Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002080 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5805 on: May 20, 2017, 04:26:47 pm »

Isn't crystallized carbon, in fact, diamond?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: May 20, 2017, 04:36:32 pm »

All of elemental carbon's forms (at least the ones I know of) are crystals, technically speaking.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: May 20, 2017, 05:42:35 pm »

Even the gaseous form? :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: May 21, 2017, 09:56:03 am »

Do you have a citation for that? I doubt that the molecular structure of graphene is going to survive being dumped into molten steel.

Also 'crystallize' is not the right term - graphene isn't crystallized carbon, it's just a certain allotrope of the stuff.

We still don't have the upper limit on how much heat it can handle. Our best description of its thermal conductivity is ,,perfekt". Our next best description is better than diamond.

And idk how better to describe what I'm doing besides crystallization. I can take amorphous carbon (ash, carbon black, amorphous graphite) and give it more structure i.e. crystalline form. It's also known as functionalization but that term is nebulously vague.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: May 21, 2017, 10:00:42 am »

Thermal conductivity doesn't mean it can stand infinite heat. It's going to burn at some point.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: May 21, 2017, 10:04:58 am »

The melting point of graphene is reportedly between 5000-6000k, which is far higher than steel, the idea would have some merit.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/164961-graphene-used-to-make-graphene-copper-composite-thats-500-times-stronger

Researchers at the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) have created composite materials using graphene that are up to 500 times stronger than the raw, non-composite material. This is the first time that graphene has been successfully used to create strong composite materials — and due to the tiny amounts of graphene used (just 0.00004% by weight) this breakthrough could lead to much faster commercial adoption than pure graphene, which is still incredibly hard to produce in large quantities.

However, these composites, while stronger than steel, were weaker than pure graphene. So you can't just mix it up and expect to get something stronger than both of the original materials.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:11:18 am by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: May 21, 2017, 10:07:06 am »

The melting point of graphene is reportedly between 5000-6000k, which is far higher than steel, the idea would have some merit.
Diamond's melting point is also pretty high, but it doesn't usually survive to those temperatures because it burns up. Still, in vacuum environment it could probably work.
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: May 21, 2017, 10:22:25 am »

Diamond's melting point is also pretty high, but it doesn't usually survive to those temperatures because it burns up. Still, in vacuum environment it could probably work.
Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows:

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall made of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall made of metal into 400 miles an hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted earths orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles an hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 10000 wayward planes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 10000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles per iron, and the result proved with out a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: May 21, 2017, 10:33:52 am »

Incidental results from the research also showed that jet melts can't beam steel fuel.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: May 22, 2017, 03:08:58 pm »

Well, we can make way more graphene than what we currently are producing, using my method, so we can use 1%-3%carbon like current steel. As for the supply, I am meeting with hemp processors from around the world in two weeks & I will be sharing the (albeit unrefined) production method with them freely: graphene should be approaching you soon!

Coincidentally, jet fuel can heat up anhydrous ammonia (NH3) to temperatures where thermite will form. Guess what new-for-cooling-skyscrapers-coolant was running through WTC 1 & 2?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:11:46 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: May 23, 2017, 01:54:45 am »

22 deaths in a suicide attack according to my radio. No one claimed it yet. Nail bomb from what I heard (at least emergency services claiming many schrapnel like thing... Jeez, fucking bastard. 

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: May 23, 2017, 02:20:11 am »

Outrageous! a concert with kids and families. inhuman.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: May 23, 2017, 04:56:35 am »

It makes me so angry that it gives me horrible thoughts. Like, a new law should be passed, that the remains of terrorists should not be returned to their families, but instead fed to pigs. This would deter at least some would-be terrorists, cause according to islam, there's no way you're going to heaven when you're both not properly buried, and eaten by an unclean animal, not even when you're a martyr.
Ofcourse, it wouldn't work. IS and the like would just alter the interpretation of islam.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Necrothurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: May 23, 2017, 06:19:06 am »

It makes me so angry that it gives me horrible thoughts. Like, a new law should be passed, that the remains of terrorists should not be returned to their families, but instead fed to pigs. This would deter at least some would-be terrorists, cause according to islam, there's no way you're going to heaven when you're both not properly buried, and eaten by an unclean animal, not even when you're a martyr.
Ofcourse, it wouldn't work. IS and the like would just alter the interpretation of islam.

It worked with the British colonies and Islamic insurgents in them.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 793