Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859669 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11145 on: July 14, 2023, 08:13:46 am »

Oh hey, sounds like they're cribbing notes from the US in regards to one of the major things to do to minority communities (pave over as much as you can and split them up with highways). Even odds that has little to nothing to actually do with improving access for cars and everything to do with fucking over minorities. Gods know that was the primary motivation over here :-\
Legit feels that way. Just saw today they surrounded one of the Hindu temples and made a main road cut through the China town. In all my time here I've seen one pedestrian crossing

The Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie, aka the gherkin song, or possibly the Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie by Nirvana
ye

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: July 14, 2023, 08:51:48 am »

They truly took paradise and built a carpark over it

I feel this in my soul, dude. Parts of Thailand I used to frequent went from beautiful overgrown temple to shopping mall.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: July 15, 2023, 02:39:15 am »

Saw an old guy in a documentary use the trackpad on a fancy macbook, and they showed him using his pc and I was mildly annoyed at the apparent inefficiency, but then they said he was a jurist and that made me genuinly upset.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: July 15, 2023, 03:28:11 am »

What's wrong with using the trackpad?

They truly took paradise and built a carpark over it

I feel this in my soul, dude. Parts of Thailand I used to frequent went from beautiful overgrown temple to shopping mall.
I also know that feel, it's never a good feeling when you see what used to be farm land and forest turned into crappy stores and shitty apartments.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: July 15, 2023, 03:37:16 am »

I get irritated if I don't have decent input even just to make a simple google search, so given what they earn by the hour, and that their actions set the deadlines for a bunch of stuff downstream... One would hope they have at least a decent mouse. But they can afford not to those wankers. What's it to them if they work inefficiently since they get to impose their timeschedule on everybody else.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11150 on: July 15, 2023, 09:08:44 am »

Sorry to hear that dude, I wish this was a localised madness

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: July 17, 2023, 10:56:10 am »

It wasn't my doctor that messed up. Apparently, there was a mix-up with my insurance, and the pharmacy didn't complete the order, they just held onto it and didn't bother to tell anyone. I'm not happy, my doctor's not happy, and I'm out the $45 copay for the doctor's visit that was a complete waste of time.

Spoiler: The good news (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: July 18, 2023, 04:42:09 am »

The good news are good!
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: July 19, 2023, 12:21:10 am »

Try to sleep and my brain decides I actually really, *really* need to be full of energy. Not a bit either, this is like I've gone and slammed three double espressos, except my last coffee was some 16 hours ago.

Dunno what the fuck prompted that, but I just can't fucking sleep when my brain's going a mile a minute and my body's ready to run up a mountain.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: July 22, 2023, 08:43:14 pm »

I don't like the way they are dogpiling on the guy who posted that picture. I will agree that not one thing in that picture attracts me, but what the fuck is wrong with people. This is not some ungodly mixture, just kinda bland because it's like only raw ingredients separated... It's not some stupid 30 second attention grabing video with an asinine recipe, it's just very simple food. And someone seemed to be genuinly happy about this meal, why not, it doesn't look stale, maybe just the fact to have 8 different things on their plate is kind of fancy to them. Maybe they real dig deconstructing the flavors instead of mixing them. Maybe they're just particular about their food, like they don't trust a lot of cooks or super rarely cook for themselves or what have you.

You wouldn't look at someone starving who's eyes glowed up because they got an apple, and sneer and be like: a real fruitsalad is where it's at noob.

I'm probably reacting to sensitively, for all I know it might be sarcastic... But once I sent someone a picture of little cupcake with a silly clownface on it, it was supposed to be silly because it was being sold for carneval, I had gotten it for my birthday, it was like the only thing that even acknowledged that it was my birthday, and without missing a beat the person whom I sent the picture called it ugly, and I did not like that one bit. Where is your fucking cupcake??! It will look all the same in the stomach anyway. Could have called it dumb and I might have laughed, yes how futile a smiley face, but expressing disgust is just mean.

Yes this is a valid BBQ, BBQ in and of itself is a stupid "meal" anyway (oh the method by which we prepare the ingredients makes the meal now, you consider this vocabulary, you call that culture?! omg sandwich semantics incoming  :D), I like to have my meal served all at once tyvm instead of micromanaging a bunch to get it piece by piece.
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: July 22, 2023, 09:10:30 pm »

Yeah, what?  It's fine.  The mac and the green beans look kinda bland, but food appearance can be extremely deceiving and the beans have some fat in there (as is the style).  Seems pretty typical for local food around here.

Needs more grits, cry more ya naysayers
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: July 23, 2023, 07:12:00 am »

Pretty typical for local food is definitely how it looks to me, yeah. Not... good typical, exactly (good bbq is slathered in delicious bbq sauce, damnit, if it's not a mess to eat with your fingers it's mid-tier bbq at best), but mass made for like a food sale fundraiser or something like that? Not bad, but not great, either.

Only thing that's particularly odd to my bbq sensibilities is that pepper just kinda' sitting there, and it sorta' looking like that's just mac instead of mac and cheese, but some sorts of M&C aren't super orange so it could just be a visual thing.

... though saying that nobody makes bbq like that except virginia is definitely wrong in the accuracy sense, heh. That's just bog standard workhorse bbq, I'm not even sure if there's anything in particular about it that's regional.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: July 29, 2023, 06:40:09 pm »

Not a fan of Fallout 4's settlement building, so I tried out Sim Settlements 2

Great, except that it causes crashes frequently for some unknown reason.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: July 29, 2023, 07:46:24 pm »

I don't like that whole "organic matter in debris" thing that made the news.

If you shot an UFO, just say so.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: July 29, 2023, 08:00:56 pm »

"Organic matter" can be nearly anything, though. I haven't followed the news since I've just been assuming what's been going on is some stupid meme, but whatever this debris is, it might have been naturally occurring hydrocarbons on it, nothing special.

As for my own mildly upset, I discovered several slats on one of my window blinds to be missing. I don't know when it happened, except it had to have been very recently. Possibly today. And I discovered this while trying to adjust the slats to deflect a wall of horizontal rain hitting my window. Annoyingly, they are at "privacy" height, which is also the height where a lot of my things, mousepad in particular, got wet. I would be more angry, but I looked up and found out that it's easy enough to fix, I just have to buy new slats since this window blind doesn't have spares.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 779