Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859575 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10560 on: November 19, 2022, 03:10:12 pm »

I appreciate it None and Drag. Every single day I feel I'm failing at the small decisions and trials in life, and so I'm making a fool of myself;

Bruh, that's me. I make mistakes often. But I'm managing well. I don't take them to heart. It's just like a casual note in my mind. Ask yourself if you were just by yourself with no one observing, would you feel this way? Because you don't need the approval of people who are not close to you.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: November 20, 2022, 08:23:49 am »

Looking to buy a new tele and/or computer screen. Dammit, why is tech stuff so intimidating
Love, scriver~

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: November 20, 2022, 01:50:20 pm »

I just passed a blood clot in my urine. Seems like a UTI. I told a doctor about some preliminary symptoms like musty odor and retention suspecting it was a UTI over a year ago and the dumbass convinced me I was just constipated. You don't get blood in your urine from constipation. Now I'm worried it's spread to my kidneys.

The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: November 21, 2022, 05:01:21 am »

Sounds like you need to go to a hospital, also get rid of that doctor he obviously doesn't know what he's doing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10564 on: November 21, 2022, 06:55:59 am »

I've only just noticed that Descan's been absent from the forums for over a year.

There's so many people that I'm used to seeing who I'm probably never going to be in contact with again because these forums were the only way we knew each other.
One day you say see you later to your m8s for the last time. It's why it's good to be grateful for all the moments we do have now

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: November 22, 2022, 11:39:43 pm »

Upset stomach, not sure if it's the medication I'm on or a stomach bug. I suspect the latter. My dinner from last night has, judging by the fact I'm burping up gas that tastes like it, failed to leave my stomach after 9 hours sat in there, my farts fucking reek to the extent I'm burning incense and keeping the window open despite it being fucking freezing, and I keep burping up acid.

I woke up at 2am, it's now 4.30 and I still can't sleep because of it. If it doesn't resolve itself, I hope it's like my last stomach bug where I puked and immediately felt better.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: November 23, 2022, 01:00:43 am »

I seem to think you’re on sertraline.

If so it does come with a wonderful array of gasto-intestinal side-effects, which range from the retentive to expulsive.

Hopefully you feel better soon though, regardless of the cause!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: November 23, 2022, 05:05:35 am »

Oh yeah, I am, but I've been on it before. Just caused nausea and a bit of gagging for a couple of weeks, and every SSRI I've been on has caused some constipation. Never had one cause me to start producing sulphurous farts though.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: November 24, 2022, 10:58:02 am »

The only things i can think of is A, you're turning into a demon;n or B, have you eaten lots of eggs lately?

Possibly Ba, you've eaten a raw demon chicken egg and now it's hatching on your stomach
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: November 25, 2022, 04:17:30 am »

From what I've heard the only way to get rind of the demon chicken is to let it find its own way out and as far as I can tell it's never pleasant as it always tears it's way out. So hopefully a demon chicken hasn't hatched in your stomach.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: November 25, 2022, 10:32:43 am »

In the time it took me to go to the bathroom and return the dog slipped into my room and damaged another £35 model that I had put a few hours work into. Might be salvageable, might not be.

I don't think I've ever held such animosity towards any living thing as I do towards him. I seriously would have preferred a god damn crocodile over the wretch.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10571 on: November 25, 2022, 01:59:42 pm »

I have a similar grief. My sister got a cat that ended up hating her so she bought a kitten that she ended up hating. Now I have two cats that love me but the young one chews and scratches everything; destroys things for fun. I am very patient but he is immune to training or domestication; I'd give him away if he did not love me so much. But he must stop eating my foot every 4:00 A.M. ;-;

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: November 25, 2022, 02:01:40 pm »

Dunno about crocs, but baby gators are actually remarkably adorable. It was highly illegal, but we had one as a pet for a while when I was young. They love head scritches.

dealing with them when they grow up isn't something you want to worry about, though

also did i mention it's illegal?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: November 25, 2022, 02:50:46 pm »

I have a similar grief. My sister got a cat that ended up hating her so she bought a kitten that she ended up hating. Now I have two cats that love me but the young one chews and scratches everything; destroys things for fun. I am very patient but he is immune to training or domestication; I'd give him away if he did not love me so much. But he must stop eating my foot every 4:00 A.M. ;-;

Used to have a cat like that. If I could swap the dog to get her back I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Scratches on my ankles, being bitten on the ear and ambushed are all preferable to the dog imo. Bea never damaged my stuff, and I'm much more comfortable with even unfriendly cats (she was friendly, but also aggressive) than with any dog.

Dunno about crocs, but baby gators are actually remarkably adorable. It was highly illegal, but we had one as a pet for a while when I was young. They love head scritches.

dealing with them when they grow up isn't something you want to worry about, though

also did i mention it's illegal?

Round here the issue would be the climate more than anything, though I doubt they're legal here without a license. Scotland isn't a good place for crocodiles most of the year, and being cooped up in a house almost every day of the year is no life for a croc of any kind.

I do like crocs though, and would actually seriously consider one of the smaller species as a pet in the right circumstances, so maybe it wasn't the best comparison.

Perhaps a tub of roaches? But then I've kept roaches in the past and liked them more than the dog, so that's also not a great comparison.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: November 25, 2022, 04:24:54 pm »

Is there any way you can put the figurines out of reach of the dog? Or just not let him in the room.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 779