Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855384 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #465 on: March 24, 2016, 10:41:47 am »

Blood still in my cough everytime I wake up these past few days, or a couple days ago.
Pretty much due to the force of my coughing. X_X
Curse thee, allergies.
* Cinder somehow make you chicken broth and tuck you in through textual medium.

Do you sleep with the air-conditioner on? Probably not but you live near me so I assumed that is possible. Don't do that. They're bad for coughs. Unless you're like me and can't sleep without ACs, then you need to see if you sleep in a dry spot.

Also I guess you're already drinking lots of water but HAVE SOME COUGH DROPS TOO ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE COUGHING BLOOD.

Also maaaaaaaybe drink something alcoholic, I heard those help with coughs. :^
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 24, 2016, 10:59:46 am »

Yoink:Tell ussssss.
Just some drunk guy passed out belly-up on the footpath opposite the train station, with his shirt riding up to expose a huge gut to the world. I was watching with some amusement as the occasional passerby stepped around this unsightly obstacle, until eventually a jogger came along and stopped to crouch down and check on the guy.
He appeared to check his life signs and airways whilst presumably talking to him, then with some difficulty managed to wake him up, and then- I was quite impressed here- took hold of the guy and, with a great deal of effort, heaved him to his feet.

The drunk guy responded, as drunk guys often do, with a gratuitous display of thankfulness, complete with much hugging and back slapping. I can only imagine the amount of "thank-you"s he must have slurring out.
Our helpful jogger eventually managed to disentangle himself and continued on his way (after helping the guy pick up some stuff he'd dropped on the ground). A while later he came jogging back again, endured another bout of hugs from the thankful drunk guy, then they parted ways as the drunk guy caught a cab.

...I did say "mildly" interesting... also this was really difficult to type out on this phone. I'm sure you can tell how bored I am. I'm going to try and conserve battery now...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 24, 2016, 02:47:34 pm »

Supposed to make a review of a ~200 page book. 4 pages in, still on the first chapter. Ask around. Thing is supposed to have between 5 and 10 pages. Fuck my life.

EDIT: This is made worse by the fact that I can usually bullshit my way through these assignments to actually high grades with ease, yet I somehow decided to be an idiot with this one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:06:49 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 24, 2016, 04:01:19 pm »

Supposed to make a review of a ~200 page book. 4 pages in, still on the first chapter. Ask around. Thing is supposed to have between 5 and 10 pages. Fuck my life.

EDIT: This is made worse by the fact that I can usually bullshit my way through these assignments to actually high grades with ease, yet I somehow decided to be an idiot with this one.

Ah, I see the incentive with these things is still to become better at making up bullshit, rather than for someone to actually enjoy and understand a good book.

At least literary education is consistently rubbish then. That will be my mild sad for this post then. The institutionalized extinction of any interest in reading.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 24, 2016, 04:23:21 pm »

Ah, I see the incentive with these things is still to become better at making up bullshit, rather than for someone to actually enjoy and understand a good book.

At least literary education is consistently rubbish then. That will be my mild sad for this post then. The institutionalized extinction of any interest in reading.
The incentive would be learning, except the teacher that gave the assignment is a total asshole who thinks his is the only subject one must study for.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35:11 pm »

I hate working with printers. I don't think I've ever been able to print something on the first try.

This printer seems to be inhabited by the spirit of a moody teenager.

"Are you going to print now?"
*motor whirring*
"Oh, is that what it is?"
*Paper spooling*
"I just want my shipping label, please."
*Pops up 'Printer is not responding' dialogue*
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 25, 2016, 04:37:12 am »

Tonight's dinner was an otherwise very tasty vegetable curry, largely ruined by the inclusion of string beans and cauliflower.
Why do people (especially these people) have to like so many foods I find disgusting? :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #472 on: March 25, 2016, 05:36:09 am »

Who the hell likes string beans
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 25, 2016, 10:21:45 am »

who the hell likes free food
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 25, 2016, 11:50:19 am »

Who the hell likes string beans

I do. One of the more common side dishes people in my extended family will make is string or green beans sautéed and mixed in with ground up peanuts or almonds.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #475 on: March 25, 2016, 07:14:16 pm »

String beans? I guess they're okay, and they tend to squeak when chewed. :v

also apparently a large quatro quesos pizza is kind of hard on my bowels if the current discomfort is anything to go by
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 26, 2016, 02:12:10 am »

Welcome to my life.

New Mildsads: does it count as a 'crush' if you've seen a person on just one occasion, have had no interaction with them apart from a smile, and yet keep thinking about them with the vague hope of seeing them again, and perhaps even speaking to them if you're lucky?
I don't think I'd seen anyone particularly interesting during my stay here, much less someone I found attractive*, and now I have less than a week before I leave and this has to happen. I'd been mostly just staying at the house I'm staying in and going out as little as possible, but this will likely force me to make more frequent forays into town, in the hopes of seeing them once more before I leave. Damnit, brain. ::)

*With the exception of the occasional tourist, or person who I assumed to be a tourist at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #477 on: March 26, 2016, 02:21:42 am »

does it count as a 'crush'
Probably. That happens to me as well. Better than crushing on anime characters, at least.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 26, 2016, 08:36:14 am »

Oh well, I'm already forgetting their face. *shrug*

Right now I'm feeling tired and sleepy, which is... I don't know. Mildly sad I guess? I would prefer to just keep listening to music, but I really need to sleep. Sleep would actually be pretty pleasant, but unfortunately I know that tomorrow I will probably be dragged out of here to have breakfast and do stuff... oh man I'm too tired to even do a coherent sleepy-ramble. Buh.

I think I will post this, let this song finish, then go to sleep.
Oh in actual good news: I finally got around to booking my train trip back home. Thursday morning, and I get in a day later.
Hopefully my friend/housemate can pick me up so I don't have to lug all my shit back home via PT, but either way I am excited to return. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 26, 2016, 02:16:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:46:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 778