Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 33242 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Community Fortress) 42.04
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2016, 01:21:49 pm »

Sounds good Shofet, you got the stone industry focus, I can work on the wood, including preserving max zone area for olive tree growths. 

After this area, I have a strips of 7x7 walled / 5x5 indoor on one side, and a 5x5 walled or 3x3 indoors.  Plenty of room for outdoor farms and housing. 

Oh, nice, Obsidian block walls will be nice.   I'd gladly share what food I can make.

Or better yet, we can trade them for whoever is focusing on the food industry for lavish meals down the line.  I would argue that Lavish meals are more cost efficient since food is more base on numbers, Quantity.  Example.

Simple meals 2 items:
[5] plump helmet + [5] hen eggs + 1 food container = [10] plump helmet biscuit.
Regardless of Quality, this still yields 10 food items.

Lavish meals, 4 items:
[5] plump helmet + [5] hen eggs + [5] red spinach + [5] olive paste + 1 food container = [20] plump helmet roast.
Regardless of Quality, this still yields 20 food items, which is the sum of stacks of the each ingredients.

--

Now, I am wondering on actual game play during out blue print designs.

Do we create a burrow; add our citizens, then just work on our area?
But as far as needing / relying on trade resources, i.e. Mr Shofet's supply of stone blocks, obsidian pots and jugs, how or where do I get this during my game?

I suppose I can do burrow for Mr Shofet and add his citizens, then do a quick designation of dig quarry, make mason and crafts to mass produce just the items I need?

--

And with this train of thought, I would need to include to TimelessBob that I need xxxx obsidian blocks, xxx jugs, xxx stone pots etc.
But these too will be more a theoretical goal for what can be accomplished given the limited resource and skills of my district.

--

I did notice aluminum ores at district P.  I looks like we're going to have some valuable metal coins sooner in circulation.  Who's got the anvils?

And I wonder what minerals we have with obsidian boulders seems bountiful and messing up even a perfect 3x5 above ground farm plots.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2016, 01:41:30 pm »

Right! claim G, and the following dorfs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
only 5 i know, but whatever. i want a challenge!

Oh, and i accept graciously the offer of one tree cut down. Any one will do, just make sure it doesn't fall into a pond!.And nobody nicks it!

Oh, the anvil for sale. How about... 5000 dwarfbucks worth of goods given in the next 2 years? 2 years?

and a question: so, say the anvil offer is accepted, do i go ahead and take the anvil in my save game?
what about artifacts?

EDIT: name district lakecastle
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:46:21 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2016, 01:45:15 pm »

I made a claim post a day or so ago with my top 10 (I went with 8, couldn't think of any other specific dwarves) requests for dwarf founders. If no one else requests one of them then I shouldn't need to request others should I?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »

City Population: 33?  I think there's more, since the list in page 1 did not include the 7 or so founders? Anyway, list of citizens for out picking:

City Population: 33
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, I reorder them from my notes:

TimelessBob (District P, Founders)
1. Miss Light Dreamtorches
2. Mr Light Taughtlabored
3. Mr Light Laborspear
4. Mr Light Heatedlabored
5. Mr Light Justicepapaer
6. Mr Light Spirepaged (slain by were-civet, currently a ghost)

Sanctume (District F, gather plants, soap, carpenter)
1. Mr Ast Graverelic
2. Mrs Ast Dikecradle (current book-keeper)
3. Ast Blockadebolted

Shofet (District L, stone quarry)
1. Mr Feb Wadepaint (noble CMD)
2. Mrs Feb Dabbleclasp
3. Feb Lulledcopper

4. Mr Iton Packceilings
5. Mrs Iton Faintlantern
6. Miss Iton Glazedtwilights

Urdothor (District R, farming)
1. Miss Sarvesh Fountaingleamed

2. Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed
3. Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms

4. Mr Mestthos Paddleglows
5. Mrs Mestthos Laboredoil

7. Mr Lorbam Lancedstirred
8. Mrs Lorbam Blockadetwisted
9. Miss Lorbam Tonguetin
10. Lorbam Dikeankle
11. Miss Lorbam Udaredem

12. Mr Doren Inkspear
13. Mrs Doren Wondergilt
14. Doren Chamberlashed
15. Miss Doren Holemine
16. Doren Postspread

Gwolfski (District G)
1. Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet
2. Mrs Deduk Minereleased
3. Miss Deduk Washedpaper
4. Miss Deduk Furnacestern

5. Mr Zasit Knowingwind
6. Mrs Zasit Walledbowel
7. Miss Eral Paddledhigh

Unclaimed
1. Mr Cilob Nettrot

2. Mr Uzol Manorswamp
3. Mrs Uzol Wringbust
4. Uzol Socketpapers

Districts of Interest / Intentions
1. Chaotic Skies (District H, military)

Forumite Dwarfing Request
1. Dunamisdeos - wants to be a military dwarf (District H) as Mr Beard, axedwarf. With Mrs Eva, wood cutter or carpenter.

--

I'd gladly claim from Mr. Urdothor's list to complete my 7 citizens to be part of District F
2. Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed
3. Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms

4. Mr Mestthos Paddleglows
5. Mrs Mestthos Laboredoil

Which would still leave 7+ from your original list:

1. Miss Sarvesh Fountaingleamed

7. Mr Lorbam Lancedstirred
8. Mrs Lorbam Blockadetwisted
9. Miss Lorbam Tonguetin
10. Lorbam Dikeankle
11. Miss Lorbam Udaredem

12. Mr Doren Inkspear
13. Mrs Doren Wondergilt
14. Doren Chamberlashed
15. Miss Doren Holemine
16. Doren Postspread

and the 4 Unclaimed if Mr Chaotic Skies forgoes recruiting and training militia this first year?

Am I right to understand that the whole family clan goes together?

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2016, 02:44:39 pm »

The 7 original founders are the ones Timeless Bob has. So that's 33?

I've only list eight as my top requests so, why are there 16 under my name? Relevant skill set I guess?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:48:43 pm by Urdothor »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2016, 02:54:40 pm »

OK, Districts start with seven Dwarves, or they don't start.  Seven is the number and the number will be seven!

So, with that said, I want everyone who wishes to play a District this year to post a list of the Seven Dwarves they want to be their Founders, plus three more.  The deadline for this is noon on the 27th, forum time.

Once noon on the 27th has gone, I will be taking the first dwarf of every post and adding them to the claimed Districts, with ties going toward whomever has posted their list of dwarves first.  Second for the second and so on until either those Districts have 7 Founders, or there are no more Dwarves in anyone's list.

Under this system, Urdothor is guaranteed his starting 7 because he posted the list I requested (sort of) first. Because we have more potential Players than Dwarves right now, someone will be waiting for more Dwarves and starting on Founders Day of year 203 instead.

All Dwarves except for the 7 original Founders (and now, obviously Urodothor's starting seven) are available to be Founders, including Children and babies, but if children and babies aren't chosen, they'll follow their parents as "bonus citizens" of a District.  Unclaimed spouses will become "bonus citizens" the same way.  Obviously, unless special dispensation is made, spouses who are Founders of different Districts will become estranged and not produce any children, but that's part of the strategy of who you would like to put on your list of the Dwarves as District Founders, (plus 3 more just in case there's ties). 

There is a possibility that someone's draft list will contain more than three ties with someone else's draft list, which is why ties go to whomever posts first, because then the later Player can edit their draft list or get the person who posted before them to edit theirs instead via "persuasive argument" or possible promises of future payment.

This is why all the trade deals will Also be in negotiation until the 27th at least, because some deals will fall through because of the simple fact that those Districts weren't able to get seven dwarves to Found it that year in the first place.

I suppose if everyone's lists are posted quickly and there's coordination, then everyone will have their seven with no ties and we can get started earlier.

How to play the "Blueprint" game-play, you can just designate excavations and buildings and resources however you want, but know that your blueprint will probably be the ideal of what your District is hoping to achieve, and that you'll probably have to trade with other Districts during the week to get the resources you need to build your District the way you want it.    Another way is to burrow your dwarves in your area, and burrow the other dwarves in their areas, and try to get everyone else's Founders to do what they basically said they would do, then put all the other Founder dwarves in a burrow out of the way and let them starve - the pool of other people's Founders that you don't have trade agreements with. (Obviously, the wild card here is the unclaimed dwarves.  They'll work or loaf around according to their own whims and either speed the process up or be maddeningly slow.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:09:49 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2016, 02:58:08 pm »

Gwolfski (District G)
1. Mr Deduk Beasttrumpet
2. Mrs Deduk Minereleased
3. Miss Deduk Washedpaper
4. Miss Deduk Furnacestern

5. Mr Zasit Knowingwind
6. Mrs Zasit Walledbowel
7. Miss Eral Paddledhigh

extras:
Doren Postspread
Mrs Uzol Wringbust
Uzol Socketpapers

Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »

I've only list eight as my top requests so, why are there 16 under my name? Relevant skill set I guess?

I think it's because they have kids, and you did not count them?
I think those without Mr or Miss or Mrs are kids.
Like the Ast family had 1 kid, and I counted it as 3 instead of 2. 

We're mostly blind going at this, so it's all good and fun.  Just think of you having a large family farm, kids gets to help harvest!

Edit:  Oh, actually, even though they have the same name "clan" they are unmarried adults and most likely get a different name in the future when they get married, or make an artifact.

So there's plenty of unclaimed resulting from you list.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:09:33 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »

Sanctume (District 9 F)

1. Mr Ast Graverelic
2. Mrs Ast Dikecradle
3.  Ast Blockadebolted

4. Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed
5. Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms

6. Mr Mestthos Paddleglows
7. Mrs Mestthos Laboredoil

Extras
1. Mr Uzol Manorswamp
2. Mrs Uzol Wringbust
3. Uzol Socketpapers

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »

We're mostly blind going at this, so it's all good and fun.  Just think of you having a large family farm, kids gets to help harvest!

I actually checked who was and wasn't a kid when posting. The different titles may signify parents/grandparents as well, I think? Like there was two adult males with the same name, so.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2016, 03:11:57 pm »

How to play the "Blueprint" game-play, you can just designate excavations and buildings and resources however you want, but know that your blueprint will probably be the ideal of what your District is hoping to achieve, and that you'll probably have to trade with other Districts during the week to get the resources you need to build your District the way you want it.    Another way is to burrow your dwarves in your area, and burrow the other dwarves in their areas, and try to get everyone else's Founders to do what they basically said they would do, then put all the other Founder dwarves in a burrow out of the way and let them starve - the pool of other people's Founders that you don't have trade agreements with. (Obviously, the wild card here is the unclaimed dwarves.  They'll work or loaf around according to their own whims and either speed the process up or be maddeningly slow.

So, everyone would be greatly assisted by screenshots then.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2016, 03:16:30 pm »

I actually checked who was and wasn't a kid when posting. The different titles may signify parents/grandparents as well, I think? Like there was two adult males with the same name, so.

Yep, I realize that and I was thinking the clan name as entire family unit -- all or nothing.

Since they are un-married adults, they are likely to have their own clan name after getting married / kids.

What's the prefixes?
Mr - married male?
Mrs - married female
Miss - single female
"Master, Mst, Msr? - single male?

or we can do
Lord, Lady for married couples, hehe.
Mr and Ms for singles.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2016, 03:30:15 pm »

Okay, so, top 10 8 and I'll take something else if someone really wants one of my choices:
1. Miss Sarvesh - Farmer

2. Mr Braidedtreason - Herbalist
3. Mrs Braidedtreason - Woodcutter

4. Mr Mestthos - Herbalist

5. Mr Lorbham - Herbalist
6. Mrs Lorbham - Herbalist
7, Miss Lorbham - Worthless Meat Sack Dwarven Baby
8. Mr Doren - Herbalist

Ok, I think I know where I got confused.  Too many names, to pick the remaining.

Based on Urdothor, and comparing to the list in the first page, which are available that I can include in my pick?

First page list.

Miss Sarvesh Fountaingleamed - matches 1 of Urdothor list

Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed - matches 2
Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms - matches 3

Mr Mestthos Paddleglows - matches 4
Mrs Mestthos Laboredoil - free, estranged if picked?

Mr Lorbam Lancedstirred - matches 5
Mrs Lorbam Blockadetwisted - matches 6
Lorbam Dikeankle (Dwarven Baby) - matches 7?

Miss Lorbam Tonguetin - free, single?
Miss Lorbam Udaredem - free, single?

Mr Doren Inkspear - matches 8
Mrs Doren Wondergilt - free, estranged if picked?

Doren Chamberlashed - free, unwanted child?
Doren Postspread - free, unwanted child?

Miss Doren Holemine - free, single?

edits...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:32:33 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2016, 03:37:50 pm »

Oh crap, now I get it! 

The first page post.  It's is color coordinated on who are the founders (in green text), and the red text are non-founders.

I was copying and pasting the posts into notepad and so there is no green/red text so I counted each name as 1.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2016, 03:40:37 pm »

Ok, I think I know where I got confused.  Too many names, to pick the remaining.

Based on Urdothor, and comparing to the list in the first page, which are available that I can include in my pick?

First page list.

Miss Sarvesh Fountaingleamed - matches 1 of Urdothor list

Mr Braidedtreason Pickhailed - matches 2
Mrs Braidedtreason Hammerrooms - matches 3

Mr Mestthos Paddleglows - matches 4
Mrs Mestthos Laboredoil - free, estranged if picked?

Mr Lorbam Lancedstirred - matches 5
Mrs Lorbam Blockadetwisted - matches 6
Lorbam Dikeankle (Dwarven Baby) - matches 7?

Miss Lorbam Tonguetin - free, single?
Miss Lorbam Udaredem - free, single?

Mr Doren Inkspear - matches 8
Mrs Doren Wondergilt - free, estranged if picked?

Doren Chamberlashed - free, unwanted child?
Doren Postspread - free, unwanted child?

Miss Doren Holemine - free, single?

edits...

I totally didn't see the spouses that went with my picks. If it makes it easier I'll switch out my lower picks so no one becomes estranged and pulled apart. I only really want my first three picks so whomever else comes is fine. So, I'd be fine switching out anyone with a pairing I missed for a single dwarf, or the matching partner for some one I missed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24