Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 33252 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2016, 05:00:26 pm »

there is only one cavern layer, 120 levels below the surface!!!!!!!!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »

there is only one cavern layer, 120 levels below the surface!!!!!!!!

Wow that's deep.  So, definitely magma-safe minecarts filled with magma and bring up to the surface sounds like a good idea when we have magma-safe metals. What kind of metals did you find?

IIRC, District P (City of Light or Founder's District?) is just one outdoor warehouse.  I can't wait to see what amenities will be made there: tavern, grand dining hall, dorms or rooms, kitchens?

Speaking of kitchens, I'm curious how multiple dining rooms will behave specially when food stockpiles can be all over.

I'm concerned that if lavish meals aren't available, we may not have enough to trade for any picks and anvils from the caravan. 

I bet if Mr Shofet makes batches of obsidian cups, their trade value will be 3x more than wood cup.  We want at least 1 pick and 1 anvil for each district.  Well, there's plenty of mechanisms too, just in case.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2016, 06:29:57 pm »

well, i built tavern, library, found zinc and gold. there also is aluminum. Staircse is deep as hell

save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11743

ill get the description around 8-9am GMT time.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2016, 06:46:02 pm »

OK!  Well done, you guys!  Once Urdothor posts his save (or midnight rolls around), then I'll get started on the Combined Game.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2016, 06:54:58 pm »

Sorry I'm a little behind everyone. Been a really bad week for playing.  :-\

Should have my save up before the deadline, completed or not.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2016, 07:20:06 pm »

The staircase I dug down to the caverns in Lemducim should be the very last thing dug. I would also consider deactivating hauling when you breach, as their our blowguns and blowdarts littering the place.

There seems to be an excess amount of candy as well! And a road through the caverns on the western side going north to south. The road actually cuts through a candy spire. Pretty neat. I propose a future goal of patching the tunnel road, and establing a trade depot with access to the deep road, as a departure point for merchants and visitors in time of siege or danger. Or because their elves.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »

The staircase I dug down to the caverns in Lemducim should be the very last thing dug. I would also consider deactivating hauling when you breach, as their our blowguns and blowdarts littering the place.

There seems to be an excess amount of candy as well! And a road through the caverns on the western side going north to south. The road actually cuts through a candy spire. Pretty neat. I propose a future goal of patching the tunnel road, and establing a trade depot with access to the deep road, as a departure point for merchants and visitors in time of siege or danger. Or because their elves.

The City of Lights is directly adjacent to the northernmost Dwarven Fortress from worldgen.  The group that founded The City of Lights is named "The Great Road" for this very reason.  The fact that the road cuts through a candy spire is pretty neat, I agree.  Perhaps The City will self-segregate into "Uptown" and "Downtown"with "The Suburbs" somewhere in the middle.  (Perhaps not, but it's an interesting concept.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:43:32 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »

Sorry I'm a little behind everyone. Been a really bad week for playing.  :-\

Should have my save up before the deadline, completed or not.

So long as you have something posted before the deadline, don't worry about how complete it is or not.  All part of the game.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2016, 08:27:57 pm »

@ Sanctume, if your down for it, you could designate a basement level in the obsidian to be dug out, and I could base myself there for the turn. We could ignore my district for the turn, and in return my dwarves could work and hunker down in your district. This would make it alot easier to secure our dwarves this first year.

Creating 5 settlements with 2 picks is just a little too ridiculous in one year.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2016, 08:46:17 pm »

Nearing the end of the first year and I have one request for trade.
Cats.

Edit: My stockpiles were full of vermin most of the time, and I want a cat or two to help keep it clear.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:58:18 pm by Urdothor »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »

Alright you guys, double-check the trade screen and be sure to make your trade deals final before the end of the turn.  All the ones currently marked in Green are the ones that I'll be using, all the others aren't finalized and will be disregarded.  (I'll leave them up until the Combined Game has completed a year, but I won't use any that haven't been finalized.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:20:43 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus -Blueprint phase-
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:04 pm »

I accept the founders districts counter offer on the picks, though I implore the unamed district to allow my miners to dig out his excavations for expediency.

I will handle any stone good production needed by Olivegrove for this turn, be it blocks, mechanisms, etc.

I will also offer 3 free stone mechanisms of unknown value to any district for support in Mr. Febs bid to become manager. If approved by the city council, Mr. Feb would resign his post as CMD.

Mr. Feb runs on a platform of being a selfless dwarf, focused on the success and prosperity of the City as a whole.

Edit: deactivated a few more labors on Mr. Feb
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:27:11 am by Shofet »

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.04 Phoebus -Blueprint phase-
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2016, 11:26:35 pm »

I accept the founders districts counter offer on the picks, though I implore the unnamed district to allow my miners to dig out his excavations for expediency.

That would be me, correct?

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2016, 11:38:36 pm »

Yes.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2016, 11:47:34 pm »

Yes.

Well, As I haven't carved out much, that works for me. I accept having Shofet's miners do my mining

Haven't finished my year, but I have 1 more small thing left and I'll be done.

Edit: Uploading it as we speak, may take a little bit of time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:39:26 am by Urdothor »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24