Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859571 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2040 on: November 04, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »

Eep ._.

This is how Tiruin's soul is crushed; not with a bang, but with an eep.
BAD DWARFY
BAD
NO CRUSHING
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2041 on: November 04, 2016, 09:24:21 pm »

I really don't know where this belongs. Maybe the Sad thread, but it's for real people with real problems to take care of. It feels more urgent than an idle pressure release.

I'm just so fed up with it. I'm warm, dry, and I've just had a big lovely platter of food. All needs are covered. So why do I want to die? Why don't I want to live? Nothing that was worth doing feels worth doing anymore. I know that a feeling is useless. Yet why does it weaken and hinder me so? Why, in heaven's sake, do I want to die, when there are little children dragging themselves along by their parched lips in this world, et cetera?

It seems someone far more worthy should've had my spot in eternity. Maybe it's to teach me something, but I fear the lesson is passing over my head.

There's been a mistake, and this place in the human reality should've gone with someone with the sense to appreciate their blessings more.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 04, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »

You might have Depression or something that causes Depression resembling symptoms. Like, this may be a sincere medical condition. Not a doctor, but I recommend seeing one if possible.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 05, 2016, 01:29:04 am »

i made dinner before coming home from work because i'm fucking starving

but now that i'm actually eating it, i completely regret adding tomatoes and it's not exactly something i can keep as leftovers...

it still tastes like tomatoes even after picking them out too

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 05, 2016, 01:38:43 am »

But tomatoes are great?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 05, 2016, 01:49:34 am »

Tomatoes are awful, they're like fleshy water balloons. Worst vegetable 0/10
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 05, 2016, 02:02:19 am »

i normally like tomatoes or i wouldn't've even considered using them in the first

i'm just not feeling the flavour of them tonight

not even a vegetable/10

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 05, 2016, 02:05:59 am »

not even a vegetable/10
Dat's raycist! D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 05, 2016, 02:10:52 am »

I really don't know where this belongs. Maybe the Sad thread, but it's for real people with real problems to take care of. It feels more urgent than an idle pressure release.

I'm just so fed up with it. I'm warm, dry, and I've just had a big lovely platter of food. All needs are covered. So why do I want to die? Why don't I want to live? Nothing that was worth doing feels worth doing anymore. I know that a feeling is useless. Yet why does it weaken and hinder me so? Why, in heaven's sake, do I want to die, when there are little children dragging themselves along by their parched lips in this world, et cetera?

It seems someone far more worthy should've had my spot in eternity. Maybe it's to teach me something, but I fear the lesson is passing over my head.

There's been a mistake, and this place in the human reality should've gone with someone with the sense to appreciate their blessings more.
*hugs*

Is there somebody you could talk to about this?  A therapist, a friend?  Random internetizens?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 05, 2016, 02:25:11 am »

I want to make a hat for my next knitting thing. But knitting with circular needles is the hugest pain in the ass ever, and I don't have any double-point needles at the moment (not that I've ever used those either).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 05, 2016, 03:56:40 am »

My laptop's CD drive seems to be malfunctioning. It will play some CDs, but not others.
This makes listening to and ripping music that I only own on CD rather problematic. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 05, 2016, 04:28:55 am »

So hey, Depression has this way of short-circuiting your thinking, particularly about your self-worth, about meaning, about living, etc. It can make you want to blame yourself for all your shortcomings, count all your blessings as undeserved and a reason for self-loathing, and make you ignore or undermine everything you've done well. It can make it hard to see the value in things. Sometimes, it can even make you want to harm or invite suffering on yourself, as a way to correct some cosmic Karmic imbalance... as though your suffering is some payment that should be enacted for some imagined slight against the universe, just by virtue of being yourself.

Here's a thought experiment; would you hold someone else accountable in this same way, if they were in a similar place? Are you upset when other people important to you have the sorts of good things that you have right now? What about relative strangers... say if they were really ineffective people, worse than the way you see yourself right now... would you be upset that they have these things either? If not, why not try to extend the kindness, forgiveness, and generosity you show other people to yourself?

Depression sucks, but it's a temporary state. Once you're feeling better, if you're still bummed about some things in your life that you want to change, brainstorm some ways to make it better. For now, focus on putting one foot in front of the other. It'll get better. And you can make it better too, if you keep going.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:31:53 am by Solifuge »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 05, 2016, 05:43:10 am »

Been playing quite a bit of Drawception lately, and a theme emerged in one game that was rather entertaining despite me not getting the reference. I asked where it was from and was told to check out some Vinesauce videos on Youtube... I did, I was rather disappointed, and now I'm getting their brain-dead garbage showing up in my (previously rather good) Youtube recommendations. :-\

I mean, this sort of thing has happened before, and after a while Youtube generally gets the idea and stops recommending whatever it is, but still. Mildly distressing. Perhaps I can remove suggestions...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 05, 2016, 08:29:16 am »

Been playing quite a bit of Drawception lately, and a theme emerged in one game that was rather entertaining despite me not getting the reference. I asked where it was from and was told to check out some Vinesauce videos on Youtube... I did, I was rather disappointed, and now I'm getting their brain-dead garbage showing up in my (previously rather good) Youtube recommendations. :-\

I mean, this sort of thing has happened before, and after a while Youtube generally gets the idea and stops recommending whatever it is, but still. Mildly distressing. Perhaps I can remove suggestions...
I'm 18, and I've watched all of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged over a couple weeks earlier this year. Youtube's algorithms now apparently think I'm a weeb looking for hentai.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: November 05, 2016, 10:26:44 am »

Its right.

Were all weebs looking for hentai

Dog woke me up extra early this morning to go out. So tired
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 779