Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56

Author Topic: Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished  (Read 480600 times)

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 410 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2018, 09:16:11 am »

Oh hey! I was going to ask you for those. I’ll upload the save later today. Still running on 44.05

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2018, 05:55:11 pm »

Ok here's the latest save NCommander. I had to put in dropbox because the file is too big now for the DF File Depot. All I think I need are pedestals, display cases and the museum location option. Good luck!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8hxg6dncu5mqiw/Archcrystal.zip?dl=0

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #527 on: March 24, 2018, 12:18:20 am »

Monster fortress is monster. Got DFHack setup, and the tileset bent into the right shape.

Anyway, this was considerably more straight forward to at least get partially working than the library

Display cases are *NOT* working. There's likely a reaction missing but I can't seem to find it. I can create glass windows but actually building the case doesn't show up.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 24, 2018, 09:08:22 am »

Awesome, I was only going to use pedestals anyways. Can you assign a museum location from them?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #529 on: March 25, 2018, 01:06:35 pm »

Sorry for the delay on this, I came down with a bad case of sick, and haven't been able to test my modifcations to the point I'm happy I didn't blotch anything. I'll try and do it this evening.

Also, I'd think display cases would fit in your glass tower more than pedestals would ...
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 25, 2018, 03:33:39 pm »

No problem, it sucks trying to do anyhting on this game sick. The pedestals I can make out of glass, but display cases have wood bases so straight up glass pedestals would work better I think.

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 25, 2018, 08:37:33 pm »

Lurked this thread for a long time, but now that I've got an account I might as well ptw.

Probably the most legendary fortress of all time, here's to another 400 years at least!

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:10 am »

Welcome aboard! And thanks again to everyone reading and commenting. All of the feedback is very motivating!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #533 on: March 26, 2018, 10:27:49 am »

Follow-up here. I did fix display cases; just need to recheck muesums, but haven't manage to stress test this. If I don't get to it tonight, I'm just going to upload it as is, and let Sethatos abuse it. I'm more confident than the work I did is less likely to break. I do need to create a muesum and make sure it works.

Unfortunately, I had a bad case of "OMG ILL" happen after I posted this.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 26, 2018, 12:50:46 pm »

I can test the museum location if you're not up to it. Take of yourself, sounds like you got a nasty bug. Thanks again for doing this!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #535 on: March 26, 2018, 01:06:35 pm »

Just sent it as a PM. No desire to take this and make you wait a week while I stop feeling sick. Make sure it's stable and doesn't crash cause I didn't do anything beyond the most rudamentry testing before my body said "F*** you".

I'll post a narrative paragraph that goes with it when I feel slightly less dead to the world.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 26, 2018, 02:46:48 pm »

Thanks again! And don't worry about writing if you're not up to it.

Made a museum from an artifact on a pedestal. Seems to work fine so far:

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 30, 2018, 09:21:36 pm »

Ptw

Awesome fortress!  I haven't played in a couple years but reading this has made me want to try another fort.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 31, 2018, 07:40:34 pm »

Ptw

Awesome fortress!  I haven't played in a couple years but reading this has made me want to try another fort.

Reading this makes me want to make a multi generational fort.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 01, 2018, 03:38:17 pm »

Reading this makes me want to make a multi generational fort.
Get a good computer, set your population low, and turtle. Also grab yourself DFhack for fixing bugs that pop up in long-running forts.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56