Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855336 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2460 on: January 21, 2017, 07:31:56 am »

I need to travel to the different town in order to deal with inheritance BS, and I think this will not be my last "trip" (this one is not the first time, tho). I'll have to wake up very early to get to the train in time, at 5:20 AM. But at least I'll also take my notebook on the trip, otherwise, I would die from boredom.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2461 on: January 21, 2017, 03:37:52 pm »

I have to be up practically 24/7 to get any kind of peace and quiet, since everybody else's sleep schedule is apparently as fucked up as mine so there's always somebody awake at all hours of the day. It's like some kind of machine, I have to find the right gaps where the cycles all line up so I can sit on the couch and just not hear the sound of another person's voice.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: January 21, 2017, 04:52:22 pm »

I have to be up practically 24/7 to get any kind of peace and quiet, since everybody else's sleep schedule is apparently as fucked up as mine so there's always somebody awake at all hours of the day. It's like some kind of machine, I have to find the right gaps where the cycles all line up so I can sit on the couch and just not hear the sound of another person's voice.
Are you me? Like goddamn, all I want is some alone time. But naaaaw. Ain't happening.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: January 22, 2017, 04:17:03 pm »

Ay ay ay I am tired.
Such an extraordinarily large effort it has taken for me to be getting myself out of bed and away from the dreams I was having such a short time ago. All this just so I can go be talked at in an office by some jerk for no actual purpose whatsoever. They probably aim for such early appointments on purpose just to make my misery more complete.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: January 22, 2017, 04:42:29 pm »

It's crystallized in my mind that my plans for improving the quality of life/helping the singularity/saving the most humans is going to be a lifelong project.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:34 pm »

The APA style tutorial our teacher provided is some kind of Flash slideshow made in 1993 with Adobe Presenter. It's hosted on a seperate website but served in an iframe on the school's online learning system. The content is over an insecure connection, while the school's website is secure. That means that every browser and their mother is going to block it. Trying to go to the content itself doesn't make it load either, it just gives me a server error.

tl;dr it doesn't fucking work.

I'm tempted to just turn in 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR for this essay, and every forthcoming essay.

I used to be all for technology in education but now I just wish they'd just give me a piece of paper with the directions. It's clear that if you try to make schools do anything with websites or the Internet they'll just end up hurting themselves.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: January 22, 2017, 06:39:04 pm »

The APA style tutorial our teacher provided is some kind of Flash slideshow made in 1993 with Adobe Presenter. It's hosted on a seperate website but served in an iframe on the school's online learning system. The content is over an insecure connection, while the school's website is secure. That means that every browser and their mother is going to block it. Trying to go to the content itself doesn't make it load either, it just gives me a server error.

tl;dr it doesn't fucking work.

I'm tempted to just turn in 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR for this essay, and every forthcoming essay.

I used to be all for technology in education but now I just wish they'd just give me a piece of paper with the directions. It's clear that if you try to make schools do anything with websites or the Internet they'll just end up hurting themselves.
why didn't they just link to the website https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ so much easier.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: January 22, 2017, 06:43:03 pm »

I've learned throughout college that every professor has their own definition of MLA (or APA) that has nothing to do with the actual official standard. It is always safest to follow the exact guide they give you to the letter, lest you be marked down for having the second line of a multi-line citation indented once instead of twice.

Also, the Flash slideshow is hosted on apa.org, the official American Psychological Association website. I tried navigating to it from their homepage and still got the server error, requiet en pace.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: January 23, 2017, 11:16:28 pm »

Shift is half over, but I'm only just barely half done with my section and I've been sweating nonstop, now my skin feels like its on fire. This job will not be relaxed and laid back if I can't speed up. At least I'll lose weight since I never really have food I can bring or money to buy any.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: January 24, 2017, 06:49:16 am »

I missed an exercise because I woke up too late. Also my microphone is broke after I let it fall to the ground one too many times, RIP mic you served me kinda okay.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: January 24, 2017, 09:33:58 am »

Just remembered that I'm supposed to go do some stupid shit tomorrow in order to get paid.
I think it's more just a "sit there and get talked at" kind of thing for this first day, but it's still apparently gonna take most of the day. Need to remember to send a message about the rooms I inspected today, too... I haven't heard back about the place I inspected the other day, which I kind of preferred, which is annoying.

Man, I don't want to have to get up in the morning. It's already half-past twelve, or one if you do daylight savings.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: January 24, 2017, 02:39:02 pm »

Dutch chicken farmers who invested lots of money to switch to the more animal friendly 'free range' chickens are hit extra hard by the bird flu epidemic thats been affecting poultry farmers across Europe since the second half of last year.

To get the EU regulated label 'free range', it is mandatory that the chickens have outdoor access for at least 42 out of 52 weeks in a year.
With the government mandate that forces them to keep their chickens inside for almost 10 weeks now (because of the bird flu, birds have to be kept inside, and transport of poultry is forbidden), they are getting close to losing their label, which will make their egg's value drop tons.

The EU agrarian commission does not see why it should make an exception on the label rule, even though the farmers have no choice but to keep their chickens cooped.
Dutch government is looking if it is possible to clear the mandate, although bird flu experts say it is probably too early to do that.

It's sad, because it hits those farmers who have been willing to invest in animal welfare, while not affecting the less animal friendly farmers.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: January 24, 2017, 03:07:15 pm »

The EU agrarian commission does not see why it should make an exception on the label rule, even though the farmers have no choice but to keep their chickens cooped.
Dutch government is looking if it is possible to clear the mandate, although bird flu experts say it is probably too early to do that.

It's sad, because it hits those farmers who have been willing to invest in animal welfare, while not affecting the less animal friendly farmers.

And they wonder why there is such growing dissatisfaction with the EU.  This is the very definition of a perverse incentive.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: January 24, 2017, 03:16:36 pm »

The incentive itself is fine. The lack of leniency for special circumstance is perverse
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: January 24, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »

The incentive itself is fine. The lack of leniency for special circumstance is perverse

It's perverse under these circumstances because it discourages anyone from putting resources into future such incentives, seeing as they will also be likely to be handled in an incompetent way that disregards changed circumstances and instead punishes those who cooperated.

If they consider it important enough to maintain the purity of the value-increasing free range label that they aren't going to change that, it seems it would simply make sense to do something to offset the resulting harm (at least partially) and keep people who acted in good faith from being unduly punished and, more importantly, ensuring they don't simply abandon the project entirely.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 778