Author Topic: Poke  (Read 35856 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Poke
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 03:04:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of that is possible, though getting all those things to play nice together might be a little tricky; Though, the dimension  hopping thing is a no go. Extrauniverstal engines are...well it took the doctor several hundred years to figure out how to make it and they're very large. Not easy to mass produce.
Yeah, scrap the universe hopping then. Figured those wouldn't be easy to get anyway.

And yes, I acknowledge getting these various technologies, what with their very different origins and characteristics, go mesh together is not a trivial task. Which is why I thought the adaptive organic computers might work well for this, since we could presumably keep evolving them till it works (though if something like a wetware ai would work better that's also fine of course).

How large a ship could we teleport, by the way, with the current machine? And could we build a bigger one?

Any more info you need? More details, plans on how to do the 'training' of the contol unit? What do you/Steve think of the plan itself, think it could work/provide game opportunities? Or shouldn't we bother working on it more?

Could you run this?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »

How expensive would a mythril braincase be?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »

We have heat eating meta-crystals and stock battleplate layers that are specifically desinged to disperse heat over a wide area.
How effective would it be to line one of the lower layers of this material with a number of small cryotic crystals?

Alternatively, we have nigh unbreakable hexbug armor that melts faster than an australian icecream,
how effective would it be to stud it with cryotic crystals and place a metal sheet over the top of it that has high thermal resistance?

alternatively do we have any heatproof impact gel?

The second one is more reasonable, but it wouldn't be perfect.  If you basically mixed a powdered version of the crystals in, it would greatly increase heat resistance, but it still wouldn't be perfect.
didnt those things need to be a specific size to start working?

im talking about those crystal rods we were gonna yse against the thermophage by the way.
Oh those. Those you could do it with but they would be very awkward and probably kill you.

Also this is getting into building armor, which I don't do.
What is medifoam made out of and does it have any particularly useful or unique propertys we haven't seen yet?
It's just a biologically inactive expanding foam. I don't know the exact chemical formula but it doesn't have any special properties besides being able to be used internally and not cause problems.

*Nikitian is extremely happy to see this thread.

For PIECEWISE:

• Could you please check your memory, consult your notes, and describe 1) Walking (Magister's?) Bastion, 2) High-Guard Armor, 3) Arbiter Cloak (not to be confused with Avatar Cloak) "cloth" armors?
Spoiler: Source, for reference: (click to show/hide)

• Secondly, could you explain the tech behind the Avatar Cloak a bit? I.e., just enough handwavium so we could handwave along, not in-depth technical specs, of course.
(I do NOT wish to know their specific armor thickness. I will have syv for that. Just the general description/tech involved in construction.)
You should know that a lot of this stuff exists in my notes as like a one sentence description. If at all.
The bastion is gonna use automanips so it's a no go regardless
The high guard armor is basically what those giant guys that faith fought a while back were wearing. Dunno why it's under cloth armor.
Arbiter cloak is basically the same as an avatar cloak, just lighter and less protective.

If I remember right it was just a meta material that hardened when subjected to high forces.

Is the weapon that creates solid light spheres around whatever you shoot kinda like a gravity gun? I mean, if I trap something in a sphere and then move the gun to the right, will the sphere go to the right (assuming I have enough strength)?

If it doesn't work that way, would you be fine with me working out a way to do that and a price for it with Syv? Something like making a solid light rod or rope extend from the gun to the sphere?

Yes, it's almost exactly like that. In fact, you don't even need to be that strong to move things.

...If I save a human (Say, Xanessa) using the RL Copy/Paste tool, would the copy of the person (Say, Xanessa, at high velocity) be able to use origin tech? Would the copy even be alive or the same person?
Copy with what? The matter saver? The Cube?
How expensive would a mythril braincase be?
NO. Thats a sy job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nChTVtKH4

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of that is possible, though getting all those things to play nice together might be a little tricky; Though, the dimension  hopping thing is a no go. Extrauniverstal engines are...well it took the doctor several hundred years to figure out how to make it and they're very large. Not easy to mass produce.
Yeah, scrap the universe hopping then. Figured those wouldn't be easy to get anyway.

And yes, I acknowledge getting these various technologies, what with their very different origins and characteristics, go mesh together is not a trivial task. Which is why I thought the adaptive organic computers might work well for this, since we could presumably keep evolving them till it works (though if something like a wetware ai would work better that's also fine of course).

How large a ship could we teleport, by the way, with the current machine? And could we build a bigger one?

Any more info you need? More details, plans on how to do the 'training' of the contol unit? What do you/Steve think of the plan itself, think it could work/provide game opportunities? Or shouldn't we bother working on it more?

Could you run this?

I think it can work but I'm just saying that if something goes wrong it's gonna go very wrong. Nuclear reactor style: You can make it as safe as you possibly can, but at the end of the day you're still working with inherently dangerous materials.

That depends. the machine transports a certain volume of matter, so density matters. 10,000 sponge cakes vs 100 bars of lead.

Worry about that latter, or more than likely, hash it out with sy and come to me with specific problems neither of you know how to fix.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 03:57:31 pm »

Copying them with the matter saver. I forgot the cube could copy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 04:37:37 pm »

Copying them with the matter saver. I forgot the cube could copy.
You aren't copying them. The matter saver literally pulls the original into itself and keeps it there.

Think pokeball, not reality xerox.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 05:40:00 pm »

Hm hm hm interesting.

So, to clarify, Xanessa would still be the very same Xanessa (albeit high velocity) that was torn out of reality?

And this could be used to "save" prefabricated houses/people for offsite construction/breeding and compact transportation of said houses/people?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 06:31:28 pm »

7c. Can a Pocket Dimension feed directly into a Matter Saver cartridge?

7c.Uh.  I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds extremely dangerous.  I invite you to try it yourself, though.  You're in M26; you can afford it.
Basically, can I arrange a Pocket Dimension Exit and Matter Saver Cartridge so that stuff that exits is immediately saved?
Ask PW.  I don't know how the Matter Saver works.
So, can a Matter Saver be linked to a Pocket Dimension to just grab bits of matter out of it?

Can we make Pimp Sods? Basically Sods trained to control Pimpanium in very specific ways such as making it fly in given directions so that we can harvest their brains to make what are essentially manipulator batteries for Pimpanium?

Oh, and can a Matter Saver receive input from one side and output from the other? So if say, hypothetically, if I were to disguise one as a fleshlight so that anything shoved into the input end gets messily hurled out of the other side, would it work?

Could the Matter Saver be modified to automatically save continuous and eject everything inside it? So in the above example, which I definitely won't do in-game at all, you would be able to use it as an improvised melee weapon that saves the upper layers of a target and ejects them via loading like some sort of horrible, horrible woodchipper?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:30:04 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 06:32:18 pm »

Syv directed me to you, so here I am.

In Hephaestus they had researched an artifact recovered from the Anomalous Planetoid that they discovered ate space magic to slowly grow and spawn others like it, converting the absorbed space magic to heat and light in the process. It essentially acted as an area denial against space magic, both friendly and hostile. Could I get one of those? If yes, how much would it cost?

Second, could I get a battlesuit sized arranger? If yes, could you give me a price? It costs 2 tokens right now.
And it takes multiple kinds of ammo... kinda like a Gauss rifle, if you think about it. Only this one creates effects instead of shooting bullets.

Third, could I get a battlesuit sized solid light shield and solid light containment gun? If yes, could you tell me how much they would cost?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:02:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 06:55:57 pm »

Am I allowed to Tinker myself?  If so, who do I tinker to--you or the council?  Judging my own designs seems like a really bad idea, due to bias.

Am I allowed to shock people if they get annoying or... try things?  Nobody has shown themselves to need a buzz, but I'd like to know so I can uphold the tinker tradition of empty threats.

I'm pretty sure Saint was IC involved in the wunderkinder project and would have interacted with the children, but just to make sure I'm asking you.  He did, right?

On the topic of backround Hephaestus IC stuff, how many years have passed since Saint, Simus, and Sean's char were left on Hephaestus?  I just want to know how many years old Saint is now.  For reference, the wunderkinder guy is 21 years old, though I think we were making use of some accelerated growth shenanigans.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 06:58:00 pm »

You want to Tinkerbate? Uh, you could just run it through The Council, couldn't you? Just stand in the middle of the council chambers and tinkerbate for all to see.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

What does the weevil gun look like?
Solid light protection field?
Containment gun?
Brainworm gun?
Auto target system?

Matter saver?
Elemental infuser?

All these latest space magic weapons and stuff, we know what the do but we have no idea what they actually look like.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:13:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 11:09:34 pm »

"It's a featureless black box."

Materials science-wise, would an edged melee weapon made of hexbug work? Dev told me that it magically removes kinetic energy, but I think he was thinking of forcefields.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:12:05 am by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:10 am »

As far as I know its just nigh unbreakable, dense as fuck, and heavy as sin.

So it would probably only work as a replacement for the melee battlesuits I-Beam sword and function in much the same manner.

How expensive are the heat eating rods when used in mass production?
albiet likely ill advised production.

how do matter savers save matter as an action?
can they do it from range or do they need to toich it?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:27:35 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

How the elemental infuser works? Do we just think about the infusion and the thing is coated?

Is there a way to make a rechargable battery for it? Or something that we could got the ressource around the char to use?

Can we put the force infuser in a bat, like the Shockwave Bat?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »

Will Faith's berserk mode work in robot bodies and assaultsuits?

Do kinamps suffer from "safe use" limits like amps/manipulators? What about weirdness from combining with synthflesh?

Speaking of safe use limits, are those per user or per amp/brain? Would two copies of a microwave amp or a single manipulator swapping between brains allow more safe uses per mission or not?

Speaking of weirdness from combining amps/manips and synthflesh, we have any details?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16