Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855356 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10635 on: December 07, 2022, 05:23:24 am »

Damn you 500 errors!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: December 07, 2022, 07:52:51 am »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: December 09, 2022, 01:55:29 pm »

This weekend is my 30th birthday (yay I guess) and is also the last proper free Friday I can get until the new years break. So I decided to get together what little of a social circle I have left and have a nice round of drinks, been a while since I've had a nice round of drinks with some of them. But hey, Croatia just had to go and win that game today, and while I'm super happy for them I am also not at all looking forward to every single god-damn pub and bar being besieged by hordes of people who've been drinking for several hours now. Again, nothing against folks being drunk and merry, I just don't feel like I have the energy to deal with that shit at the moment.

And calling it off this late would be super shitty to the few folks who actually can come and would mean I get to skip having a birthday party of a sort for my 30th.

Mildly upsetting :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: December 09, 2022, 02:24:33 pm »

Are there no quiet kind of pubs where you live? Some jazzy places, maybe? They're less likely to have that kind of crowd in the first place.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: December 10, 2022, 06:50:35 am »

Even if there were they were all caught up in the frenzy.

Anyways, turned out my worries were mostly unfounded, or rather, after a few drinks you kinda catch the energy of the place and just have a pretty good time. Saw some folks I haven't seen in years, just randomly picking the same bar as we did. Also got a number from a girl, or rather, my friend aggressively sold me to her and then just took my phone and told her to type in my number. I wasn't even trying to get anywhere with her, she just approached us because apparently she's related to one of our highschool classmates or something. Still, was cute enough and a mutual friend claims she's a sweetheart, so I have that potential date to worry about too :V

Still, damn good night at the end of it, even if I am bloody hungover and have to work today :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: December 10, 2022, 11:37:55 am »

I mean you did beat Brazil so I understand the frenzy even if I wouldn't have liked it either. That's not a normal win that's a super victory
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: December 10, 2022, 12:23:39 pm »

Croatia were finalists at the last World Cup though, so it’s not that out of the ordinary, and they did win the previous round via shootout also, so had the experience.

The goalie did rather well though, I think over the two shootouts he’s saved four or five penalties, which is quite ridiculous.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: December 10, 2022, 02:22:16 pm »

Currently cramped under a mobility walker and groceries because the car isn’t big enough for all this crap, and we aren’t even halfway to a fish and chips place two hours away. My nan will not accept any other chip shop than this specific one several towns away.

She didn’t even use her walker, because she brought her cane too. At least the food was good.

She just made my mom stop and do a u-turn because she saw a chocolate store she wanted to look at, but now that we’re parked she doesn’t want to go in anymore.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 03:47:30 pm by BlackFlyme »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: December 11, 2022, 12:22:33 am »

Ran out of propane. Dinner didnt cook as a result, ate crackers and cheese. No propane means can't run the generator, so no power. No generator means no water. We're snowed in so we can't just go fill up the little tanks, and the gas company won't deliver until the 16th, if they come at all with the road conditions as they are. They also won't deliver more than 100 gallons if we aren't present on the day they show up, which is how we ended up in this situation.

Basically down to hanging out in the cold being miserable for the rest of the week and praying somebody is home when they show up. But I have orientation for the job I'm starting on Wednesday > friday too. So if I'm gone, and mom goes to town for some reason, then we don't get a full tank of propane, and they refuse to come finish filling it until the next scheduled month, so well run out of propane early again.

I've come to learn that my mother is just not responsible about these things. I don't trust her to make sure someone's there on the day, but I can't risk losing this job.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: December 11, 2022, 01:59:39 pm »

Forgot to take my dogs to a walk today, it isn't a big problem because they have garden to use but I still feel like I am losing focus.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: December 11, 2022, 03:19:18 pm »

I saw the kids show I used to watch a decade ago.

And I am now confronted by my own mortality.

MAKE IT STOP-
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: December 11, 2022, 03:56:32 pm »

MAKE IT STOP-
Know the feeling, today I realized what people my age usually do, time pass so fast.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: December 11, 2022, 04:11:31 pm »

MAKE IT STOP-
Know the feeling, today I realized what people my age usually do, time pass so fast.

HELP ME

HELP NAOW-

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: December 12, 2022, 02:10:52 am »

MAKE IT STOP-

HELP ME

HELP NAOW-
Have you tried not watching the show to see if the feeling passes?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: December 15, 2022, 05:07:13 pm »

I spent a fucking grueling two hours shoveling four inches or so of heavy wet snow, and my body is letting me know in no uncertain terms it is unhappy with my behaviour.

It’s also snowing again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 778