Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855348 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9630 on: February 11, 2022, 04:52:56 pm »

"If all the necessary things in the our genes are on the X chromosome and females have it, then why do males exist?"

Looks at the ginormous gaping hole in the middle of the biology curriculum where the Theory of Evolution is supposed to be;

"Gee, I SURE wonder just that too. But I guess it is some unexplainable and supposedly divine mystery."

"If we came from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys."

Listen-

It is a five second search dude. Please, be based, not cringe.

Look, I may be hyperfixating, but even my hereby heathen are completely clueless about what evolution is and how it works. And that is not okay. You can't cheerypick science. That is just not how it works.

Like, its one of the most well-known and respected theories around. If we want to be a nation known for upholding science and stuff, we have to acknowledge the tree of life.

There is no other way. There is no closing eyes and ears and pretending its not there.There is no blindly opposing it.

Like come on its 2022!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: February 11, 2022, 06:02:10 pm »

What happened to Atatürk's secular and modern Turkey?
Are there no secular schools that teach biology without islam interference?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: February 11, 2022, 10:15:02 pm »

The radical trans-friendly ideology of certain theocracies:  I don't care that you're XY, you're obviously a woman so cover your face outside!
/s

Much less flippantly:  It's tragic how Islamic (and Catholic) religious scholars preserved and advanced knowledge throughout history.  Obviously not perfectly or fully impartially, but notably well.  It's tragic because nowadays every major religious group seem infested by demagogues trying to do the opposite.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: February 11, 2022, 10:19:03 pm »

It's tragic because nowadays every major religious group seem infested by demagogues trying to do the opposite.

It's the only way those religions can survive. Any scientific mindset would eventually reveal the evidence against the existence of God to the follower. The more moderate branches have mostly died out for this reason.

It's basic memetics unfortunately.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: February 12, 2022, 02:13:35 am »

3 hours earlier on the 6th day is just plain torture and there is no way im gonna wait 30 minutes for something to eat because these muggles are pathologically normal, I'd rather starve than see 20 stupid faces that early
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: February 12, 2022, 02:19:17 am »

It's gone. lol
All Turkish schools abide by the offical school curriculums by law. Evolution is not recognised by the curriculum, neither negatively or positively. So, no teaching of it.

Much less flippantly:  It's tragic how Islamic (and Catholic) religious scholars preserved and advanced knowledge throughout history.  Obviously not perfectly or fully impartially, but notably well.  It's tragic because nowadays every major religious group seem infested by demagogues trying to do the opposite.

Heh. You sweet summer... adult(?). Their endevours weren't for preservation. They were for estrangement.

The Catholci Church first wanted to suffocate modern science in its infancy. Then it tried to silence it by death threats in its childhood. Then tried to control its direction once it realised that the chil was now a rebellious, cunning adolencent and that its power has spread like wildfire.

And now, science is an adult. An powerful, fully-autonomous adult, who is no way affected by any of the dogma the church tried to reign over it with before. Now, church has to oblige.

The Catholic Clergy saw the rise of secularism and atheism a generation before its arrival. So they changed politics. They opposed birth control, so they would be able to replenish the flock as the heathenfolk started to tear at their outskirts, taking away their young. They became meeker, much less demanding. They whitewashed their dogma and themselves, they feigned tameness, so they could stay in the faster modren life; anything larger would be abandoned.

But that is not enough. Hey, enthropy called. It wants them gone. There is a 1800 years of debt of existance it demands payment for.

Abrahamic religions evolved in the middle of the Middle East. That environment was always competitive, may faiths clashed for control while new ones either formed themselves or branched out of others.
Judaism started as a freak variant of the Ancient Canaanite religion. Yahweh was a war and storm god, and the local leaders used its figure to rally up forces to conquer.

The rest is just a rather hefty streak of luck. Judaism first managed to spread, but since it retained its basal self-isolative traits, it was overshadowed by its more derived forms, Christianity and Islam. The those too diverged and branched out, and here we are.

Fun Fact: First Christians did not called themselves Christians.
Fun Fact: When Islam first appeared, and some time after that, Christians saw them as just a heretical branch of Christianity, not something of its own.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 02:31:19 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: February 12, 2022, 06:52:38 am »

It's tragic because nowadays every major religious group seem infested by demagogues trying to do the opposite.

It's the only way those religions can survive. Any scientific mindset would eventually reveal the evidence against the existence of God to the follower. The more moderate branches have mostly died out for this reason.

What evidence? Unless you interpret the Bible in a literalist way, then it really is unfalsifiable. There has been no die-off of moderate branches.

It's gone. lol
All Turkish schools abide by the offical school curriculums by law. Evolution is not recognised by the curriculum, neither negatively or positively. So, no teaching of it.

Heh. You sweet summer... adult(?). Their endevours weren't for preservation. They were for estrangement.

The Catholci Church first wanted to suffocate modern science in its infancy. Then it tried to silence it by death threats in its childhood. Then tried to control its direction once it realised that the chil was now a rebellious, cunning adolencent and that its power has spread like wildfire.

And now, science is an adult. An powerful, fully-autonomous adult, who is no way affected by any of the dogma the church tried to reign over it with before. Now, church has to oblige.

The Catholic Clergy saw the rise of secularism and atheism a generation before its arrival. So they changed politics. They opposed birth control, so they would be able to replenish the flock as the heathenfolk started to tear at their outskirts, taking away their young. They became meeker, much less demanding. They whitewashed their dogma and themselves, they feigned tameness, so they could stay in the faster modren life; anything larger would be abandoned.

But that is not enough. Hey, enthropy called. It wants them gone. There is a 1800 years of debt of existance it demands payment for.

Abrahamic religions evolved in the middle of the Middle East. That environment was always competitive, may faiths clashed for control while new ones either formed themselves or branched out of others.
Judaism started as a freak variant of the Ancient Canaanite religion. Yahweh was a war and storm god, and the local leaders used its figure to rally up forces to conquer.

The rest is just a rather hefty streak of luck. Judaism first managed to spread, but since it retained its basal self-isolative traits, it was overshadowed by its more derived forms, Christianity and Islam. The those too diverged and branched out, and here we are.

Fun Fact: First Christians did not called themselves Christians.
Fun Fact: When Islam first appeared, and some time after that, Christians saw them as just a heretical branch of Christianity, not something of its own.
Just because your country is a borderline theocracy doesn't mean everyone following an Abrahamic religion is an anti-scientific nutter. Yes, there are fundamentalists. But there are always moderates that comprise the majority of every single religion that isn't a small cult. There also happen to be atheist fundamentalists, and you are one of them. I used to be part of that rabble. Now my old self has been fed into a woodchipper for one and a half years now. Atheist Max is dead, and God killed her.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:54:59 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: February 12, 2022, 09:09:40 am »

Insolence it's allways insolence with those misscarriages, you tell them no, they keep poking heavily implying that it's no because I didn't my job (yes I'll snap my finger and 30m³ will dissappear its not my fucking garbage)... Then when you tell them off they allways grasp for insolence, they would never utter that word if I looked 40+ but a young person can't just inconvenience them.

One day I will fly through one of those misscarriages like a bulldozer.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: February 12, 2022, 09:25:57 am »

Just because your country is a borderline theocracy doesn't mean everyone following an Abrahamic religion is an anti-scientific nutter. Yes, there are fundamentalists. But there are always moderates that comprise the majority of every single religion that isn't a small cult. There also happen to be atheist fundamentalists, and you are one of them. I used to be part of that rabble. Now my old self has been fed into a woodchipper for one and a half years now. Atheist Max is dead, and God killed her.

I never said that. You clearly aren't a anti-scientific religious nutter. I mean, you are here. What would a anti-scientific religious nutter even do in Bay12?

And since when memetics became some edgy atheist thing? It's just memetics. A neutral cluster of observations. Memes are anything that people communicate to eachother. Thoughts, emotions, anything that involves a thought process and is communicatable is under the classification of ''meme''. That includes religion. All of them. Any form of them.

And like everything that self-replicates, memes too are subject to mutation, natural selection, evolution and speciation. That is why Christian denominations and Islamic sects exist in the first place, even though both of their sources are only really one. Evolution though natural selection is a real thing. We agree on that, right?

Look. It, just, is. This in no way means that all religious people are dumb. Or somehow deficient.

Also, how do you be a fundamentalist atheist? Atheism is literally a void. It isn't a state of being in on itself. How do you substantiate that into some ideology? You mean an anti-theist? A misotheist?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: February 12, 2022, 09:28:02 am »

Richard Dawkins and his ilk are atheist fundamentalists, desiring the end to all religion.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: February 12, 2022, 09:30:50 am »

I never said that. You clearly aren't a anti-scientific religious nutter. I mean, you are here. What would a anti-scientific religious nutter even do in Bay12?

And since when memetics became some edgy atheist thing? It's just memetics. A neutral cluster of observations. Memes are anything that people communicate to eachother. Thoughts, emotions, anything that involves a thought process and is communicatable is under the classification of ''meme''. That includes religion. All of them. Any form of them.

And like everything that self-replicates, memes too are subject to mutation, natural selection, evolution and speciation. That is why Christian denominations and Islamic sects exist in the first place, even though both of their sources are only really one. Evolution though natural selection is a real thing. We agree on that, right?

Look. It, just, is. This in no way means that all religious people are dumb. Or somehow deficient.

Also, how do you be a fundamentalist atheist? Atheism is literally a void. It isn't a state of being in on itself. How do you substantiate that into some ideology? You mean an anti-theist? A misotheist?
1. Well your two rants kind of read that way. I basically agree about memetics though.

2. To me anyone who doesn't believe in some sort of supernatural thing is an atheist. Misotheists and anti-theists overlap massively though, and those are the ones I meant. They act and preach like fundamentalists, so they are.

Richard Dawkins and his ilk are atheist fundamentalists, desiring the end to all religion.
Him and edgy 13-year-olds online, yes.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: February 12, 2022, 09:35:07 am »

I don’t like Dawkins, but organized religion is a bad thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: February 12, 2022, 10:35:52 am »

I'm trying to preorder Elden Ring... but my bank keeps rejecting the payment. I go to my bank, and learn that trying to make that purchase insta-revoked my card, to protect my money. I let them know that was a misunderstanding, and they re-enable my card, with a note that the website I'm buying from is legit. I go back to the website, try to preorder Elden Ring, and my bank still rejects the payment...

... I'm mad. I have no clue how to force it to make the purchase.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: February 12, 2022, 12:10:42 pm »

In december last year, 67 journalists were brought before the court in Turkey for insulting the president and other 'crimes'.
Added up together, they face a total of 1334 years in prison.

One of the journalists, famous TV journalist Sedef Kabaş faces charges of 11 years and 8 months for comparing Erdogan to a cow, because she used turkish proverbs in a TV interview.

She said "Our saying goes: 'the crowned head becomes wiser'. But this is not our reality. There also is a saying that says 'when cattle enters the palace, it does not become king. Instead, the palace becomes a barn'".
From her jail cell she stated that 'Erdogan has been after me ever since I once said "when you are an economist, I am the queen of England".

I really hope for Turkey that Erdogan drops dead soon and fair elections can bring positive change for Turkey.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: February 13, 2022, 03:50:34 pm »

Wow we don't have an "angry" thread?  I'm not mildly upset, I'm livid.

When oh when will the powers that be outlaw requiring logins to play games locally?   We sent the PS3 to grandma's, along with the PS3 copy of Minecraft (which I think was still Mojang).  Kid had a friend over and wanted to play Minecraft so, ok, we spent $20 to download it, because I know the kids will want to play it anyway and the $20 isn't worth the headache.

Now the anger rises: You can't even play the damn game locally - you have to have a Microsoft account.  Didn't have to do that with the PS3 version... Ok fine whatever.

Try to do split-screen multiplayer.  Other kid has to have not just a PlayStation account, but also a Microsoft account.  FOR FRICKIN SPLIT SCREEN MULTIPLAYER.

I want to punch someone.

Not proud of it, but holy crap does this make me mad.

There is zero, ZERO, technical reason why this is required. It's wholly abusive practice for a game that doesn't need to be online.

I'm still sad Mojang sold out... a great game got turned into a cog in the corporate dollar generating machine.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 778