Erdogan is not exactly Islamist. In fact he is rather far away from that. But he uses them to get more power and give them more power in exchange. Turkey will not be Saudi Arabia or Sunni version of Iran any time soon but the direction is clear.

Muslims will find allies in European politics. They will get more influence. They will desecularize European countries. Unless something will be done to reduce the power of Islam.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2995 on: July 18, 2016, 05:36:22 am »

I think that's just fearmongering
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 18, 2016, 05:42:06 am »

Just make an EU law that forbid indoctrinating children (18-) with a belief. Put a 18+ label on churches, mosques, synagogues and other temples like with alcohol and tobacco, and have social workers regularily check school populations for religious indoctrination. Have Child Protective Services place children that are being home-churched into foster care. [/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:44:31 am by martinuzz »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2997 on: July 18, 2016, 05:43:25 am »

Poe's Law!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 18, 2016, 05:45:39 am »

Poe's Law!
I was already adding a /sarcasm tag while you were posting that haha

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 18, 2016, 05:49:18 am »

BTW,  Erdogan is aproaching Stalin's level of army purging here. Can we say goodbye to a strong Turkish armed forces (on other hand... Are forces that can't capture two cities in their own country strong?)
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 793