Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 33249 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2016, 10:48:30 pm »

My lavish meals are getting stolen by District P's haulers, lol. 

I'll leave it up to TimelessBob to handle how much those prepared lavish meals when it comes to Caravan day.

I think between Shofet and Sanctume's plant gather power, we will have plenty of prepared meals between us to buy needed caravan items.

Although I still prefer to use stone blocks for my buildings, I will leave that up to TimelessBob.

The only things I have not done so far is dig since I am unsure if that can be done in the first 3 seasons, so doing above ground rooms takes longer to get dorm, dining, and bedrooms up.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2016, 06:35:59 pm »

Found out something interesting about the cosmology of the world that The City is a part of: The sun rises in the south-west and sets in the south-east.  I literally arcs through only the southern sky, so all shadows point northward.  Likewise, the moon.  It's because The City is situated so far to the north of The Labyrinth.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:14:57 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:43 pm »

I have a save I want to upload, but I'm having difficulties with dwarf depot. Do I have to compress the file first?

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2016, 10:00:04 pm »

When is the first blueprint due?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2016, 12:03:56 am »

I have a save I want to upload, but I'm having difficulties with dwarf depot. Do I have to compress the file first?

Probably, there is a max file size limited for dffd

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2016, 01:04:32 am »

1-year blueprints are due next Wednesday,  (the 3rd of February) by noon forum time.  Whatever you have, save the file and compress it (I use the freeware 7-zip utility myself), then post it by that time.  Whatever you've done to your District in that save is what I will be using as the blueprint for your District in that year.  (If you don't post a blueprint save-game, that nothing gets done at that District that year, and it becomes an available District again for other Players.  However, even if you post a save where nothing has been done in your District, you'll remain in control of it for the next time.  On the other side of the scale, if you post a save where ten years of play has created this elaborate building and tunnel system, then I'll be using that instead as the blue-print, and however much of that elaborate plan gets completed, that's where it will be in the next save-game.  A Player can choose to submit the same elaborate file for the next ten in-game years, and I'll continue building and excavating it as much as the miners and builder's allow.  Just so long as the Player continues submitting a save each time Founder's Day comes around again. in the Forum Game.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2016, 11:00:11 pm »

The Save File: Wanderland y202 The Olive Grove.7z

The Olive Grove (District F) (imgur album)

It is now the 1st of Granite in the year 203.  One year has passed in The Olive Grove district.

Citizens

Our Military
`Mr Ast' Mondulzaneg, "`Mr Ast' Graverelic", militia captain   
He is married to `Mrs Ast' Dikecradle and has one child:  `Ast' Blockadebolted.
He is eighty-two years old, born on the 27th of Timber in the year 121. 

`Mr Zasit' Nelasled, "`Mr Zasit' Flickerracks", Wrestler   
He is a bachelor.
He is ninety-three years old, born on the 22nd of Slate in the year 110. 

The Bookkeeper
`Mrs Ast' Imusharban, "`Mrs Ast' Dikecradle", bookkeeper   
She is married to `Mr Ast' Graverelic and has one child:  `Ast' Blockadebolted.
She is eighty-one years old, born on the 16th of Malachite in the year 122. 

The Child
`Ast' Medtobalath, "`Ast' Blockadebolted", Dwarven Child   
He is the son of `Mrs Ast' Dikecradle and `Mr Ast' Graverelic.  He is a worshipper of Medtob and a worshipper of The Leafy Pass. 
He is two years old, born on the 3rd of Galena in the year 201. 

The Carpenter
`Mr Doren' Kiborshar, "`Mr Doren' Netwebbed", Administrator,   
He is a bachelor.  He is a worshipper of Lun the Cavern of Bejeweling, a worshipper of The Rumor of Knots, a worshipper of Ubbul, a worshipper of The Celebrated Butterfly of Plates and a dubious worshipper of Thukkan. 
He is forty-six years old, born on the 2nd of Opal in the year 157.

The Farmer
`Mr Braidedtreason' Tekkudilun, "`Mr Braidedtreason' Pickhailed", Herbalist   
He is married to `Mrs Braidedtreason' Hammerrooms and has one child:  Kol Problemwhipped.  He is a worshipper of Immast Fairsaviors. 
He is eighteen years old, born on the 22nd of Opal in the year 185. 

The Farmer's Wife
`Mrs Braidedtreason' Nilmosus, "`Mrs Braidedtreason' Hammerrooms", Administrator,
She is married to `Mr Braidedtreason' Pickhailed and has one child:  Kol Problemwhipped. 
She is twenty-one years old, born on the 18th of Sandstone in the year 182. 

The Blue print
The Olive Grove is mostly a preserved gathering zone for olive trees, cambola trees, and date palms.  There are also rice plants, kenaf plants, and passion fruit vines that locally grow.

Main Hall
The first priority in construction is the main hall with a 4 bed dormitory, 6 table set dining room, food stocks and food preparation workshops.

The Northeast Farm
The second priority would be the preparation of above ground farm lands in the northeast.

The Wood Silo
The third construction project is the wood silo located in the southeast.

The Wood Workshop
The next construction project is the wood workshop building consisting of the single wood stockpile, carpenter, carftdwarf shop, and wood furnace in the first floor.  Ashery and Soap Maker in the second floor.

The Barracks
The next construction is a simple enclosure of the barracks that is under the open skies.

The Farm Roof
The northeast farm roof is constructed next and completed by late autumn..

The Bedroom Apartments
The first 4 bedroom apartments on the first floor are constructed next that begins in early winter.
This is followed by the next 4 bedrooms on the second floor and roofed, as well as adding a temporary simple office for the book-keeper, Mrs Ast.

The Olive Grove, Wall and Moat
The remainder of winter consists of the first wall around the grove, as well as the 5 remaining bedroom walls.  The second floor walls are still under construction by the end of the year 1.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:17:00 pm by Sanctume »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »

can i post my save game about 12 hrs later than the deadline? cos i wont have aces to decent internet untill then
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2016, 05:11:02 pm »

can i post my save game about 12 hrs later than the deadline? cos i wont have aces to decent internet untill then

I can push back the deadline, sure.  Everyone else gets to have the new deadline too, if they want it.
I'll start the combined game on Friday the 5th, using whatever save games have been posted by midnight forum time on Thursday the 4th.

shofet: try using 7-zip to compress your save game, then upload that compressed file to dffd.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:19:42 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »

and, word of advice, always try to use the .zip format. easier for everyone to open it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2016, 05:31:37 pm »

My first game ended with a were-lizard killing over half the pop.

I save scummed once, and this time no were-lizard, but I did sorta planned with a military. 2 of my citizens in my district, and 10 in the District P.

I only had 1 carpenter shop initially, but there was a weapon and armor stock pile in P, so somehow my 2 guys were training wrestling instead of any melee (uniform was set to individual melee choice).

Something else is screwy with burrow as there were no lavish prepared meals created despite having all that available to make in my district.  So, there was little stuff I can trade.  Mostly wood cups and the training weapons traded ok. 

I end up using a bone carver to make bone shell (turtle pond shells): gauntlets, helms and leggings.   Used leather to make 2 armor, high boots, and cloak.  Still had no weapon, so I did not bother trying to setup a forge.  There were mining picks: copper 44, iron 220, decorated bronze picks cost more than the iron, and 1 steel pick at 700+. 

I dug out 2 levels of that square chuck of rock in P, carved matchstick bedrooms, and even furnished it for the rest of the pop.  Made a quick still, kitchen, dininig, and food stock inside with 2 stone doors.

Fortunately, no were-lizard attack, so my last save went peaceful.

I did have to make a depot when the merchant show up.

I made 4 masons in P and had 2 make blocks on repeat--this seems to satisfy my need for blocks that I can safely estimate that I can use stone blocks for flooring instead of logs.  I ran out of logs after consuming both my District and Shofet's district tree cuttings.  I used over 200 logs for flooring.

I did not really min-max my citizens to specific jobs, except for Mr Doren the carpenter.  Focused on farming labors and a few wood crafting.

I could not quite figure out how I got kenaf seeds for planting.  It's either it was milled.  Is the Farmer's Workshop Plant Processing work on above ground cloth plants?  Because I have kenaf threads.  I am waiting for mining pick before I do excavations in my district, as I want to set up a kenaf -> clothing / paper workshops in the future.

Also, anyone know if there are issues regarding to multiple tavern / library / temple locations?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:35:51 pm by Sanctume »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2016, 05:34:05 pm »

and, word of advice, always try to use the .zip format. easier for everyone to open it.

I just followed TimelessBob's use of 7-zip. 

I can upload a regular zip (compressed folder in Windows) too if needed.  Please let me know.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2016, 09:13:44 pm »

ptw

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2016, 06:32:59 am »

I just followed TimelessBob's use of 7-zip. 

I can upload a regular zip (compressed folder in Windows) too if needed.  Please let me know.

No need.  Your file unzipped just fine.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2016, 04:58:31 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11741

I played till fall. I probably dug out too much. Priority to should go to the other districts for mining. Getting the bridge up is priority one in my district.

Here are my orders.

Assign mining, stonecrafting and engraving to Mrs. Iton. Deactivate all gathering besides stone.
Assign mining, masonry, architecture and engraving to Mrs. Feb. Deactivate all gathering besides stone.
Assign Masonry to Mr. Feb. Deactivate all gathering besides stone. Deactivate metalcrafting, armorsmithing.
Assign Mechanics to Mr. Iton. Deactivate all gathering besides stone.
Assign plant gathering to Mr. Uzol

I create two stonepiles, one with everything except obsidian, one only obsidian. Mr. Iton is ordered to make mechanisms from the non obsidian pile all year, switching to obsidian if neccesary. Mr. Feb gets to work making obsidian blocks. If Mrs. Feb gets down time she should also have a workshop to make obsidian blocks with. Mrs. Iton should spend all of her downtime creating obsidian stonepots. Mr. Uzol can assist Olivegrove and be a general hauler.

Priority for my dwarves is getting Olivegrove secured and to dig for magma forges for Lakecastle.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:18:31 pm by Shofet »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24