Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002024 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5820 on: May 23, 2017, 06:20:43 am »

IS terrorists mostly try to survive, actually, and aren't too well-versed in the scripture. I wouldn't count on their remains being fed to pigs having any big impact on their decision making.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: May 23, 2017, 06:20:53 am »

A loud bang was heard in Arndale shopping centre, Manchester. Shortly after, the centre was evacuated by the police. It has been reopened for use already. Police reports that there was 'an incident in a shopping mall'.

Furthermore, a 23 year old man has been arrested in connection with last night's attack. It's possible that this was at aforementioned shopping centre, but this is as of yet not clear.

The identity of the suicide bomber has been determined, according to May. He was known to the authorities. The name has not been made public yet.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: May 23, 2017, 06:24:39 am »

IS terrorists mostly try to survive, actually, and aren't too well-versed in the scripture. I wouldn't count on their remains being fed to pigs having any big impact on their decision making.
I don't know how you come to think that they mostly try to survive. Quite the opposite. So far nearly all major attacks in European cities were suicide missions. They only try to survive long enough to blow themselves up, or end their spree in suicide by cop. They may not be well versed in Islam as a whole, but you can bet they know the part about martyrdom damn well.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:29:14 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: May 23, 2017, 07:42:49 am »

We cross posting things here? I'd like to note that the European Air Transport Command is a thing and all, it's total capability and fleet size is really tiny compared to that of the United States. NATO's airlift capability is, to a very great extent, the USAF's.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: May 23, 2017, 08:53:00 am »

We cross posting things here? I'd like to note that the European Air Transport Command is a thing and all, it's total capability and fleet size is really tiny compared to that of the United States. NATO's airlift capability is, to a very great extent, the USAF's.

Yeah, and NATO military capability is, to a large extent, the US's.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: May 23, 2017, 10:19:27 am »

I dont even think they even *are* IS terrorists proper. IS makes mass broadcasts to the west calling out for violence. Get your message to enough people and eventually some lunatic will follow you up. Odds are that you can get people to kill in the name of Barney Stintson, if you find the right person.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: May 23, 2017, 01:27:38 pm »

Odds are that you can get people to kill in the name of Barney Stintson, if you find the right person.

The CIA admitted to manipulating the Counter-culture of the 60s. Why spend twenty years training experts that lead straight back to you when you can outsource the recruitment of operatives (anyone can make a nail bomb) to your well-manipulated goons?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: May 23, 2017, 02:27:24 pm »

I dont even think they even *are* IS terrorists proper. IS makes mass broadcasts to the west calling out for violence. Get your message to enough people and eventually some lunatic will follow you up. Odds are that you can get people to kill in the name of Barney Stintson, if you find the right person.

Well, yeah, but are those mass broadcast, or do they then do more convincing one-on-one ? What about furnishing bomb information?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: May 23, 2017, 02:59:31 pm »

The identity of the suicide bomber has been determined, according to May. He was known to the authorities. The name has not been made public yet.
He has been publicly identified as Salman Abedi. He was born in the UK, to parents who had immigrated from Libya.

When I see stuff like this, I wonder why we allow people to immigrate from countries like that at all, until they get their shit together.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: May 23, 2017, 03:26:37 pm »

He has been publicly identified as Salman Abedi. He was born in the UK, to parents who had immigrated from Libya.

When I see stuff like this, I wonder why we allow people to immigrate from countries like that at all, until they get their shit together.

The guy was BORN in the UK, it wasn't his parents that did the bombing. This is the same second generation immigrant problem that Europe is having with MidEast and North African immigrants. Blocking people from immigrating from said countries won't solve the problem if the person was born in the UK, it'd just be someone else doing it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: May 23, 2017, 03:35:29 pm »

Control is better than lack of control. Governments, contrary to popular belief, are not all powerful and cannot necessarily stop immigrants from entering their borders. And not just liberal-left multicultural paradises - even a place as tightly controlled as North Korea has illegal emigration (not sure about immigration given the obvious, but I'd believe it given the number of spies and underground Christians they have).

Pretty much every place in the world has illegal immigrants if illegally immigrating there is desirable. So the options are:

A. Trash the UK so nobody wants to live there - probably not.

B. Allow immigrants a system they prefer interacting with legally to trying to sneak in.

C. Ban immigration to a lesser or greater extent and face a ballooning crisis of undocumented, untraceable, culturally divided, outcasts.

C would cause more terrorism than B. It's stated in that very article that informants within Muslim immigrant communities can and have stopped terrorist plots. Informants rely upon trust. Eliminate trust, and...

There's no level of extreme where C would create a solid border, I'm convinced. Everybody thinks in the back of their mind "what if we just killed everyone", as humans do when we face a hard problem, but again I point to North Korea. Even killing everyone who tries to come in doesn't work.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:38:49 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: May 23, 2017, 03:42:47 pm »

The article doesn't even say that they immigrated illegally, they could be legal immigrants or thRough a refugee program.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: May 23, 2017, 03:46:59 pm »

What I mean is that "ban immigration" as an action doesn't take you from "legal immigrants who are sometimes terrorists" to "no immigrants, monocultural utopia upon Albion", but rather it takes you from "legal immigrants who are sometimes terrorists" to "illegal immigrants who are probably less often around but also more often terrorists".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: May 23, 2017, 03:57:12 pm »

Why not option D: Strong borders, severe punishments up to and including summary expulsion of any illegals?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: May 23, 2017, 04:08:56 pm »

If his parents hadn't been allowed into the UK, it would not have happened. :)
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 793