Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1007922 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3210 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:14 am »

When you can't walk around with a backpack full of random wires it's time to emigrate to the Middle East, they're less oppressive.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:08 pm »

I wonder how Turkey's economy will react to Erdogan's/Muslim Brotherhood's Islamization of Turkey.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: July 20, 2016, 02:19:20 pm »

Their credit rating just dropped so probably not going great.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: July 20, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »

My local supermarket was also just a case of someone forgetting a bag in a shopping cart.
It's getting more and more clear that the terrorists have won.
Maybe I should just emigrate to Israel, at least their wall is finished.
The trade-offs society seems to make are rather interesting to consider.

Diversity, or stability?
Innovation and creativity, or community and cooperation?
Liberty, or equality?
Privacy, or safety?
Efficiency, or variety?
Corruption, or abuse?
Disease, or pollution?

Speaking of, I have to ask LW what he thinks about Aarhus and it's approach to deradicalizing it's populace. I mean, the rest of you are free to answer too :P But my guess is that he's at least seen it and I'm interested in his perspective, considering the importance that I think he places on retributive justice.

As a side question, actually, how do you feel about adopted kids, considering your views on family, LW?

And should I just make an 'ask LW' thread? That seems likes something that should exist. The densest possible concentration of shitpost, wherein we might discover enlightenment, and be reborn in our next life as a spambot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: July 20, 2016, 03:43:42 pm »

It's getting more and more clear that the terrorists have won.
Maybe I should just emigrate to Israel, at least their wall is finished.
Nah. The terrorists are losing, and losing hard, given by ISIS recent major territorial and material losses. These terrorist acts are simply the only way of war possible for an organization that can do nothing to attack our soldiers from blowing them up with impunity, but even with using these kinds of tactics, the kill/death ratio is still grossly in our favor.
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: July 20, 2016, 03:47:35 pm »

They might lose the military conflicts, but they have destroyed our civilization
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: July 20, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »

What? Nah, we're good.

Rolepgeek,: I read quite a few things about the Aahrus efforts. I've not seen numbers on whether it works or not though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: July 20, 2016, 03:52:09 pm »

They might lose the military conflicts, but they have destroyed our civilization

No previous terrorist movement has, I don't really think this one will either.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: July 20, 2016, 04:14:51 pm »

Our technology improves at an unprecedented rate and our society is overall more advanced than it ever was before and gets better with every new day, what drugs are you on to imagine that people fearing enemy action due to the ongoing war (which is perfectly fine, since it's a fucking war) are somehow a sign of having our civilization destroyed?

What do you think our civilization is made of, hugs and puppies? Do you even history?
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3219 on: July 20, 2016, 05:22:44 pm »

Spoiler: To Sheb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: To Martinuzz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: To Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: To Sergarr (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:25:13 pm by Loud Whispers »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: July 20, 2016, 06:23:08 pm »

The archaeological dig was probbably as accurate as most archaeological digs.

That is, entirely based on conjectures from badly-paid Middle-aged people with bad teeth and unpleasant hats. Who, while extremely skilled and experienced at these conjectures, will still construct an entire settlement with a long history and at least thee wars out of two pots and a skeleton dug up by even-worse-paid graduates.
(When in fact actually Machinitus the trader broke his neck falling off the wagon and was buried at the side of the road with the antique pots he'd been given.

My father spent eight years of his life dedicated to becoming an archaeologist,graduated, spent one summer on a dig site with Phil Hardy ( the Time Team one) and immediatly went into finance and IT instead.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3221 on: July 20, 2016, 06:29:31 pm »

That is, entirely based on conjectures from badly-paid Middle-aged people with bad teeth and unpleasant hats. Who, while extremely skilled and experienced at these conjectures, will still construct an entire settlement with a long history and at least thee wars out of two pots and a skeleton dug up by even-worse-paid graduates.
(When in fact actually Machinitus the trader broke his neck falling off the wagon and was buried at the side of the road with the antique pots he'd been given.
My father spent eight years of his life dedicated to becoming an archaeologist,graduated, spent one summer on a dig site with Phil Hardy ( the Time Team one) and immediatly went into finance and IT instead.
One of my life goals is to build my own house to standards that will last 1000 years so I can confuse archaeologists with random bullshit, like spring loaded coffins, shitposts on the walls, fake curses, allusions to household gods that don't exist, wrong descriptions of culture, elaborate fake histories e.t.c.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: July 20, 2016, 07:21:00 pm »

One of my life goals is to build my own house to standards that will last 1000 years so I can confuse archaeologists with random bullshit, like spring loaded coffins, shitposts on the walls, fake curses, allusions to household gods that don't exist, wrong descriptions of culture, elaborate fake histories e.t.c.

Lottery goals: funding LW's House of Archaeological FuckYou
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3223 on: July 20, 2016, 08:08:31 pm »

The trade-offs society seems to make are rather interesting to consider.

Diversity, or stability?
Innovation and creativity, or community and cooperation?
Liberty, or equality?
Privacy, or safety?
Efficiency, or variety?
Corruption, or abuse?
Disease, or pollution?
I really have to wonder why these are all mutually exclusive
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: July 20, 2016, 08:11:18 pm »

i have been on one dig and it was meh but I'm going into underwater archeological survey which is much more interesting. i get to work with people and equipment that has been and worked on the titanic. also less squatting more hovering and better preservation.

the titanic's overrated, archeology worthless and disintegrating but still cool.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:14:01 pm by redwallzyl »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 793