Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002086 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5055 on: March 08, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »

Most countries pretend it doesn't exist and are waiting for the issue to be passed on to future leaders to deal with. So I imagine when the time comes, since the death spiral will hit governments instead of private insurers, they'll just begin cutting public coverage and services for certain demographics. Probably gonna start with smokers, alcoholics, obese and so on; either that, or just borrow loadsa money and push the debt off for future generations to deal with

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: March 08, 2017, 08:46:06 pm »

I'm really not sure why you have a ferret up your bum about Le Pen. The actual local french prosecution seems pretty horseshit, but the eu response seems all very standard procedure for investigations.

After a competent authority of a Member State asks the EP President to waive the immunity of the MEP, this request is announced in plenary. MEPs have right to defend their immunities.
    The EP Committee of Legal affairs recommends the adoption or rejection of the request for the waiver of immunity or for the defence of immunity and privileges. The committee may ask the requesting authority clarify or to explain its demand.
    The committee presents the report where it may decide whether the requesting MS authority is competent and the request acceptable. The committee must not judge the MEP concerned, neither the opinions nor acts attributed to him or her that have been used by the authority to justify the request.
    The members discuss the reasons for and against each proposal on the next plenary session. After the debate, an individual vote is taken.
    The President immediately communicates Parliament's decision to the Member concerned and to the competent authority of the Member State concerned.

Its literally "Does the committee think the request is reasonable" and if it seems like the government isnt doing it to be contrary or whatever they tell them okay.

The smear/politics going on here is the bloody french, not the bloody germans.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: March 08, 2017, 09:28:00 pm »

Me thinks you kinda just answered your own question.

French prosecution: "hey guys we want this bullshit accusation to go through so we can smear this one presidential candidate we don't like because we're corrupt frogs"

EU: "sounds good to me ok"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: March 09, 2017, 04:59:05 am »

So we all agree the EU should be given more power to overrule national law when it contradicts core freedom? I mean, I'd love that. (I'm trying to see if that particular French law was ever challenged in front of the ECJ, but can't find stuff. My guess is that there never was much of a conviction. Keep in mind that Le Pen hasn't even been charged formally, the request to waive immunity was needed because she wouldn't go to a preliminary hearing).

The EU was giving the UK leeway because the EU isn't a state and doesn't have custom officers of its own it could dispatch.
It's funny, Sweden is no longer allowed to have custom officers because of the EU.

Sweden: the original rebel.

Sorry to poke American politics in here, but I'm wondering, how do other countries deal with avoiding the 'death spiral' for healthcare.
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/8/14849512/death-spirals-experts-republican-health-care-bill
http://www.vox.com/2017/3/7/14841682/republican-replacement-individual-mandate-cartoon

The main sticking point in the healthcare reform seems to be 'how do we avoid the death spiral and collapse of the HC industry?', so, here I am wondering how other countries deal with it.

Well, don't listen to what LW said, he misunderstood what you refers to by death spiral. I don't know every European health system, but from what I gather, they either use something like the insurance mandate (Netherlands) or health-care is largely funded by taxes so death spiral is not an issue as healthy people are taxed too (France, UK... Belgium is also mostly tax-funded).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5059 on: March 09, 2017, 05:10:38 am »

Me thinks you kinda just answered your own question.

French prosecution: "hey guys we want this bullshit accusation to go through so we can smear this one presidential candidate we don't like because we're corrupt frogs"

EU: "sounds good to me ok"
Aye. The EU gives such immunity to protect the freedom of speech of MEPs from unwarranted prosecution and then comes along a eurosceptic publishing war crimes and the EU decides it's suddenly ok to fuck freedom of speech - the rights of our tribe will be respected, the rights of our enemies will be oppressed. To me, divisions of nationality are not so significant in this matter. I am puzzled by how for example, just as people assume I would be pleased if this was solely the fault of the French establishment and not the collective failure of the European establishment, they argued that I should be ok with British politicians empowering the EU at the expense of the UK because it was British politicians doing it. As if I was to have blind loyalty and obedience to a label, and not my own principles. If this was done by a state, private, supranational entity, the French, the Germans, the Belgians, Europe or a homogenous mass of nothing, makes no matter to the injustice occurring - only changes who is to be held accountable. French establishment, EU establishment, both are in mutual support to carry out injustice. Attacking both is entirely logical, otherwise the French eurosceptics would be allowing one half of their opponent's apparatus to remain entirely unscathed, when the entire apparatus is used to silence them

Journalists, rappers, politicians etc., the bounds of European oppression are ever increasing in scope. Yesterday Europeans tried silencing those who tried to break the lid on the grooming gangs, the collapse of civil law in areas of Europe and the list goes on to things like the the NYE attacks or the Bataclan tortures. Today they're going after people who publish war crimes committed by ISIS with consensus of the EU parliament. It's a sick joke, sick because you'll never get your freedom of expression back, it will take generations to undo the damage done and in today's world I'm not even sure if it'll be reversible. It could just very well become a new social norm - in this thread we've already had people suggest this be normal. To put it frankly, neoliberalism is declining in the world, and its apparatuses of power are being inherited by far left and far right groups across the world. Then your causes will be subjected to the tools your cause created - thus even if you believe freedom of expression is not worth respecting, you can see your cause is digging its own grave

Well, don't listen to what LW said, he misunderstood what you refers to by death spiral. I don't know every European health system, but from what I gather, they either use something like the insurance mandate (Netherlands) or health-care is largely funded by taxes so death spiral is not an issue as healthy people are taxed too (France, UK... Belgium is also mostly tax-funded).
Sheb, telling people to ignore me is not an argument. I do suppose that shows the very EU approved way of handling debate, simply tell everyone else to shut up lmao

Most countries pretend it doesn't exist and are waiting for the issue to be passed on to future leaders to deal with. So I imagine when the time comes, since the death spiral will hit governments instead of private insurers, they'll just begin cutting public coverage and services for certain demographics. Probably gonna start with smokers, alcoholics, obese and so on; either that, or just borrow loadsa money and push the debt off for future generations to deal with
Allow me to put things plainer. State funded healthcare has not solved the issue, because with an ageing population, combined with a young population that disregards its health, the state tax base is eroding itself to death. Thus taxes will have to be raised, borrowing will have to increase, or public services/coverage will have to be cut. I'm not sorry for showing less concern for the healthcare insurance industry than the healthcare industry, and ultimately the welfare of people - as European healthcare models are different from the USA but faced by a similar issue the US insurance industry has. The USA insurance industry needs lots of healthy people to buy insurance they will never need. The European state healthcare system needs lots of taxpayers paying into national insurance they will never need to use.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: March 09, 2017, 05:28:32 am »

That's not the same as the US kind of death spiral where healthy people don't buy insurance. It's a totally different problem.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: March 10, 2017, 01:54:47 am »

The EU was giving the UK leeway because the EU isn't a state and doesn't have custom officers of its own it could dispatch.
It's funny, Sweden is no longer allowed to have custom officers because of the EU.

Yes, I am aware the toll service still exist. It was hyperbole.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: March 10, 2017, 02:23:50 am »

What you say???
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: March 10, 2017, 03:27:15 am »

You do realize how low the standard of conversation would get if everyone hyperboled even half as hard as you do, right?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: March 10, 2017, 04:24:59 am »

You do realize how low the standard of conversation would get if everyone hyperboled even half as hard as you do, right?
It would be LW level?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: March 10, 2017, 04:36:23 am »

Probably would just degenerate to calling each others nazis.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: March 10, 2017, 06:10:10 am »

About as low as if everyone gave another as little credit as  you do, right?
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: March 10, 2017, 07:05:55 am »

Ok, what was the point of that statement of yours then, enlighten me.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: March 10, 2017, 07:32:44 am »

In a new episode to the drama, in which Germany and the Netherlands are trying to stop Trukish ministers from coming to their countries to campaign for Erdogan's referendum:

Apparently, that is forbidden according to Turkish law. So while Erdogan called Germany 'worse than Nazi Germany' over it, and many sneers were passed by Turkish media about the west commenting on human rights and democracy in Turkey, but banning political speech in their own country, it is just simply illegal.

The Turkish law, article 94/A of the new 2008 voting law, in referral to article 10 of the constitution states: " In foreign nations, and in representations situated abroad, it is not allowed to make electoral propaganda".

So the Turkish minister of foreign affairs will break the Turkish law when he decides to come to the Netherlands.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/opinie/opinieblog-die-welt-turkse-wet-verbiedt-verkiezingsstrijd-in-het-buitenland~a4459022/

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article162717184/Tuerkisches-Gesetz-verbietet-explizit-den-Wahlkampf-im-Ausland.html?wtrid=socialmedia.socialflow....socialflow_twitter
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 793