Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859678 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #795 on: April 26, 2016, 04:34:09 am »

I finished the game I was playing yesterday so now I'm unreasonably sad.
I really like playing games and watching shows, but I apparently get deeply emotionally invested in media at the drop of a hat so the roller coaster of post-story depression gets pretty exhausting.

The fact that I have to micromanage my game-playing time/methods due to intense physical pain from my post-RSI if I'm not careful and strict with myself just adds another layer to the mess. Can't just jump into the next thing yet because I pushed myself too hard getting through the last game's finale. :/
What game was this?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 26, 2016, 09:14:49 am »

What game was this?
Doesn't really matter, but it was Fire Emblem: Awakening. The story wasn't even particularly great, I just got really invested in all 40+ stupid characters and how their little lives would turn out.

My sister bought me Undertale and I've been interested in it for ages, but I'm still legitimately afraid to play it because I am absolutely confident it will destroy me. ): Physically as well as emotionally, at this point.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 26, 2016, 06:29:05 pm »

What game was this?
Doesn't really matter, but it was Fire Emblem: Awakening. The story wasn't even particularly great, I just got really invested in all 40+ stupid characters and how their little lives would turn out.

My sister bought me Undertale and I've been interested in it for ages, but I'm still legitimately afraid to play it because I am absolutely confident it will destroy me. ): Physically as well as emotionally, at this point.
Oh, yeah, it will most likely wreak emotional havoc. But, I can't recommend it enough, still.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #798 on: April 26, 2016, 06:36:17 pm »

Got a job offer, but they want me to work Sundays. Hurk.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 26, 2016, 08:37:10 pm »

I keep wanting to get my ears pierced or something, but I'm tired of the stupid fucking "Just get the surgery and become a woman already, fag!" comments, and I have a feeling that wouldn't help ::)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 26, 2016, 08:38:05 pm »

Do you want to become a woman though?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 26, 2016, 08:46:26 pm »

No. I'm male, that's what I am, that's what I'd like to stay. I'm apparently incredibly feminine though, so that means I do in people's minds :V

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 26, 2016, 09:17:18 pm »

*applies hugpats*

Also, @DeKaFu:Undertale, play it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 26, 2016, 09:25:09 pm »

Honestly, the only reason I even interact with people is because if I don't my family starts asking questions and it's required to live where I live; otherwise, I would order things online and have food and stuff shipped to my door, and only leave my house to go in my back yard that has ten-foot tall fencing all the way around so no one can see in. This is, of course, in a perfect world, which mine most definetly is not.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 27, 2016, 01:38:57 am »

What game was this?

Oh, yeah, it will most likely wreak emotional havoc. But, I can't recommend it enough, still.
Eg, Undertale is an absolutely excellent game, I can't deny that. But I'd like to say that it lacked any emotional impact for me. You should still play it though, if only to get an idea of the direction in which game narratives should hopefully be going.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 27, 2016, 02:33:57 am »

I like Undertale, but I wouldn't want every game narrative to be in the style of Undertale, in the same way I wouldn't want every game to be in the style of System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. They're great games for what they are, but asking for more to be like them in the hopes of more creativity is like trying to create a jet engine by reinventing the wheel.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 27, 2016, 02:41:38 am »

I like Undertale, but I wouldn't want every game narrative to be in the style of Undertale, in the same way I wouldn't want every game to be in the style of System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. They're great games for what they are, but asking for more to be like them in the hopes of more creativity is like trying to create a jet engine by reinventing the wheel.
Um, I'm not sure that analogy worked all that well... but yeah, it seems strange to want the plot of every game to be like this one game you liked.

I do wish there were more games with good stories, though. I've played a few that had excellent ones, but in most single-player games the story/dialogue is bad enough that I never bother finishing it, ha. I have a lot of unfinished games lying around for that reason... and then there's Wind Waker, which was apparently just too hard for my nine-year-old self to finish.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 27, 2016, 02:51:41 am »

Yeah, fair enough. What I would like though, is if more games looked at Undertale and the ways in which it told its story and drew elements from it. Asking every game to be Undertale is ridiculous and would lead to boring games.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 27, 2016, 03:03:33 am »

What game was this?

Eg, Undertale is an absolutely excellent game, I can't deny that. But I'd like to say that it lacked any emotional impact for me. You should still play it though, if only to get an idea of the direction in which game narratives should hopefully be going.
Considering what they said though, it seems like it would. I got emotional impact, and if they are easily emotionally susceptible (much like me) they'll probably get somewhat emotional.

This is true.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 27, 2016, 10:21:08 am »

Definitely. I hate it when games (heck, any form of media) claim to be like "[Popular Media] but better!" It's never better, it always just comes across as a cash-in with no creativity behind it.

Amusingly, I was afraid that this would be what Undertale was before I played it--I'd heard ridiculous amounts of hype over the EarthBound-esque elements to the point that I was afraid the whole thing would just be a love letter to it. There's a couple vague references, but otherwise the two don't really have anything to do with one another in the first place.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 779