Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 782

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 863870 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11025 on: May 11, 2023, 01:06:20 am »

I bet its their favorite drunk activity
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: May 11, 2023, 03:44:15 am »

Mass bann is thd only way to get Pathos once you've caught it
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: May 11, 2023, 07:07:03 am »

Then the great reveal....

The wiki admin was also Pathos.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: May 11, 2023, 09:18:30 pm »

It's like the Andy Weir story where we're all the same person as some sort of God-Egg.

Except we're all Pathos and there is no God, there is only the UberPathos we're careening towards.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: May 11, 2023, 10:39:23 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 10:42:24 pm by JoshuaFH »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: May 12, 2023, 01:40:30 am »

That moment you realize that even god is another alt account of Pathos.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: May 12, 2023, 07:05:32 am »

The Bible's just an elaborate forum post
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: May 12, 2023, 02:35:57 pm »

I'm on a Discord server I got invited to at random. It's WH40K themed and populated by a lot of veterans and LEOs.

Some people got into a tiff there, so one of them invited some buddies and they spammed it with vile anti-trans image board stuff, plenty of insults, the usual. Been a while since I've been exposed to the raw sewage that is that segment of the US population.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 09:31:45 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: May 12, 2023, 11:12:00 pm »

I'm on a Discord server I got invited to at random. It's WH40K themed and populated by a lot of veterans and LEOs.

Some people got into a tiff there, so one of them invited some buddies and they spammed it with the vile anti-trans image board stuff, plenty of insults, the usual. Been a while since I've been exposed to the raw sewage that is that segment of the US population.

Spamming servers like that is such a childish tantrum sort of thing to do.... like in the 00's.  Some people never really grow up I suppose.

It's especially a shame because that otherwise sounded like a cool server

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11034 on: May 16, 2023, 05:51:11 am »

Some people got into a tiff there, so one of them invited some buddies and they spammed it with the vile anti-trans image board stuff, plenty of insults, the usual. Been a while since I've been exposed to the raw sewage that is that segment of the US population.
There are times in your life where you may manage to go a long time meeting decent people, until you receive a rude reminder

"I forgot men like that existed"

And you snap back to reality

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: May 16, 2023, 06:41:28 pm »

When using itunes and you want to designate a file as an audiobook, it's not enough to get info>options>media kind>audiobook. No if you do that, now the file won't show in either music, nor audiobooks. Should have changed the genre and put that checkmark at "album is compiliation of various artist"

Obviously. Self-evidently.

Was somehow able to get it to show me the damn files again, by looking at them through the ipod? Who knows such details aren't relevant to itunes. What matters is that if you choose a reading order for the entirety of discworld with tracknummer, all of them got deleted but two, so these two alone can show up on top disrespecting alphabetical order... Seems quick to find any excuse to disrespect alphabetical order anyway. Ah yes and we don't do albums for audiobooks. No you can not remove tracknumber in itunes.

Ok I do the furded checkmark and the genre change. Ok is it on the device now? Better click sync. Yes thank you for deleting 270gb and rewriting them so you can have your arbitrary tags changed. Guess I was editing on the computer afterall, so you're a liar on top of being an arbitrary tyrant. If it's on the computer why are songs in the device tab being unable to be sorted by genre, time or anything other than name; yes that's a special priviledge reserved for the other, the main tab.

How have people put up with this? If only rockbox didn't kernel panic if you don't manuscript every disksector in sütterlin. FOR FUCKS SAKE. YOU BETTER BE DONE BY TOMORROW PIECE OF SHIT AND NOT HAVE OVERWRITTEN MY CHANGES WITH THE FILES THAT WERE ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE (those you're too stupid to filter as audiobook despite knowing they don't go in music).
let

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: May 16, 2023, 10:26:27 pm »

remind me the days I tried to organize my mp3 etc collection using tags.. it never held as programs and formats updated/changed

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: May 17, 2023, 04:13:58 am »

hehe as if I'd let it touch my main collection... I didn't just give itunes it's own backup disk to work with, I installed it on another computer too. I'd never grant any program the ability to read all of my music, and I don't use anything besides mp3tag and vlc on my main computer: mp3tag exports the info I want to catalogue as html files.

But I didn't have much choice here because I allready lost a whole week trying to get rockbox to work.

My audiobooks still don't show up in audiobooks, thanks for chruning through thr SD card for nothing. I allmost had a heart attack, when spoken word (their fuckig genre tag) featured only one file... but apparantly talk still exists and houses most (I hope all but I wouldnt bet on that) of the files. So the manouever was less than useless, if anything the damn thing has more excuses to fracture the collection, disrespect alphabetical order etc... thanks itunes, at least you finished in time I guess.....

I guess it truely was too much to ask to just drag and drop 8 folders and be able to shuffle within them, curse your partitioning shenanigans diskbox.

edit: its actually amazing how bad itunes is... so I edited the genre tag of all talk files to spoken word right?! well the single file that made its way into spoken word did not have the talk genre tag, nope it was speech (because I have two blabla folders).... Godamn itunes now I am just sad for your pathetic attempts to rename everyfile and give it it's own folder... I mean yeah you're filling 512gb on an ipod mini 4gig 2nd gen I know we are two orders of magnitude beyond spec... but besides moving the files onto a disk without having a kernel panic, you're not doing a single thing I asked you. I pity the fool who bought audio files from apple, they come with problems beyond what im experiencing, from what I hear. I should not have looked if it finished, of course it would dissapoint me now I lost an hour of potential sleep.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 04:31:46 am by dragdeler »
let

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: May 17, 2023, 09:34:17 am »

I remember the pain, although I was much less successful in my endeavor, gave up on my collections somewhere along with CD\DVDs, still got couple of briefcase somewhere in the storage we find an reminiscent once in a while. Btw this sort of storage shenanigans is why various stuff "comes back to fashion" as parents unloading their old Pokémon card collection on their kindergarteners and "suitors" giving their gold ones to the girls  :P

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: May 17, 2023, 10:37:18 am »

There is definitly retrowaves, apparently RN gamecube is kinda peaking in resell value, give it a few years and it will be the wii.

I just love the idea of carrying 430gb (currently) on a no nonsense dedicated mp3 player, hell it's a glorified calculator it still has monochrome lcd display. Got something like 10k songs, 600h worth of dj sets, 800h worth of podcasts, and 4000h worth of audiobook. A year only has 8760 hours. There is a good chance I might die before I've heard it all  :D
let
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 782